Sponsored

Bullitt went Tango Uniform last night

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
One thing I realized starting back 15 years or so, the dealership mechanics don't know much more than what their scanners tell them. The days of true Mechanics are pretty much over at dealerships. And they will only do what they are told to do, unless they can physically see a part is broke.
Sadly this is true. They follow the script and generally do not deviate. Given the tools and the shop manual it isn't too hard these days. Most of the time they just replace major components rather than repair too.
Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
One thing I realized starting back 15 years or so, the dealership mechanics don't know much more than what their scanners tell them. The days of true Mechanics are pretty much over at dealerships. And they will only do what they are told to do, unless they can physically see a part is broke.
[/QUOTE

That is scary as hell too!

OP
OP
aileron

aileron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dick
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt K1191, '20 BMW X3 M40i, '17 BMW 440xi, '14 Ram truck...and 19 old Triumph motorcycles
Update: A solenoid that drives one of the cam phasers was FUBAR - replaced and it runs okay . Dealer told me they found evidence of mice under the hood - what do I do about that? Apparently they can chew on the wiring!!!

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
Update: A solenoid that drives one of the cam phasers was FUBAR - replaced and it runs okay . Dealer told me they found evidence of mice under the hood - what do I do about that? Apparently they can chew on the wiring!!!
Just do a thorough inspection of all wiring under your hood to include the fuse boxs. They will also eat rubber hoses etc. Then go to farmers supply store and buy industrial strength rodant repellant spray and spray everything under your hood. Good Luck.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Did your car sit long? The wire coating is soybean based material and apparently a very tasty treat to rodents.

Sponsored

OP
OP
aileron

aileron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dick
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt K1191, '20 BMW X3 M40i, '17 BMW 440xi, '14 Ram truck...and 19 old Triumph motorcycles
Did your car sit long? The wire coating is soybean based material and apparently a very tasty treat to rodents.
Yes, it sat for about a month (it was on a battery tender) but apparently I have mice in the garage. I'll be like Chevy Chase in Caddy Shack.

Update #2: When I picked up the car, the tech came out to tell me although it didn't throw a code, when he scoped it bank 2 intake cam phaser was off by 25* !!!! No wonder with one cam 25* out of phase from the other intake cam it ran so shitty. Dealer also updated the PCM - whatever that is.

Last edited:

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
There a TSB or SSM on the VCT’s; I had posted it quite a while ago, it’s a known issue (aside from IMRC failures).

As for the mice, drop a few of these around your garage - on either side of the main garage doors, and around (under) your car. Put small dabs of peanut butter on them. You’ll catch those rodents, then just pick up and discard.

https://www.tomcatbrand.com/en-us/products/mice/tomcat-super-hold-glue-traps-mouse-size

Lowe’s and Home Depot sells them…. Get bunch.

Also to note, mice can squeeze through crevices or holes that are much smaller than their body diameter, so they could be getting in from the smallest of locations.

MRI204

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sebastiano
Vehicle(s)
MY2006 roushcharged and MY2020 Bullitt L2061
But look what a coincidence !!!
Just this morning I was at the ford dealership to carry out the first service on my Bullitt, the one that is done at 15,000km or 1 year, and before leaving I did about 27 liters of refueling ... while I was going to the place which is 25km away. I noticed a small loss of power but I didn't give it any weight as the road surface was disconnected and I thought about a pothole.
when I arrived I handed over the car and 2 hours after they had finished the job, a technician arrived to warn me that the Bullitt was not starting ...
they unhooked the petrol pipe that reaches the engine to take a sample and they found some dirt telling me that this was the problem! they then started the car and returned it to me.

now before starting the bullitt runs idle for 3/4 seconds and then starts up regularly ... but then when I tried to do a lap I noticed that from 5000 rpm onwards it struggles to rise ...

can it be the fuel filter?

the manual states that the filter is integrated with the tank and does not require replacement / maintenance because it has been designed for long life ...

thank anyone who can give me some advice

Sebastiano from Italy

the photo shows the gasoline sample taken from the pipe ...
6D878DCB-98A6-45D9-845E-A5BA03BF1763.jpeg

TXAG96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21Bronco,'20Bullitt,'01Boxster,'87Tbird-Turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Cash in on the crazy market and buy a 987.2 Boxster S if you can find one.....

MRI204

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sebastiano
Vehicle(s)
MY2006 roushcharged and MY2020 Bullitt L2061
Update: I took the car to the workshop and after several attempts by exclusion they found the high pressure pump of the direct injection seized! in fact from the diagnosis according to the map of the machine the pressure inside the Rail had to be at 9590 KPa and instead the reading was only 400 KPa ... we checked the pressure pass pump inside the tank using a pressure gauge and developed 5/6 Bars in all phases so it's alright! now the fateful question is whether the injectors have been compromised and therefore that it is appropriate to change them in order not to risk that in a few thousand km they begin to give problems! we will also check the cam that is in contact with the pump because the problem is that having seized the pump plunger maybe it is ruined ...
Sponsored