Sponsored

Just got rear ended... and she doesn't want to go through insurance?

ghost5.0

ghost5.0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium in Oxford White
As the title suggests, my 2015 GT premium was just rear-ended by a college girl driving a BMW. I was stopped at a red light and heard screeching tires as she hit me from behind decelerating from 45 mph.

She insisted on paying out of pocket for the damage. I got her phone number, insurance info, and took pictures but no cops showed up. Also, does anyone know any good repair shops in Orlando? Should I take it to the dealership to have it fixed? What would you do in this scenario?

Also, how much do you think this will be to repair? Looks like it will be a full rear bumper replacement, which I would think to be costly to pay out of pocket... Any input would be appreciated thanks.
Sponsored

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT, 18 JLUR, 15 JK
It won't be cheap, looks like your trunk is slightly out of alignment and pushed up a little. That means pulling and that is not cheap. I hope she has a few grand handy. New cover, paint, replacing bent parts etc.. that's going to add up quick.

Did you take pics showing she hit you? Like with the cars still touching? If not she can deny your claim and then you are in for a fight. Not a time to be nice, I would have gotten a cop there to site her.

Sucks man, good luck!

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
Quality repairs aren't cheap.

My advice, claim it through insurance. I wouldn't trust a stranger to dig in their pockets and pay for a repair.

OP
OP
ghost5.0

ghost5.0

ghost5.0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium in Oxford White
I was able to snap one photo of her car close to mine after the accident. She has been texting me saying "it's a long story but I don't want to go through insurance." It does seem fishy... Where should I go for a quality repair? Any recommendations? I guess I will get a quote and go from there.
IMG_5141.JPG

Sponsored

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
F her and go through insurance. She could just disappear and leave you on the hook for the bill.

It doesnt look bad at all, may just be a read bumper cover if nothing under is damaged. I see no damage to the taillights, read quarters or anything else

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Doesn't seem like a bad accident but hard to say without someone looking at it.
One way to do is bring the car to a body shop for assessment. Tell her be prepared to go over assessment.

melwff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2486
By all means report the accident to your insurance company immediately, you have to cover yourself because anything can happen.

Tobey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Vert
Had a similar incident in my 2011 Mustang last summer. It was about $3000. Primarily because the trunk panel below the lights was bent up.

1. File the info with your insurance company just to document it. They should have an option to submit the information but not create a claim... yet. This way, if she flakes out, your company can go after her company.

2. Once you get a $3000+ estimate, she's going to flake out on you. Then you'll be glad you did #1.

Thundersteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS Convertible
She doesn't want you to claim it through insurance because either she's had too many claims already, and her rates are too high; or she has no insurance. Additionally, if she say's she'll pay for it, you'll never hear from her again. Call your insurance ASAP!

Sponsored

Weather Man

Persistance is a Bitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 I4 T Prem Auto
Her problems are not your problems. If you needed a supplemental repair down the road you would be out of luck.

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
You're going to get an estimate, it will be more than you or HER think, and she's going to all of the sudden become uncooperative. Good luck.

8borerifle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP Mustang
Good advice given you! I am a retired owner of a Nationwide Insurance agency. Will she pay for a rental? How about decreased value of your car due to an accident? Turn it into your insurance company as soon as possible. Pay your deductible and have them go after her. Find the best body shop in your area, normally dealer body shops SUCK, they will not spend the money to get good equipment. Make sure NEW FACTORY parts are used! Look at your car, make a mental estimate then double it, should be close! Most repairs have additional damage when taken apart. Good luck!

Fenix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Shadow Black
That looks expensive and she is already flaky trying to go around insurance, definitely get this documented with your insurance.

Are your tail lights tinted with vinyl film?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
You reserve the right to go through insurance, and it's probably in your best interest to do so. That's not likely a cheap repair
Sponsored