Key fob idea?

Showtimedavid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2017 Focus ST
Is it possible to program a 2017 GT350 key fob to a 2019+? I like the slimmer design of the 2017 fob. HATE the 2019 design. It resembles like my wife’s fusion key fob.
Sponsored

Ramairetransam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 s550
havent seen anything , i also hate how large the keyfob is , id love a much slimmer keyfob .

2JZFAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 AG GT350
Is it possible to program a 2017 GT350 key fob to a 2019+? I like the slimmer design of the 2017 fob. HATE the 2019 design. It resembles like my wife’s fusion key fob.
Yes. I actually went the other way with mine :D Just make sure the FCC ID match on all the fobs and you'll be good to go.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
program your own. steps are in the manual

2JZFAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 AG GT350
I appreciate it. Did your local ford dealer program the key? Or who did
I had a key service program the fobs and cut two key blanks. The dealership arranged the service for me, you can try asking the used manager or a service writer when searching for a local vendor. Often times they do business with these vendors weekly and they'll be happy to refer some work to them. In my case, the manager gave the service department the okay. Service made me an appointment for the next scheduled vendor visit and he sorted me out.

A dealership quote to program/re-program two fobs would run near or exceed the cost of buying/owning a programming device. I would specifically recommend a key replacement vendor if at all possible before relying on the dealership or a general locksmith.

You can program additional keys on your own but it requires two original fobs to do so.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Showtimedavid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2017 Focus ST
I had a key service program the fobs and cut two key blanks. The dealership arranged the service for me, you can try asking the used manager or a service writer when searching for a local vendor. Often times they do business with these vendors weekly and they'll be happy to refer some work to them. In my case, the manager gave the service department the okay. Service made me an appointment for the next scheduled vendor visit and he sorted me out.

A dealership quote to program/re-program two fobs would run near or exceed the cost of buying/owning a programming device. I would specifically recommend a key replacement vendor if at all possible before relying on the dealership or a general locksmith.

You can program additional keys on your own but it requires two original fobs to do so.
I really appreciate it. Glad to know I have have a 2019+ 350 with a 2017 slim style key fob lol

GTthree50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Grey 2017 GT350
I have not seen 2019+ fob, can anyone put up a photo? I’ve always felt that my fob (2017) was much too chunky and wanted something slimmer.

2JZFAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 AG GT350
I have not seen 2019+ fob, can anyone put up a photo? I’ve always felt that my fob (2017) was much too chunky and wanted something slimmer.
Newer fob is wider but slimmer, older fob is taller but much narrower. They're both the standard fob of their time with different backs and darker tinted trims. The gloss black on the newer ones get scratched up but the metal trim on the older ones can get stuck on strings and break off.

1709565800848.png
1709565825391.png
Sponsored