Sponsored

Just got rear ended... and she doesn't want to go through insurance?

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
She doesn't want you to claim it through insurance because either she's had too many claims already, and her rates are too high; or she has no insurance. Additionally, if she say's she'll pay for it, you'll never hear from her again. Call your insurance ASAP!
^^This.
Sponsored

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Insurance.

If she is emergency braking and screeching tires for a car stopped at a light, she is definitely not paying attention. And if she rear-ended a stopped car at 45 mph, it would be ugly.

Her long story is probably another at fault accident.

Next time call the police and have them assess the situation and write a citation. They are likely to write her a ticket for following too closely, texting while driving, etc.

You might consider investing in a rear facing dash cam as well.

NorthshoreGt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Go through insurance you are looking at about 2500-3000 in work
You'll never see a cent from her,you owe her nothing,sounds sketchy.
I just call the police if in an accident,let them write the reports ect.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
As someone else mentioned, the other consideration is the diminished value of your car. When you go to sell it or trade it in, they will take a lot off because it was in an accident. My daughter had this happen, her car wasn't in the accident, one of the car's wheels came off and hit her car which was parked. It just left a little scratch. The other person's insurance paid to have the scratch fixed but she ended up losing a lot more money than the damage when she traded in her car.

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
F-her

Call your insurance Co ASAP and get a Police report to also document the accident.

You know why she doesn't want to go through insurance? Look at that pic you took of her vehicle - look at how many colors are smeared all over her front end and the damages... Seems like she's been bouncing off of other vehicles before she touched yours.

Probably has either NO insurance and is still driving around, or she has had multiple accidents *cough*more than likley*cough*, and will either be dropped from her insurance Co, or she has other pending (or too many) moving violations in the State she's licensed, which could be detrimental to her driving record.

REPORT IT.

daltron

Rowing All Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
She isn't paying 7K out of pocket plus your rental. Call your/her insurance now.

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
Agreed with everyone in this thread, that you need to report it to your insurance company and her insurance company, as well as get a police report. I was rear-ended by a kid in my S197, and the kid's dad didn't want to go through insurance. As he owned a local business, I knew how to get in touch with him and physically find him, but I still had a police report, called my insurance company, and called their company. He ended up doing right by me, but a 25 MPH rear end accident, ended up costing over $3k, plus ten days of a rental car, plus a new car seat for my son. Most people are NOT going to come out of pocket for that amount.

JR

Sponsored

MSMStannyl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium - Triple Yellow
That is going to cost big bucks! I had a very similar incident last year. Was stopped at a light, waiting to make a right on red. I let of the brake (my car is a manual) to get ready to turn but there was still a car coming so I didn't move and lady behind me wasn't paying attention and drifted into my car with her Volvo suv.

Visibly, there was much less damage than what I'm seeing in your pictures. We did end up going through insurance. Coincidentally, we both had the same insurance company. The initial estimate was about $1500. However, once the repair was underway, more things kept popping up.

Ultimately, the car repair ended up being just over $10k in damages. That does not include the rental car I needed for the month the car was in the shop. Nor does it include the ~$7,000 DV settlement after the fact.

Long story short, text the girl that hit you and ask her if she's got about $20k saved up. No? Then we're going through insurance...

MikeyV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT Premium - Brembo - Race Red
Some pilled up old lady rammed me at about 10 mph. Tore up the bumper cover, spared the rear quarter panels completely. Spared the trunk lid.

Did push the trunk floor in , but about 1/2" .. Trunk still opened and closed fine... pretty minor, considering.

Fixed it up good as new. Pulled the metal out, sprayed a new Ford-made bumper, about $4000 at reputable shop.

Folks are probably right. She probably think they can spray it for 'bot tree-fiddy.
Once she hears four grand, she'll be a bit more difficult.

Good luck! Sorry about your car. I was so mad, I know that feel.

zxd9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Vehicle Showcase
Not everyone will run away and not pay. My wife was rear ended and the girl had no insurance. We worked with her and she paid up. She didn't have much money and we could tell it definately was difficult for her to pay the costs but she did. Not everyone is a jerk. Sometimes you have to give them a fair chance.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
No cops showed up or there is no police report?

You need to go get a police report immediately. And that woman could have given you fake information - that's why I insist on waiting for a police officer.
Sponsored