Just bought a 2020 Bullitt

Joeblowv1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt, 2005 F150 FX4
I got my '19 bullitt two hours away from me about a month ago. Been on the stock summer only tires since, put about 500 miles on them.

I'll be going to all season rubber this weekend (have to do a final clean up on the winter set of wheels/tires and make em look all purdy)

In my 500 Miles driving in average 30-45 degree weather (sometimes in the 20's) I've learned - The first few rolls, these tires are not happy. And don't gun it when you're turning. Not that I have "gunned it" but even a slight extra bit of throttle out of the hole , and you can notice a tiny bit of loss of traction. Multiply that by the x factor (of whoever is mashing the petal) and you could get out of hand pretty quick.

All in all though I would say cold weather driving on the PS4(Summer) is "OK", especially since I'm trying to follow proper engine break in procedure. even for some lightly "spirited driving" but definitely not recommended for any serious test of the cars limits, or in the extreme cold or wet.

Last edited:

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, my Continental ECS's are fine if its dry down to 30-35 degrees. You aren't going to damage them. Made it all the way to mid-december this year in Chicago before putting on the mushy winter tires. When it's 30 and wet, it can be slick, no doubt!

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Get out of Chicago quick, lots of car jacking there.
LOl, Believe me, I want to and will in the next 5 years.
Between all the Liberals, ridiculous taxes, horrible roads, and people getting shot all the time, I want out!!!
Plus it's too damn dark and cold in the winter!

Sponsored

mAkI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Moiz
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
LOl, Believe me, I want to and will in the next 5 years.
Between all the Liberals, ridiculous taxes, horrible roads, and people getting shot all the time, I want out!!!
Plus it's too damn dark and cold in the winter!
What you talking about? I love Chicago. Actually am flying in today. I lived in northwest burbs and they were safe

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
What you talking about? I love Chicago. Actually am flying in today. I lived in northwest burbs and they were safe
Lived here my whole life dude, it used to be much better and I used to be proud to say I was from Chicago. Not anymore, it's changed a lot!

OP
OP
TXAG96

TXAG96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21Bronco,'20Bullitt,'01Boxster,'87Tbird-Turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I'm excited to pick up the Green Beast tomorrow AM.
The weather looks to be cold but DRY all the way home. I'm gonna play nice with it all the way.
the temps will not break 40 until I get well into Texas. Some rain is scheduled for Sunday AM.

16.5 hours of drive time. probably a road side nap along the way.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Just put the unused tires in the trunk and rear seat.
This is what I would do as well. Just put them in large plastic bags or put down towels to keep your interior and trunk nice.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
The weather looks to be cold but DRY all the way home. I'm gonna play nice with it all the way.
the temps will not break 40 until I get well into Texas. Some rain is scheduled for Sunday AM.

Have a safe trip. Post on your trip home if you can. Love to see some pics too. By the way are you getting new tires?

Sponsored

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt

obligatory pics of you picking it up, your road trip home, and once you make it safely in your driveway. I know i know, seems like a lot..but i dont make the rules.

OP
OP
TXAG96

TXAG96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21Bronco,'20Bullitt,'01Boxster,'87Tbird-Turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I spoke with a tech from Michelin and they didn't have an issue with the straight line drive home at 32F for much of the drive. Secondly, new All Season tires from Ford were 2 weeks out. :thumbsdown:
The dealer is putting the car in the service bay overnight so that I'll start out with room temp tires in the AM.
I'm also gonna put it in granny/snow mode and take it easy.

I'll post some pics as along the way.

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray