Just came back after 5 years, need help

Gdyup50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
Hi guys, just picked up a 2016 GT and it has the reverse parking aid. I have gone into driver aids and unchecked the box for it, but it still comes on every time and I have to click it off. Is there something other than unchecking it in driver settings that I'm supposed to do to get it to stay off?
Thanks for any help
Sponsored

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
It's on all the time to stop you from crashing into something. Not sure why you'd want to disable it.

jcttraveler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Convertible 2019
I only care about turning it off when I'm using my hitch-mounted bike rack. Loaded or empty, the warning buzzer will blast when I put it in reverse when I have the bike rack. I've only been able to turn it off for each "driving session." Like some of the other settings, it seems to reset each time I turn off the motor.

OP
OP
Gdyup50

Gdyup50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
It's on all the time to stop you from crashing into something. Not sure why you'd want to disable it.
Because I have a camera for that, and I'm not driving an 18 wheeler...and, there's an option to turn it off that doesn't seem to work

f00man

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang M1 HP
Hi guys, just picked up a 2016 GT and it has the reverse parking aid. I have gone into driver aids and unchecked the box for it, but it still comes on every time and I have to click it off. Is there something other than unchecking it in driver settings that I'm supposed to do to get it to stay off?
Thanks for any help
My GT with the analogue gauges has the same issue. After some research, it seems like the IPC firmware has to be updated by the dealership.

I don't believe the files are available to the public to be done thru Forscan. Other Ford models like the Bronco or F-Series have the same issue.

Sponsored

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Because I have a camera for that, and I'm not driving an 18 wheeler...and, there's an option to turn it off that doesn't seem to work
Beeper warning > Camera

The beep warning has saved my bumper cover a few times while being a little quick backing out of the garage.