Just got some good news

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
My daughter graduated from Cleveland State with a degree in chemical engineering last year right smack in the middle of the pandemic. Anyway she has been looking for a job ever since and she has been living with her boyfriend in Manassas VA. He's a mechanical engineer at micron and she just got an offer to work in quality control for Axalta paints over in Front Royal VA. They offered her 70K to start, not bad for a 23 year old fresh out of college. Anyway I'm happy for her and just wanted to share.
Sponsored

Pkvir

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium-PP1
Congrats to her, I bet you're proud.

OP
OP
I Bleed Ford Blue

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Yes I am. I kind of pushed her toward engineering, told her she would could walk out of college right into a 60K + job, whereas if she took underwater basket weaving or some other bullshit degree, she would be stuck flipping burgers and that won't pay the mortgage.

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
Very happy to hear that another young person has made solid choices and is now reaping the benefits of same. Our eldest recently passed her CPA exams and we couldn't have been happier.

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
My daughter graduated from Cleveland State with a degree in chemical engineering last year right smack in the middle of the pandemic. Anyway she has been looking for a job ever since and she has been living with her boyfriend in Manassas VA. He's a mechanical engineer at micron and she just got an offer to work in quality control for Axalta paints over in Front Royal VA. They offered her 70K to start, not bad for a 23 year old fresh out of college. Anyway I'm happy for her and just wanted to share.
Congrats bud, it sounds like she is on here was to a very successful career!

Sponsored

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Yes I am. I kind of pushed her toward engineering, told her she would could walk out of college right into a 60K + job, whereas if she took underwater basket weaving or some other bullshit degree, she would be stuck flipping burgers and that won't pay the mortgage.
Hey, i happen to be very good at underwater basket weaving thank you very much!!!!

LOL

OP
OP
I Bleed Ford Blue

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
My wife asked me how come they can afford to offer her 70K to start, since they just make paint? I told her that Axalta makes automotive paint and good quality auto paint can be in excess of $100 a gallon. We're not talking about $30 house paint from home depot.

OP
OP
I Bleed Ford Blue

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Hey, i happen to be very good at underwater basket weaving thank you very much!!!!

LOL
You may be, but I bet doesn't pay the mortgage very well

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
My wife asked me how come they can afford to offer her 70K to start, since they just make paint? I told her that Axalta makes automotive paint and good quality auto paint can be in excess of $100 a gallon. We're not talking about $30 house paint from home depot.
Had a 2006 Altima SER back then, paint was called Code Red. $500/quart....

coz0502

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I bet you're happy to get her off your payroll. More money for mods :cool: . Kidding aside, congratulations that's a great accomplishment. Sounds like you raise a great kid!

Sponsored
OP
OP
I Bleed Ford Blue

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I just looked as I was curious, even the cheap summit brand automotive paint is $84 a gallon. Remember the mystic color scheme on the 96 cobra? That was a $1500 option back in 96 just to get that color

OP
OP
I Bleed Ford Blue

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I bet you're happy to get her off your payroll. More money for mods :cool: . Kidding aside, congratulations that's a great accomplishment. Sounds like you raise a great kid!
She's not off the payroll yet, she hasn't officially started yet. Until then I'm still paying her car payment, insurance and cell phone bill. One out of three ain't bad, her older sister is 31 and has 3 kids of her own and waits tables. Oh well, you can't win them all.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Congrats!

So can her and her boyfriend finally settle the "what oil is best?" and "when should I do my first oil change?" threads? Kidding of course.

OP
OP
I Bleed Ford Blue

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
He works for micron A.K.A. crucial, they make memory chips and SSD drives for computers, so he's not privy to that info. He's more into camping, 4 wheeling, kayaking, etc. As soon as he got his first paycheck from micron he went out and bought a new jeep gladiator rubicon and immediately lifted it and put on 35" tires and a 10K pound winch

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
One out of three ain't bad, her older sister is 31 and has 3 kids of her own and waits tables. Oh well, you can't win them all
I suppose as long as everyone is happy with their life. We had twins after the above mentioned daughter. One of each. Our son is special needs (developmentally delayed). Figured that I would only send two to post-secondary. I was right. Our son got into a two year program at the local college for special needs kids. His sister crashed and burned in grade 12, eventually did a couple of credits part time to finish, went to Sault Ste. Marie with the then boyfriend (now long gone) and came back pregnant with our grandson, who will be 2 next month. Just finally started working again at a Shoppers Drug Mart.
Sponsored