Sponsored

Key Fob Issues After Tune

sdwndr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT
I recently got a custom dyno tune and recently went in to the dealership to get the battery of my key fob replaced under warranty. They said that, because of the tune, they cannot reprogram the key. Is this true? I’ve never heard of any issue like that, but my 2006 Mustang didn’t have this newer style of key fob. And if it’s true, how is everyone handling key fob issues after a tune?
Sponsored

HTX.S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I recently got a custom dyno tune and recently went in to the dealership to get the battery of my key fob replaced under warranty. They said that, because of the tune, they cannot reprogram the key. Is this true? I’ve never heard of any issue like that, but my 2006 Mustang didn’t have this newer style of key fob. And if it’s true, how is everyone handling key fob issues after a tune?
Having the same problem, bought the car used and had a tune and I wanted to get a spare key since I was only given one. Trying to figure out how to program the key by myself, apparently you need two keys to be able to program a THIRD one but can’t use one to program a second. Hoping someone can help because I’ve been having trouble finding a solution

GilmourD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS - Ruby Red Metallic
Having the same problem, bought the car used and had a tune and I wanted to get a spare key since I was only given one. Trying to figure out how to program the key by myself, apparently you need two keys to be able to program a THIRD one but can’t use one to program a second. Hoping someone can help because I’ve been having trouble finding a solution
Bumping an ancient thread on this one, I know... Sorry, but I literally have the same exact issue.

Just got a '15 GT that has a CAI, exhaust, and a tune on it. I haven't actually called a dealer about this, yet, but I'm doing my research first.

Is it the dealer BSing in this situation or does a tune really mess with programming keyfobs?

Is FORScan the solution for those of us with this situation? I'm a PC tech, so it's something I should be able to handle, given the correct setup.
Sponsored