Larger Wheels and Tires for Mach 1

N1180

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
bob
Vehicle(s)
Charger, Mustang
I am sure this has been addressed many times but I wanted to get some opinions on my plan.

I will have a 2022 delivered I the next few days. HP, 6 speed. I wanted to buy a set of new wheels and tires for it. Pilot sport 4S but 315/30ZR19 front and 325/30ZR19 rear. The wheels for the tires I figure should be 19 X 11.5 or 19 X 12 front and 19 X 12 or 19 X 12.5 rear.

I won't track or lower the car. I just want a beefier look since I need the all season tires anyway.

Will this work? If so, Any recommendations on wheels this size?

I really appreciate the experience and expertise on this site.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Bob.
Sponsored

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
I just want a beefier look since I need the all season tires anyway.
Pilot sport 4S
To clarify, you want to go larger. Check. Are you also looking for something supporting another set, an A/S tire? 4S is a Summer tire.

Checking Michelin, you can have a 325/30/19 in an 4 A/S. Next rung down is a 285/30/19, if staying with a 30/19 profile.

https://www.michelinman.com/auto/tires/michelin-pilot-sport-all-season-4?tyreSize=19

There are various calculator sites which can give you your ideal width for a rim. I'm afraid I cannot give insight as to needed offsets and max width possible within the wheel well.

Last edited:

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Will this work? If so, Any recommendations on wheels this size?
It will work, but you'll need some decent amount of camber to tuck them so they don't poke out.

Forgestar makes wheels in custom widths and offsets and are relatively inexpensive.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
I realize you might already know this, and, it's against what you're looking for, but...

The factory HP rims/tires, the front, poke. The plastic fender rims help alleviate some of the issues as far as appearance and protecting the paint.

The stock HP tires are pretty big as it is.

If looking for A/S, you might actually want to go slimmer in a square setup. You could have an A/S set and an HP set, each interchangeable without having to worry about suspension adjustments.

If you go custom with bigger-than HP rims and tires, please reply with what you found, with pics. I'm genuinely interested.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Most a/s stop at 285.

Sponsored

TopJimmyCooks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Prem PP; 2019 EcoBoost Prem
Vehicle Showcase
If you’re just going for aesthetics, you could go with the 285’s and use OP or Apex spacers / longer studs to flush them up to where you want. Would save $ on tires, and you could rotate if you have the right wheel backspacing. Opens up many tire options.

RobZ71LM7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 F-150
If you’re going spacers and studs you could just go with 19x11’s and be able to rotate.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Answer is - could fit depending on the wheel offset - but like others pointed out above, front 315 will poke out quite a bit (it requires ET-22ish mm or equivalent with a spacer) to not rub against the strut - suspension is the same as in GT PP / PP2 (geometry wise, springs are little different) so you can look up other threads about fitment - but with 315 front, be ready for a long paint missing on the side of your car if you plan street driving that width.

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis# M1869, Iconic Silver
I just have to say, the Mach 1 with HP set up should be plenty. If you're concerned about the appearance of a wider stance, you're barking up the wrong tree. The car is set up well for handling. Don't mess with what already works well ... and numerous experts have chimed in to say "it works well."

OP
OP

N1180

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
bob
Vehicle(s)
Charger, Mustang
Thanks for all the replies and advice. I should have said summer performance not A/S.
The front poking out would not be desirable for the mentioned reasons. There is the 315/30ZR19 pilot sport 4S but maybe I should stay with the factory tire specs, front 305/30R19 rear 315/30R19 with the Pilot Sport 4S and just concentrate on the wheels to fit. I will check forgestar. Are there any others with the Mach 1 HS 19 x 10.5 front and 19 X 11.5 rear? I do like the concave look offset permitting. Again its great to have such a source of knowledge as with this forum. Bob.

Sponsored

bryyce62

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G dub
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
I'm with Jeff. The size increase you're after is minimal.
Spend your money on hood struts, jacking rails, H-pipe, etc

Full disclosure, I have 2 sets of rims. The OEM PP2 rims and as set of FP Mach 1 HP rims. One has Cup2's and one has PS4S tires. Both are 305/30's

Last edited:
OP
OP

N1180

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
bob
Vehicle(s)
Charger, Mustang
You might be right. I initially intended to buy a C8 Z06. Had a decent reservation number, deposit, etc. Ive owned 2 Z06s (C6 and C7) before along with many other types including 3 mustangs. Besides not wanting to spend six digits on a car that didn't even have a manual transmission the Mach 1 seemed to be the perfect fit for me. I do not see it as a downgrade but rather a right sizing move. The point being I can afford to make the car mine by changing it without greatly affecting its performance. At this point in my life (retirement) this should maybe my last hoorah as they say so while some see it as a waste of money I see it as a chance to show off my pride and joy. Fortunately I have been blessed through my career to be able to do so. I do understand your point a view though with all due respect.

bryyce62

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G dub
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
You do you, Bob. Good luck with whatever you do. Those of us here will gladly help you separate you from your cash, as it pertains to modding your new street racer. :sunglasses:

OP
OP

N1180

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
bob
Vehicle(s)
Charger, Mustang
My pleasure...I think. I am glad to be here sharing conversations about this fantastic car.
Paying over sticker proves that I am already on that road. So far I am still smiling. Lunacy I tell ya!!!
Sponsored