Sponsored

KENNE BELL VS ON3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt premium 6 speed
I'm in the market to purchase a form of forced induction that leaves me with room to expand to 900 whp+. The two best options that i have found for under $7500 are the 3.2L kenne bell full kit and the ON3 twin turbo kit. I understand that the turbo kit would be harder to install, but which would be a better option? At 10 PSI each, which would make more power?

Also, i realize that getting to around 1000hp requires a built motor, transmission, etc. But im looking to leave it at around 650 whp now.
Sponsored

cobra199711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 A10 GT
^^^I would wait for the Boost Works single turbo coming soon.. You can get that for right at 5k...

OP
OP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I won't be purchasing until march or april so do you think the single turbo kit would be out by then?

16MustangVet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang 5.0
paxton/vortech bang for buck.

are you chasing dyno numbers or track times?

Also KB setup and ON3 are vastly different imo i dont know how those 2 options out of all the FI options for these cars are remotely comparable.

OP
OP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're not really comparable besides the HP potential of each of them.

Sponsored

RockStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Whippled
The Boost Works kit will be 5k of you already have a fuel system which it sounds like the OP does not. In reality it will be thousands more for those that don't already have a tuning device, forced induction tune, injectors, BAP at a minimum etc. A Paxton is still the cheapest way to get into forced induction but since we aren't talking about that I think the OPs expectation of cost is right about on point when you figure in vendor discounts. That all being said, IF I was going turbo I would probably go Boost Works turbo kit based on their reputation on this site. Knowing what I know now, and having a Whipple and a previous Procharged car, I would go turbo easy. Hindsight is great right :). OP I would look at other turbo kit and talk to ALL the vendors on here and see who will give you the best price on what you want. Pay little attention to the prices on their sites. Those are for suckers with big money that just like to click buy or for estimates.

Good luck with your choice.

Pincushin3819

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Paxton GT
LPF twin turbo is a good bang for the buck also, probably the cheapest brand name of proven turbo parts. It's just like the ON3 or the Boost Works which is also a very nice kit. But like mentioned above the Beefcake Special Paxton is hard to beat for the money, it's the route I went with on my GT after months of looking around & asking questions. There all capable of 9 seconds which was all I wanted.

cobra199711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 A10 GT
Boost works

I won't be purchasing until march or april so do you think the single turbo kit would be out by then?
I think sometime in Feb, so you're good... Beside they can set you up with everything needed and Travis is on these boards often.

16MustangVet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang 5.0
LPF twin turbo is a good bang for the buck also, probably the cheapest brand name of proven turbo parts. It's just like the ON3 or the Boost Works which is also a very nice kit. But like mentioned above the Beefcake Special Paxton is hard to beat for the money, it's the route I went with on my GT after months of looking around & asking questions. There all capable of 9 seconds which was all I wanted.
This beefcake special put the rest of the money into driveline suspension and tires or fuel upgrades and run e85 if you can.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I found the LPF kit about 30 minutes after posting this, and it looks like I can pick it up for $7,300 plus the tune. It's a little over budget but it looks to be a good kit. Oil pump gears and timing chain are coming soon after, so hoping nothing will blow up for a while. (Still full time college student)

OP
OP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does it come with fuel injectors?

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Our paxton kit is def the best bang for the buck for the $$.

if your looking inexpensive options, the on3 kit isn't a bad kit for the $$. We have had pretty good luck with them.

We also have some great custom packages available with the procharger, whipple, vmp, and hellion as well. feel free to give me a ring and bend our ear on your combo, driving style, etc.

OP
OP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Okay awesome, I was looking at the EDP stage 1 turbo on your site, but it didn't have fuel injectors and I would also have to get a tune but it's still an option that's pretty high on my list
Sponsored