Sponsored

JUNE 2016 SALES (Mustang vs. Camaro vs. Challenger) - Check First Post

Qtrhorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
If this is your goal, the 5.0 takes particularly well to supercharging.
$6750 for a Ford Racing kit.....627 HP!
And you STILL might of paid less then the guy who bought a 2016 Camaro 2SS.
:ford:
But he still has his warranty and beat you without turning a wrench
Sponsored

OP
OP
garagelogic

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase
Hey they might get 2-3 mores sales a month now.
That's the funny part. Some over there think because a couple of people on Camaro6 bought a 6thGen due to the 0% financing offer, that this is evidence that the nation is doing the same. :lol:

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
But he still has his warranty and beat you without turning a wrench
Wrong. Lebanon Ford sells the GT with the 727hp setup for 39k with full warranty and you don't turn a wrench.

Qtrhorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
That's the funny part. Some over there think because a couple of people on Camaro6 bought a 6thGen due to the 0% financing offer, that this is evidence that the nation is doing the same. :lol:
0% is the first incentive since the launch of the Gen6, and yes it has made a different that will show in July sales. How many times has Ford offered that in the Mustang ? Several times. Cash incentives on the Mustang several times and still going. Ford is trying less profit for vehicle and more volume, GM is going more profit and less volume.

I'm driving a scat pack today, I like those as well. I'd love to have all three cars, including that new ZL1!

Sponsored

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline
0% is the first incentive since the launch of the Gen6, and yes it has made a different that will show in July sales. How many times has Ford offered that in the Mustang ? Several times. Cash incentives on the Mustang several times and still going. Ford is trying less profit for vehicle and more volume, GM is going more profit and less volume.

I'm driving a scat pack today, I like those as well. I'd love to have all three cars, including that new ZL1!
We've been hearing this for 6 months. Every little thing will make next month sales better, yet they sold more in May then June. Some people can't accept reality.

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline
727hp also doesn't have the Coyote breaking a sweat. Some cars would NEED a powertrain warranty with that amount of power, the vast majority of GT owners will be fine without it.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
We've been hearing this for 6 months. Every little thing will make next month sales better, yet they sold more in May then June. Some people can't accept reality.
Yeah, 0% financing is a terrible excuse.

I haven't heard a single person complaining about financing.

I've heard:

1.) Styling
2.) Price
3.) Size and comfort

Not in that order but close.

Qtrhorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
Since it is the first incentive and just offered at the end of June, I don't know why you have been hearing it for 6 months. Guess when your car lacks in performance numbers, you have to rely on sales figures. It's really said that the Camaro will generate more profit with less sales. It's the same thought behind the GT350.

Sponsored

WindveilNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT premium convertible
Do we actually have any idea about relative profitability? Just because something costs less does not mean it is less profitable. Ford could be making more profits by selling more units, or by having less expensive production and unit costs - or both, or they could be making less profit.

Qtrhorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
727hp also doesn't have the Coyote breaking a sweat. Some cars would NEED a powertrain warranty with that amount of power, the vast majority of GT owners will be fine without it.
Seriously? If there was any truth to what you are saying, ford would warranty their own supercharger that they sell for cars they produce. The fact that you have to get an aftermarket warranty to cover a manufacturer part installed on their own product shows that THEY don't have the faith you do.

Qtrhorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
Do we actually have any idea about relative profitability? Just because something costs less does not mean it is less profitable. Ford could be making more profits by selling more units, or by having less expensive production and unit costs - or both, or they could be making less profit.
This is exactly right. You can't judge on number of sales, if the profit margin differs.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Looks like the sales numbers broke someone :)

The aftermarket isn't going to flick to a poor seller for sure.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
A less than 1 second difference in a 1/4 might mean something to some people but not everyone cares so JUST performance is not the only thing that sells a car. Fact, the Mustang is priced better, with better rebates. Fact, it's easier to walk on the lot and find exactly what you want without having to order it. Opinion, Mustang just looks better and has more of a nostalgic look. It's a true fastback design and personally is more tasteful to look at. Not only do I want a car that performs well, but I also want one that I can look at in my driveway or a parking lot constantly and not regret my purchase. Opinion, Mustang is just a better overall package and that's why it sells better. It provides a little of everything for someone who is looking for an American muscle car. Camaro is more of a niche group of buyers. The only people more likely to just go and buy one will be loyalists, or people who are active in the car community. I just don't see the Camaro blowing anything out of the water at this point, even with discounts. They might be able to sell off the large amount of sitting inventory if they really push it but I still don't feel like this is the car for "everyone". Being a big car enthusiast and someone who loves performance as well, and tested both cars, as much as I like the power of the Camaro, the Mustang proved to be the better package because it provided SIMILAR performance with a cleaner looking interior, cleaning looking exterior and a 6k price difference for similar package on the 1SS. Even with incentives it would be hard for them to get down to the price I paid for the PP GT.
Sponsored