Key FOB battery dead already?

TruBlue16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Mustang GT w/PP
I've only had my car for about 3 1/2 months now and a couple days ago I started getting a message about the key fob battery is low and to replace it. I thought that would be impossible because the car is so new but today went to start the car and it said it didn't detect any key present. I had to go get my backup key and it fired right up. Anyone else have this happen? BTW is it a huge pain to change out the batteries in the FOB.
Sponsored

FordTechOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cobra
I've only had my car for about 3 1/2 months now and a couple days ago I started getting a message about the key fob battery is low and to replace it. I thought that would be impossible because the car is so new but today went to start the car and it said it didn't detect any key present. I had to go get my backup key and it fired right up. Anyone else have this happen? BTW is it a huge pain to change out the batteries in the FOB.
Batteries shouldn't die that quickly; might just be a defective battery or fob. Does it work properly with the other key fob?

OP
OP
TruBlue16

TruBlue16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Mustang GT w/PP
Yeah I'm hoping it was just bad batteries. The other fob works great and first one works fine with new batteries. Guess I'll find out in a few months if it's a fob issue.

3ZERO3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dante
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Bought my car brand new February 5th, The car told me low key Batteries April 7th, We'll see if it happens again.
Sponsored