Sponsored

I went to the dragstrip in Milan MI yesterday. Here are the results:

cib24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mazda RX-7 Type RS
Yup, when you have sticky tires you don't get any wheel hop. Also, he launched the car at 6,800 RPM...lol. That's one way to get her moving!

onebad58

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 mustang 1958 ford 2021 mach 1
Yup, when you have sticky tires you don't get any wheel hop. Also, he launched the car at 6,800 RPM...lol. That's one way to get her moving!
still no way. a set of tires wont make a bullitt go into the 11ns. and no hop .give me a break.

Sponsored

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
still no way. a set of tires wont make a bullitt go into the 11ns. and no hop .give me a break.
Let me just tag @Jtownsend6 since he owns it and you can internet trash talk to him directly.

revinto7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 shelby-gt 14 camaro SS 1LE
Let me just tag @Jtownsend6 since he owns it and you can internet trash talk to him directly.
Actually i got a 0-60 3.9 12.2 116 on stock tires on the street using my friends draggy to log it also i never experienced wheel hop in this car or my 18 A10 PP note the street we use has some prep to it and rubber from all the cars that roll through this area at night .leave at 4800 slip the clutch so slightly mat it and never lift and shift it at 6800-7000 .. i never thought this car was fast to begin with but i have been shocked by the times i got out of it and the cars of friends i have run that i have either beat or ran with side by side .

Jtownsend6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang bullitt
I ran 12.4 my first pass ever on drag radial, 6 days after getting car. With 1.9 60ft. Then I went back a month after once I learned the car. Did not use launch control because that doesn’t work... all advanced trac options off. I launched it at 6800 ish rpm and it cut a 1.711 60ft which is better than my buddies bolt on 10 speed GT with the same exact tire. And I ran [email protected] mph. The cars can do it, you just need a tire, and the ability to drive (I’m not professional by any means) and a non fear of breaking something.

took me about 4 passes total to get an 11.9. Since then I have raced many cammed ls cars and have not lost by much to 118-119 cars. I do personally beleive MY bullitt is NOT much slower than a completely stock loaded A10. As my buddies A10 completely stock ran 11.88 with a slightly better mph

Jtownsend6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang bullitt
My car has a blowfish shifter bracket, and someone removed active mufflers and put different mufflers on it. Otherwise my car is stock. I am going to do the cat deletes and e85 time and hope for a mid 11.

The temperature when I ran my 11.9 was only 69° but the DA was just shy of 2000 here in Missouri. A negative DA night may have netted me an 11.8 at a little higher mph. The cars aren’t THAT slow it’s all you non drivers that NEED an auto to go fast. Simple.

revinto7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My car has a blowfish shifter bracket, and someone removed active mufflers and put different mufflers on it. Otherwise my car is stock. I am going to do the cat deletes and e85 time and hope for a mid 11.

The temperature when I ran my 11.9 was only 69° but the DA was just shy of 2000 here in Missouri. A negative DA night may have netted me an 11.8 at a little higher mph. The cars aren’t THAT slow it’s all you non drivers that NEED an auto to go fast. Simple.
i love the active mufflers with a steeda Xpipe it sounds insane and i can quiet it down if i want ..yes i get good DA here .today its 30.41 bar and -2570 DA my car runs like it has nitrous 50 shot on it today

Sponsored

jcl78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium / PP1 / MT-82
Vehicle Showcase
I never really thought of the S550 as a drag racing muscle car, it really is more of an all around handler with good power, more Euro really than pure American muscle. Ford would have stuck with the solid rear and had more drag racing packages like Dodge provides if it was intended to be drag strip ready. I personally never plan to run my GT at the strip, but I am well aware of the IRS tendency to hop with no control kits, and the difficult launch, hence the wildly variant times that folks get at the strip.

The Bullitt is a fantastic machine with nice additions to the GT, along with better resale and collectability, but here again, not set up to be a monster at the track. However, as was stated earlier by Jtownsend6, with the right tire and launch, 11.9x is nothing to sneeze at.

Jtownsend6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang bullitt
I never really thought of the S550 as a drag racing muscle car, it really is more of an all around handler with good power, more Euro really than pure American muscle. Ford would have stuck with the solid rear and had more drag racing packages like Dodge provides if it was intended to be drag strip ready. I personally never plan to run my GT at the strip, but I am well aware of the IRS tendency to hop with no control kits, and the difficult launch, hence the wildly variant times that folks get at the strip.

The Bullitt is a fantastic machine with nice additions to the GT, along with better resale and collectability, but here again, not set up to be a monster at the track. However, as was stated earlier by Jtownsend6, with the right tire and launch, 11.9x is nothing to sneeze at.
not at all with a low to negative DA and a couple more try’s I think I could crack off an 11.7-11.8 but I just ordered N gauge with Lund flex tune so I will see what that will gain me and next season hope for maybe an 11.5 tune only.

revinto7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
not at all with a low to negative DA and a couple more try’s I think I could crack off an 11.7-11.8 but I just ordered N gauge with Lund flex tune so I will see what that will gain me and next season hope for maybe an 11.5 tune only.
please keep us informed about that tune i was considering the same thing for my car ,i was just wondering how the intake manifold and throttle body affect the tuning ,did you have to mention that to lund .I am sure this isnt as simple as off the shelf common mustang GT tune

Jtownsend6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang bullitt
please keep us informed about that tune i was considering the same thing for my car ,i was just wondering how the intake manifold and throttle body affect the tuning ,did you have to mention that to lund .I am sure this isnt as simple as off the shelf common mustang GT tune

Yes, Lund has me specify it was a Bullitt but assured me they have tuned the 19’ Bullitts already and have had no issues. I haven’t loaded tune yet cars been parked but I will do it soon and let you all know. Also might actually look into longtubes over the winter too. Because fuck a warranty right lol.

revinto7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, Lund has me specify it was a Bullitt but assured me they have tuned the 19’ Bullitts already and have had no issues. I haven’t loaded tune yet cars been parked but I will do it soon and let you all know. Also might actually look into longtubes over the winter too. Because fuck a warranty right lol.
agree once i made a decision to mod i never look back ...300 miles on my 14 1LE Camaro SS 801/646 at the wheels stock bottom ls3 ..is the price of long tubes worth 17 hp..just do catless xpipe unless your supercharging then the headers are worth it especially for heat scavaging
Sponsored