Sponsored

Key fob went tango uniform

aileron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dick
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt K1191, '20 BMW X3 M40i, '17 BMW 440xi, '14 Ram truck...and 19 old Triumph motorcycles
Today I went to take the Bullitt to have the windows tinted, but the the car wouldn't recognize the 2nd key. I know it had previously worked, so I replaced the ($7.50) battery - still no joy. Is there a procedure to have the fob re-recognize the car?
Sponsored

Bullitt1589

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt #1589
Been a few months since my salesman told me this, but I'm pretty sure if you pull up the bottom of the cup holder, there's a slot there that can reprogram the key. Check the manual

Jasef

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jase
Vehicle(s)
2019 Black Bullitt
Been a few months since my salesman told me this, but I'm pretty sure if you pull up the bottom of the cup holder, there's a slot there that can reprogram the key. Check the manual
2nd this. I just finished reading the manual and it has instructions on how to program new key fobs. Sounded pretty easy. Good luck!

OP
OP
aileron

aileron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dick
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt K1191, '20 BMW X3 M40i, '17 BMW 440xi, '14 Ram truck...and 19 old Triumph motorcycles
Thanks gents, I will RTFM and see what Ford has in mind :-)

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang

Sponsored

Jasef

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jase
Vehicle(s)
2019 Black Bullitt
Thanks gents, I will RTFM and see what Ford has in mind :-)
Ugh, I reread the section on page 64, "Programming a Spare Intelligent Access Key," and it doesn't look very promising for you. In order to program a spare key fob, you must have two working/programmed key fobs (the two that came with your car) inside your car along with the third fob that you wish to program to work with your vehicle... I don' think this feature is 1. going to help you or 2. very helpful... I'm sure someone somewhere wants to have three key fobs for their car, but what an odd feature... I wonder if this has anything to do with the GT350's "Race Key" option found with Forscan?
Aileron, I think you'll be better off going to the dealer and having them replace it/fix it under warranty (hopefully). Keep us posted!

Also, just saw this other thread regarding the same topic, it may have a usable solution for you : https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/programming-key-fob-with-one-key.119911/

Last edited:
OP
OP
aileron

aileron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dick
Vehicle(s)
Ugh, I reread the section on page 64, "Programming a Spare Intelligent Access Key," and it doesn't look very promising for you. In order to program a spare key fob, you must have two working/programmed key fobs (the two that came with your car) inside your car along with the third fob that you wish to program to work with your vehicle... I don' think this feature is 1. going to help you or 2. very helpful... I'm sure someone somewhere wants to have three key fobs for their car, but what an odd feature... I wonder if this has anything to do with the GT350's "Race Key" option found with Forscan?
Aileron, I think you'll be better off going to the dealer and having them replace it/fix it under warranty (hopefully). Keep us posted!

Also, just saw this other thread regarding the same topic, it may have a usable solution for you : https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/programming-key-fob-with-one-key.119911/
I tired your trick this morning . Yep, the car will start with the bad key if its in the slot under the rear cup holder, *BUT* the fob isn't recognized when it's in or outside the Bullitt. I'm guessing the radio stuff inside the key fob went tits up ;-( Off to a local dealer to have them look at it.

OP
OP
aileron

aileron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dick
Vehicle(s)
Update: Local SoCal dealer advised the key fob had stopped "fobbing", they kindly ordered a new one, arrived the next day & programmed it to the Bullitt while I waited - about 90 minutes to program the fob. Nice to have a warranty; the fobs are $403 !!

While waiting, I talked with the sales manager about the Bullitt they had in the showroom. They were showing a $2,400 discount off MSRP on the sticker, and it seemed there was more to negotiate as they want it "gone". SM volunteered they asked for, and sold their first Bullitt for $5K ADM.

OP
OP
aileron

aileron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dick
Vehicle(s)
Any idea why it stopped working? was it ever dropped maybe? Got it wet somehow?.. Just curious.
HaHa, not put through the wash or fell in the snow :-) it worked when new, but was our spare key and it hung on the wall. Worked when i left Montana but didn't when I arrived in SoCal; perhaps it was a tiny political protest...
Sponsored

Last edited: