kids and clean seats.

groundhog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
roderick
Vehicle(s)
'16 mustang gt premium pp
so my son is three and a half years ago and is still in a forward facing car seat for at least a few for more months until we can put him in a booster. his feet touch the back of the front seat.

short of moving the front seat up more and making my wife more uncomfortable, how do you guys with kids keep the back of the seat from getting damaged and dirty? I have used a small towel or blanket and draped it over the back of the seat but want something a little more permanent that wouldn't look like poo.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Cueball

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kia Optima EX, 2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Huh, kids?

Falconetti

cash me outside howbow da
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1, 1994 SVT COBRA
shoes go in the trunk when we get in and then we put them back on when we get out, also lots of yelling about feet on the seat but it was eventually accepted as "Law". now no problems

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brock
Vehicle(s)
18 Audi A3, 21 F150
I really havent worried about it since he is in there so little.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Sponsored

CommyO

Is it a v8?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 EB Premium PP
Take off his shoes or actually discipline him

onosqv

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
QV
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang
no need to fix the car, fix the child.

if taking the kid's shoe off is too inconvenient, maybe buy some toddler booties or something similar - those slip over their shoes & have a cord adjustment for quick on/off action.

shobbs007

Forensicator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - Race Red/PP; 2009 Tundra RW
I use some seat back covers I got off Amazon. Not the greatest thing to do, but it keeps the seat backs clean.

OP
OP

groundhog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
roderick
Vehicle(s)
lol. nothing wrong with my son. my car only has 200 miles on it and he's only been in it twice. prior to this he's been riding in my '13 ecoboost f150 fx4 screw so I never worried about his shoes dirtying the seats.

GDP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Base Deep Impact
I don't see how you have kid(s) and a mustang is your DD. And if it's not, probably best to wait until they are older to let them ride in it.

Sponsored
OP
OP

groundhog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
roderick
Vehicle(s)
wife has a '13 explorer sport. I also have a na miata. :)

GDP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Base Deep Impact
wife has a '13 explorer sport.
So the mustang is not a DD and you're not worried about your kids behavior or dirty shoes. So what was the issue again?

Taneras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Auto 3.55 GT
I don't see how you have kid(s) and a mustang is your DD. And if it's not, probably best to wait until they are older to let them ride in it.
It's not hard. I did it for 30k miles on my 2013 GT and have done it so far (about 5k) on my 2015 GT. I'm in and out of the back seat just as fast as the soccer moms and their SUV's. Now, its rare all 3 of us (wife, myself and my daughter) ride in my car. 99% of the time its just me and one of them.

As for an answer to the OP's question, someone already mentioned what I do earlier. My daughter (nearly 4, I'll be getting a booster seat any week now just need to order one) doesn't wear shoes in my car. It's habitual for her, she already knows the routine. She can climb in just fine with her socks and if she puts her feet on the back of the seat its no biggie.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Now, its rare all 3 of us (wife, myself and my daughter) ride in my car. 99% of the time its just me and one of them.

I actually went the other way, from a 2-seat convertible to the GT Convertible so we could all enjoy the car, and now ~95% of the time, it's all three of us. :)

In fact, my daughter (going on 8) _insists_ we take the GT :D When we pick her up from school together, I can hear her say, "My Dad's here in his five-oh, I'll talk to you later" before we runs to the car with a big ol' grin on her face :D

ATLalien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT PP
My son is 5 now and he's spent a decent amount of time in the 15 and the previous 2012.

I always pick him up off the ground, ask him to knock his feet together to dislodge any dirt, then swing him in without touching the ground again. Then I move the passenger seat up, so his feet don't touch it. If there's a passenger in front, his feet can't help but touch the seat back most times. But he doesn't kick and any dirt will easily wipe off in my next cleaning.

There's also tons of seat back covers out there. I haven't bothered to get one as my mustang is not a DD, but we have one in the wife's car and it works great.

My son loves riding In the mustang and I love having him in it too. He's already a baby gearhead. Great way to pass the hobby on to the next generation.
Sponsored