Sponsored

Leaked: 2019 GT500 5.2L Supercharged Engine Wiring CAD Diagram from Ford!

xt6wagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 base triple yellow
There's a line in the newest MT about there being a Ranger Raptor being developed in Australia. Interesting since vehicle production in that country has come to a halt.
There is some info on the ford Australia site already, since like a couple months ago. Its not like the Ranger Raptor is a huge secret.
Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
The Mustang isn't the only vehicle attending the show from Ford...

Falc'man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Falcon
There's a line in the newest MT about there being a Ranger Raptor being developed in Australia. Interesting since vehicle production in that country has come to a halt.
Ford Australia is still one of only 3 global Ford centres that is capable of designing a vehicle from scratch.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

xt6wagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 base triple yellow
Not to get too far off topic but the new bronco supposed to be a 2020 vehicle. A little early for that no?

https://www.ford.com/suvs/bronco/

I would have guessed Ranger but you said SUV. I still hope it's mustang related.
could be delivered to customers on Jan 1st 2019 from a legal perspective. Production for those vehicles can happen at any time before that as far as I know. I've seen cars built mid year, the year before when there is stuff like shipping across an ocean to built in a healthy delay between production and dealers lots. IE a 92 sold in 91 built mid 90.

JGillis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taurus SHO
Ranger and new Explorer.
That makes more sense. So Ranger and Explorer debut at detroit. Do u know what they are showing at this Ford event the day before the show?

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
Ranger and new Explorer.
I was going to say new explorer!! Bmac do you know if there’ll be a Ford performance Explorer trim, above the sport model? I was looking at the spy shots looks like the ‘19 is going to be a bit larger, closer in size to chevys new Traverse.

RSPEC-015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Territory & Mustang GT
It was a sad day here in October 2016 when Ford stopped local manufacture of our beloved Falcon and Territory. But, Ford Australia is now profitable as a full importer and we have access to Mustang as the halo vehicle.

Ford still have a design centre here along with the You Yangs Proving Ground. There are at least 1500 engineers employed here and they do a lot of design, development, calibration and testing work for many Ford divisions.

With Ranger Raptor developed here you can be sure it will be done right - the guys here have worked miracles with limited budgets in the past - comparatively speaking.

https://www.ford.com.au/about-ford/...-development-centre-to-drive-innovation--exp/

Falc'man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Falcon
It was a sad day here in October 2016 when Ford stopped local manufacture of our beloved Falcon and Territory. But, Ford Australia is now profitable as a full importer and we have access to Mustang as the halo vehicle.

Ford still have a design centre here along with the You Yangs Proving Ground. There are at least 1500 engineers employed here and they do a lot of design, development, calibration and testing work for many Ford divisions.

With Ranger Raptor developed here you can be sure it will be done right - the guys here have worked miracles with limited budgets in the past - comparatively speaking.

https://www.ford.com.au/about-ford/...-development-centre-to-drive-innovation--exp/
Yes, I've always said that if they had a global budget they'd work wonders. They proved that with T6.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I was going to say new explorer!! Bmac do you know if there’ll be a Ford performance Explorer trim, above the sport model? I was looking at the spy shots looks like the ‘19 is going to be a bit larger, closer in size to chevys new Traverse.
I don't know a lot about it other than it'll be a rwd platform and definitely will have a hybrid option, with the rest of the platform.

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack

I'd still give a testicle for an FPV Falcon. My sweet, baby Jesus, those things are gorgeous. Hopefully, Ford figures out what the hell it's doing with Supercars racing, either the Mustang, or maybe the Mustang spawns a four-door car produced in the US and exported. Not likely, though.

JR

Nameless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tedd
Vehicle(s)
'13 GT
I don't know a lot about it other than it'll be a rwd platform and definitely will have a hybrid option, with the rest of the platform.
Dang... RWD explorer again? That sounds great. If that's the case I can see a top trim (The SPORT maybe?) having the F150/Expedition 375HP-470lb-ft output or even the 400HP-480lb-ft of the Expedition Platinum (I mean, that would be more than likely wouldn't it?) with the 10 speed auto.

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
Dang... RWD explorer again? That sounds great. If that's the case I can see a top trim (The SPORT maybe?) having the F150/Expedition 375HP-470lb-ft output or even the 400HP-480lb-ft of the Expedition Platinum (I mean, that would be more than likely wouldn't it?) with the 10 speed auto.
Really? Going back to RWD based explorer. I’m glad to hear that. I would love to see them use the raptor engine in it, for like a RS model.

OH3Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Convertible
Thinking Aero

I understand Ford's been aero testing this car and I'm sure it will come with a front splitter and aero tricks. If you combine the low aero front splitter with the magneride suspension will Ford have a "driveway" mode for the car/suspension?

I have a 2013 300 SRT8 and wish it had this feature, the new Ford GT has a mode such as this and I think would help negotiate drives and speedbumps. Any knowledge on this front?
Sponsored