Lemon law question

Jaay_d5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Gt
I just lemoned lawed my 19 mustang gt i want to remove my roush mufflers but no longer have the 18+ quad stock exhaust would i be fine with putting a 15-17 dual stock exhaust? Or a muffler delete with straight pipes? Just found some low deals on offerup and this is my first lemon law so I don’t know if ford is ok with me swapping some of my 19 mustang features with the 15-17 exhaust and tail lights
Sponsored

Techapma

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach1, HP, FJG, M6
Lemon laws vary by state.

Monkeying with the car is good way to disrupt the process.

You should consult your attorney before altering the car.

Venomous Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500/2019 F-350 / 2021 Bronco First Edition
I’m in Florida and we just had to lemon law our explorer st this past summer. We had to list modifications done to the car( borla exhaust and steeda lowering springs) and Ford reimbursed us for those parts, we just had to show them the receipts. But it sounds like you may be further along in the process. We did not have a lawyer, mainly because Florida’s lemon law is pretty strong. Once they realized we purchased the car in Florida and met the criteria it was a done deal. By the way, that little SUV was pretty fun and we still miss it. It just had an electronic gremlin that could not be figured out.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Here's what the actual Ford RAV guidelines are with regards to turning in the collateral. These are the inspection points as outlined by Ford RAV and the Dealership must check the collateral per these guidelines. I've posted the info in prior Lemon Law, Buy Back and Ford RAV related threads.

If you have removed parts from the vehicle, those parts must be replaced with original or similar parts.

---
Interior 1:
Any burn holes to interior upholstery OR any gouges on any interior soft/hard surface that is 1/8” or less is not chargeable to the customer.

Interior 2:
Any stains, cuts or tears to the upholstery seating surfaces that is less than 1/2” is not chargeable to the customer.

Tires:
Tires with 1/8” or more of tread remaining is not chargeable to the cusomter. Standard tread wear indicator tool can be used for measurement.

Exterior 1 / Body:
Dealer must place RAV Measurement card over any visible scratch, chip or dent. If that card completely covers that type of damage it’s not chargeable to the customer. The referred to “card” is approx 3”L x 2”W.

Exterior 2 / Lenses, Body moldings and Window trim:
If there are any scratches, dings or dents to these areas that are 2” or less, it is not chargeable to the customer.

Glass:
In the center of the measurement card there is a 1” circle. If there is any glass damage (chips, cracks etc) that fits into the circle each instance is a $50.00 charge to the customer. If a crack or chip exceeds the diameter of the circle OR there are more than (2) such occurances on the SAME piece of glass, the customer is charged the total cost to replace the glass.

———
Any damages to be assessed by the Ford Dealership and such repair costs to be paid by the customer will usually be based on cost to repair by Body Shop standards as well as cost of original new Ford replacement parts.

Any missing equipment, damages or abnormal wear to the vehicle, the Customer is responsible for the cost of repairs at the time of completing the Reacquired Vehicle Transaction - that means you either have to pay by cash, credit or roll the repair cost into the new loan (new loan = if getting a replacement Ford). Ford RAV won’t let you complete the transaction until all damages and monies for such are satisfied.

Sticky Burner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marty
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I just lemoned lawed my 19 mustang gt i
I'm thinking I might have to do the same w/my 19 GT. Dealership can't fix transmission probs, and even the FSE they sent from Ford doesn't have a clue. Did you have to sue a lawyer or did Ford capitulate willingly? Are they paying off you loan, or giving you a 'fair market value', etc?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jaay_d5.0

Jaay_d5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Gt
I'm thinking I might have to do the same w/my 19 GT. Dealership can't fix transmission probs, and even the FSE they sent from Ford doesn't have a clue. Did you have to sue a lawyer or did Ford capitulate willingly? Are they paying off you loan, or giving you a 'fair market value', etc?
They paid my full loan just subtracted my negative equity and some mileage deductable I recommend getting a lawyer to get your maximum refund or selling it to a dealership since the value is high at the moment. Because going through ford they might try to rip you off

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Doing a Buy Back or Lemon Claim, you don’t need a lawyer, it can be done without any lawyer.

Also Ford can’t and won’t “rip off” anyone if a Buy Back is initiated. Ford has to follow the Lemon Law provisions and policies outlined by your Home State. Ford cannot and will not deviate from the State Lemon Laws.

Any fees imposed or collected are based on the Home State Lemon Laws, not Ford or ANY Vehicle Manufacturer. Any money owed on an open loan will get resolved during the Buy Back process.

Best advice I give everyone who is doing a Ford Buy Back, or is thinking of it - go to your Home State’s Lemon Law website, either DMV or State Attorney General .gov site. Do not use a 3rd party website for Lemon Law info.

The Ford RAV Buy Back process is well outlined on this site by many threads …. and there have been many successful completed Buy Backs without Attorney presence.

Search on:

Lemon Law (there’s a huge thread in this very sub-forum)
Ford RAV
RAV Buy Back
Ford Buy Back
Collateral swap
Ford Refund
Sponsored