Sponsored

June Sales

edco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007GT & 2017V6_ great Steeda & AM mods
Carol Shelby 1960's quote: "Horsepower sells cars, torque wins races."
Dodge is proving HP sells cars. Chevy is proving HP does not sell cars.
Ford is proving what? good design/engineering sells cars?

Anyway the Camaro sales data was not worth the 90 days wait for Chevy fans.
It was a good call on GM's part to go quarterly. They avoided the April May June
last place headline. Considering Camaro had NASCAR race entry, and Indy 500
official car exposure in the second quarter, Camaro sales are low and flat.
If Camoro was going to get a bump it would be the second quarter. Gas prices are rising,
tariffs flying, trade war looming, the look ahead is not good for muscle cars in general.
For Camaro, if Carol Shelby were here he might say "stick a fork in it."
Sponsored

Last edited:

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
And now, it's impossible to establish any trends. All we know is camaro sales are shit, but GM isn't releasing enough information to say if they are continually dropping or if they just had a bad 1-2 months at the beginning of the year. They are intentionally keeping people in the dark...so people won't freak out for the next 3 months. Withholding information is a douchbag move GM. :tsk:

A little over 25k sales on the year for the camaro however is terrible, any way you cut it. The refresh isn't going to do shit either.

MyFirst5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 deep impact blue premium gt
i wonder if GM added another 100HP and dropped the price 10k if it would sell any better. according to the mags its a world beater car? so why the lack of sales? the ugly exterior? the ridiculous interior??

Chad11491

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Lightning Blue GT Premium PP
And now, it's impossible to establish any trends. All we know is camaro sales are shit, but GM isn't releasing enough information to say if they are continually dropping or if they just had a bad 1-2 months at the beginning of the year. They are intentionally keeping people in the dark...so people won't freak out for the next 3 months. Withholding information is a douchbag move GM. :tsk:

A little over 25k sales on the year for the camaro however is terrible, any way you cut it. The refresh isn't going to do shit either.
hell, the refresh will probably hurt sales. look at the poll over at C6, something like 6-7% like it, and all the videos i've seen of it the comments were mainly about how hideous it is. It's a pretty rough refresh and I actually feel bad for them. I hope a fugly design doesn't being the last nail in the coffin for an otherwise good car.

Sponsored

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Looks like the excuse is bad marketing and lack of advertisements.

Reactions: Ebm

Mountain376

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Camaro SS 1LE, '16 Camaro SS, '12 Mustang GT
this is funny to me considering the lack of changes to the platform.. been pushing this same car for like 10 years and still selling.
Yeah, those Dodges have so many deals and are so easy to get people into them (financed in).

Add to that cake this frosting: a platform that FCA continues to invest into, making iterations to the original (basically, hinting at what the Japanese OE's like to do), adding content that's aimed to draw people's attention and utilizing a very aggressive advertisement campaign.

The cherry: they are very easy vehicles to live with, outside of fuel economy, which isn't bad compared to Mustang/Camaro.

"pushing"... more like "floating". Just letting that baby ride as long as it will float. Hey, it works out!

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
So over those same 3 months:
Mustang - 23,264
Challenger - 19,719
Camaro - 13,588

Sponsored

itguy08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium, 2010 Taurus SHO, 2011 F150
I'd rather the Chevy survive than any Mopar.

Deleted member 35786

It would be interesting to see how many EB vs GT Stangs are sold monthly!

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
i wonder if GM added another 100HP and dropped the price 10k if it would sell any better. according to the mags its a world beater car? so why the lack of sales? the ugly exterior? the ridiculous interior??
The only thing GM can do to sell camaro's. Is a complete redesign. With practicality and usability at the for front of that design. The Camaro interior absolutely sucks. Visibility is no existent. And my wife has more space in some of here purses. Than the Camaro has in the trunk or back seat. I'm legit starting to worry for the Camaros future.

itguy08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium, 2010 Taurus SHO, 2011 F150
It would be interesting to see how many EB vs GT Stangs are sold monthly!
I think Ford said the EB accounts for 45% of Mustang sales.