Sponsored

Just for the record.......

5.0GT

Threads
Reaction score
See Boys and Girls... this is why smoking crack is a bad thing...
LOL....no buyer's remorse here, I'm not fond of that rear or side profile, but I do love the interior better than my 13'! The front is good looking.
Sponsored

UOP Shadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 GT, 50 LE Kona blue
Agree. Once people have come to terms with change, everyone will love the design and stop blindly hating on it.
I don't like when people spout this crap.

First of all, EVERYONE is not "blindly hating on it." There might be some; but I, and I think many others, base our dislike of this latest model based on our personal preferences.

I will never love this design, ever. I don't like the rear of the car. There are a number of things I do like; the front end, the IRS, the 4 cyl engine option & the stance. But my dislike of this model is not just to "blindly hate on it."

DHG1078

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Mustang Bullitt, 1985 Mustang Hatch
I don't like when people spout this crap.

First of all, EVERYONE is not "blindly hating on it." There might be some; but I, and I think many others, base our dislike of this latest model based on our personal preferences.

I will never love this design, ever. I don't like the rear of the car. There are a number of things I do like; the front end, the IRS, the 4 cyl engine option & the stance. But my dislike of this model is not just to "blindly hate on it."
sorry, I guess i should have worded it differently. I obviously can't say everyone. But go outside of a mustang forum and its pretty blind. People are coming up with the most absurd crap for the mustang. Everyone on the automotive forums should be well versed for the most part. It was the average joe who isn't on forums for cars I was speaking about.

If people simply don't like how it looks thats fine with me. Its just some of the comments out there are unfounded.

JohnZiraldo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 Mustang GT Conv., 11 Edge Sport
... Once people have come to terms with change, everyone will love the design and stop blindly hating on it.
Looks like that mission is pretty much on the way to being accomplished.
93% Positive Poll response on Mustang 6G. Only 6.6% Negative
57% Positive and 30% On the Fence on SVTP. Only 12.6% Negative
68% Positive on Camaro5. Only 31.3% Negative

Josh Painter

Threads
Reaction score
Website
the-12th-fan.com
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford Fusion SEL
Truth be told, the greater degree of influence I see in this car is late 60s Mustang GT. And I consider that a good thing. Sure, it has a bit of Aston Martin in it too, and that's also a good thing. Win-Win.

Sponsored

HanShadow

Threads
Reaction score
Truth be told, the greater degree of influence I see in this car is late 60s Mustang GT. And I consider that a good thing. Sure, it has a bit of Aston Martin in it too, and that's also a good thing. Win-Win.
I described it to my wife as the love child of an awesome one night stand 3 way with a Mustang fastback, a 911, and a BMW 335. I think it's awesome.

"Car nerd." was the response. :thumbsup:

Whiskey11

Kill ALL the Cones!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red Base GT/PP
sorry, I guess i should have worded it differently. I obviously can't say everyone. But go outside of a mustang forum and its pretty blind. People are coming up with the most absurd crap for the mustang. Everyone on the automotive forums should be well versed for the most part. It was the average joe who isn't on forums for cars I was speaking about.

If people simply don't like how it looks thats fine with me. Its just some of the comments out there are unfounded.
They lost the ability to bitch and complain about the car having a live axle so they are searching for one other reason to justify to themselves why they "hate" the car for fear of being turned into another "fan" of the car. Justify it to themselves all they want, it doesn't matter to me.

aspensilver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2006 MBenz SLK55 AMG - '97 BMW 540I - 2010 Audi S4
They're definitely different cars, but they both share some of the same new Ford design language. Mainly I'm talking about the sculpted hood lines and the sharply slanted lights with single circle light. It's really just from front angles though, not from the side or back at all.

I think you can see it more in these pics especially in the SE+ models w/ foglights

(my cars)

Anyway, this Mustang has elements from the fusion I like. It's not quite as bad as the euro "same sausage different length" but I do see similarities. When my Fusion lease is up in 2015 I will strongly consider the GT. Ford is doing a great job these days!

Sponsored

ChuckC

Threads
Reaction score
... A portion will be noncommittal fence sitters, until they see it in person and start to hear of performance figures....it'll grow on them. Most will immediately see it as a Mustang, take it to heart right away and really, really like it....as I do...
Count me in the noncommittal group. I didn't much like the S197 until the 2011 performance figures rolled in. For now I think the S550 is meh, but I can't wait to see the upgraded GT hp figures and to drive one and see how it handles.

Perhaps I'll get an SE in late '15 or early '16.

Dirk McGurck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Nissan 370Z Touring with Sport
I still don't see a lot of similarity with even the headlights.