"Just when I thought I was out, they pulled me back in"

wynand32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT California Special
I just wanted to thank everyone on this forum. I thought that when I bought my Mustang, I'd be happy with it stock and wouldn't have any desire to mod it. I'd keep it clean and well-maintained, but that would be it. I even promised that to my wife.

But no. Now I want to upgrade the brakes (or at least add some covers, because that red would sure match nicely with the California Special badging). There's even a part of me that's intrigued by the idea of adding a supercharger, as if 450 horsepower isn't enough and I actually need 750. Of course, now I'm listening to my B&O stereo and wondering if maybe I really should snip that green wire to kill the center speaker and improve the sound (which I thought was pretty good as-is).

So, I'm holding all of you personally accountable for the money that I'll probably end up spending. And you'll have to answer to my wife.
Sponsored

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016
There is never enough hp!

Rhyanski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 #M5810, 2018 Mazda CX-5 Ultimate
Same here. My wife didn't have a clue until she saw the new wheels and tires invoice... Just try to resist. I keep saying to myself not to touch it, as warranty matters... Lol.

Ok, just kill the center if you like it that much....

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Like the Eagles said man, you can check out, but you can never leave

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
I just wanted to thank everyone on this forum. I thought that when I bought my Mustang, I'd be happy with it stock and wouldn't have any desire to mod it. I'd keep it clean and well-maintained, but that would be it. I even promised that to my wife.

But no. Now I want to upgrade the brakes (or at least add some covers, because that red would sure match nicely with the California Special badging). There's even a part of me that's intrigued by the idea of adding a supercharger, as if 450 horsepower isn't enough and I actually need 750. Of course, now I'm listening to my B&O stereo and wondering if maybe I really should snip that green wire to kill the center speaker and improve the sound (which I thought was pretty good as-is).

So, I'm holding all of you personally accountable for the money that I'll probably end up spending. And you'll have to answer to my wife.
I’ll say this. It does seem that a disproportionate amount of people who supercharge their cars usually end up either one or two or both.
1- With some kind of issue usually involving tuning.
2- Selling their car.
Don’t know why that is, but it seems that way.

Last edited:

Sponsored

HadoDemi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500
I’ll say this. It does seem that a disproportionate amount of people who supercharge their cars usually end up either one or two or both.
2- Selling their car.
I noticed that.
I really wonder why, I mean I can see a person here and there having a tune hiccup or not putting money into supporting mods and breaking stuff. But there’s a LOT of sc mustangs out there for sale that look like really clean builds..

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I noticed that.
I really wonder why, I mean I can see a person here and there having a tune hiccup or not putting money into supporting mods and breaking stuff. But there’s a LOT of sc mustangs out there for sale that look like really clean builds..
No idea…glad I’m not the only one who noticed though. Your GT500 is gorgeous.….btw :like:

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
2- Selling their car.
Yup that`s what happen with a camaro I use to own years ago. The problem is that until you do it you will never understand the positive and negatives. Never had any tuning problems but did have a valvetrain failure that scared me lol. Got to the point where I couldn`t enjoy the car anymore.

Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yup that`s what happen with a camaro I use to own years ago. The problem is that until you do it you will never understand the positive and negatives. Never had any tuning problems but did have a valvetrain failure that scared me lol. Got to the point where I couldn`t enjoy the car anymore.
Thanks for that. What was the turnoff for you?

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I really wonder why, I mean I can see a person here and there having a tune hiccup or not putting money into supporting mods and breaking stuff. But there’s a LOT of sc mustangs out there for sale that look like really clean builds
I'd say it's due to people finding out just how hard it is to drive a 750 HP car on the street. They realize they do not have the skills necessary and instead of returning to stock just sell car.

HadoDemi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500
I'd say it's due to people finding out just how hard it is to drive a 750 HP car on the street. They realize they do not have the skills necessary and instead of returning to stock just sell car.
Totally high jacked this poor guys thread..
That makes sense, that and possibly combined with traction control that isn’t set up for that power and skinny tires.
I have driven hellcats and gt500’s but they are set up for the power and very drivable. Hell, even my wife can drive the Shelby without me wanting to up her life insurance.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Totally high jacked this poor guys thread..
That makes sense, that and possibly combined with traction control that isn’t set up for that power and skinny tires.
I have driven hellcats and gt500’s but they are set up for the power and very drivable. Hell, even my wife can drive the Shelby without me wanting to up her life insurance.
I totally see that. I think it’s very relevant to the ops post….I don’t want the op to end up spending money and being unhappy with the result. In the end, I believe these are engineered packages (GT500/Hellcat) vs. modifications.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I have to warn you not to go to the Infotainment Threads and see that slippery slope that many of us have gone down. :) You don't have to snip the green wire...the center speaker is easy to get to and you can unplug it there.....at least it can easily be undone if for some reason you prefer the center later.

Sponsored