Sponsored

Key battery low message won't go away

USPSALIMITED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G6 GT PP Guard
2015 GT. Key battery apparently got low & I got the "key battery low error message". Replaced batteries twice on that key as well as have tried the other key, message still comes back whenever I stop or start the car.

Anyone know how to kill the error message? Have not yet disconnected main car battery, to see if that is what it takes.
Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
I replaced the batteries in my FOB and the low FOB battery message disappeared without doing anything special. Are you sure the new batteries are fresh and not really old?

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guess you could try disconnecting the main battery for a bit, reconnect it and see if that helps.

RedEcoJet

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jerryallgire.com
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
Race Red Ecoboost - Pre-Production #280 Product Planning & Styling Vehicle
Vehicle Showcase
I got the low battery message just a few days ago. New batteries fixed it. However, it would have been nice to know what size batteries I needed before tearing the fob apart. Message could have said "Key fob low battery, 2 each CR2025". I was at Walmart when I got the message. Drive home, tear apart fob, drive back to Walmart to get batteries. Geez...

JerryA

Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got the low battery message just a few days ago. New batteries fixed it. However, it would have been nice to know what size batteries I needed before tearing the fob apart. Message could have said "Key fob low battery, 2 each CR2025". I was at Walmart when I got the message. Drive home, tear apart fob, drive back to Walmart to get batteries. Geez...

JerryA
The battery type/size is shown in the owner's manual ... that book with the dust on it. :wink:

RedEcoJet

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jerryallgire.com
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
Race Red Ecoboost - Pre-Production #280 Product Planning & Styling Vehicle
Vehicle Showcase
The battery type/size is shown in the owner's manual ... that book with the dust on it. :wink:
Thanks, but the book seems like such a waste, when Ford could have put the info where it is actually useful. Even software programs have a Help menu. With a screen as big as I have in my Premium, why is there a book? :)

JerryA

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks, but the book seems like such a waste, when Ford could have put the info where it is actually useful. Even software programs have a Help menu. With a screen as big as I have in my Premium, why is there a book? :)

JerryA
Go to Ford's website and you can download the OM in PDF form which can be word searched. Makes it easier and faster to find info. The OM is the first place to look for info on the car.
Sponsored