KB 3.2L :)

Travis@boostworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boostworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
About 20 degrees over ambient is the norm while cruising, as the TB is barely open and most of the air is recirculating through the supercharger by way of the bypass valve. As soon as you roll on the throttle, it backs down close to ambient. On a hot day, it might be 5-10 degrees warmer, depending on heat soak. But, that's negligible. Timing isn't pulled until 145 degrees or so.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Obsol3te

Obsol3te

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
About 20 degrees over ambient is the norm while cruising, as the TB is barely open and most of the air is recirculating through the supercharger by way of the bypass valve. As soon as you roll on the throttle, it backs down close to ambient. On a hot day, it might be 5-10 degrees warmer, depending on heat soak. But, that's negligible. Timing isn't pulled until 145 degrees or so.
Travis, im only seeing temps that high sitting in heavy traffic.
Once im cruising(out of boost) im barely above ambient.
I never remember to look when im at WOT to see how far the temps dip down. But again, 20 over ambient is all im seeing at a dead stop.

jefc73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff GTFO_0019
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Travis, im only seeing temps that high sitting in heavy traffic.
Once im cruising(out of boost) im barely above ambient.
I never remember to look when im at WOT to see how far the temps dip down. But again, 20 over ambient is all im seeing at a dead stop.
You never remember to look when at WOT because your hanging on for dear life! LOL :lol::thumbsup:

OP
OP
Obsol3te

Obsol3te

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP

Quick video of a 60-120 rip at the top of third. I shifted early and was a little easy between the gears. I just got back from a month long army training and thought I'd open her up a little ;)
It's stupid humid out right now at a little over 80° I tried a 2nd to 5th rip, bit i I was sideways the entire time. I actually hooked in third for once!

Sponsored

SumBeach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Cruze
McLeod RXT clutch with flywheel and ss braided line.
FRPP or DSS 1400hp half shafts
Sticky tires ;) some Mickey Thompson et streets(bias ply)

Edit:
I also forgot to mention I have the decel pop and crackles again. I've missed that on my old Fox body. It was not apparent before the blower
plan on adding the billet oil pump gear set and timing chain as well?

loved the thread and cant wait to read more. Cant wait til i have an S550 to build. Right now im currently thinking PD blower, as i have had several turbo cars already. And i have always wanted a KB Mustang!!

OP
OP
Obsol3te

Obsol3te

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP

loved the thread and cant wait to read more. Cant wait til i have an S550 to build. Right now im currently thinking PD blower, as i have had several turbo cars already. And i have always wanted a KB Mustang!!
Much later down the road. With what im doing now with the car, I shouldn't have any issues. It might even come when I decide to open the engine up or build an engine for this blower to start singing more.
For right now, the car is still being daily driven in the hot NC humidity and she does just fine. No track times yet, it would be pointless without decent tires. The wife's got about a month or so to go before she pops with the new baby, and we're in the middle of buying a house as well.
Lots going on, and I'll get back to the car someday. She sure is fun though :)

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple

Great choice.
I should have some track reviews of the 3.2 in a few weeks.
Replaced my on3 TT with a 3.2/8 rib set up while building a
motor for my manual car.Motor has sleeve supports(yes,I know should have sleeved it but too late now) Manley rods,pistons/OPG/crank gear.
Since I am using the 10 rib ATI balancer to overdrive ,KB is trying to see if they can hook me with a 10 rib pulley/alternator brace .
It is going to be tuned by Lund/e85/ID 1000's for now but may need step up to the ID 1300's if I go smaller than a 3.5 pulley with the 20% OD.
That should make 17 psi with the 15 GT heads per KB and I suspect less on my motor which will have GT 350 heads .
Not sure how much power yet but I expect at least 850-900 and 145 traps .

Going to try for high 9's if the MT 82 corporates with the help of MGW/RXT clutch and slicks .
Hopefully the Ford racing axles hold up .

OP
OP
Obsol3te

Obsol3te

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
Great choice.
I should have some track reviews of the 3.2 in a few weeks.
Replaced my on3 TT with a 3.2/8 rib set up while building a
motor for my manual car.Motor has sleeve supports(yes,I know should have sleeved it but too late now) Manley rods,pistons/OPG/crank gear.
Since I am using the 10 rib ATI balancer to overdrive ,KB is trying to see if they can hook me with a 10 rib pulley/alternator brace .
It is going to be tuned by Lund/e85/ID 1000's for now but may need step up to the ID 1300's if I go smaller than a 3.5 pulley with the 20% OD.
That should make 17 psi with the 15 GT heads per KB and I suspect less on my motor which will have GT 350 heads .
Not sure how much power yet but I expect at least 850-900 and 145 traps .

Going to try for high 9's if the MT 82 corporates with the help of MGW/RXT clutch and slicks .
Hopefully the Ford racing axles hold up .
Fuck yes man, please keep me posted with the results. It's too bad you didn't sleeve, curious as to why not.
And post some in-car vids with the windows up. I want to hear that KB Sing!
17lbs should get the job done!

Sponsored

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Is the hole necessary? I'll obviously take your word for it. I'll cut what they want, but if it's really not going to drop its then what's the point
Hey man
Trying to revive this thread to see how you ran the PCV lines.lo
What hole?
may be that is why you have such low IAT's.

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

rio16

MAD_50HH
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rio
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Whippled Competition Orange

Quick video of a 60-120 rip at the top of third. I shifted early and was a little easy between the gears. I just got back from a month long army training and thought I'd open her up a little ;)
It's stupid humid out right now at a little over 80° I tried a 2nd to 5th rip, bit i I was sideways the entire time. I actually hooked in third for once!
Hows the Mantic so far. Car goessssss :cheers:
Sponsored