Sponsored

JUNE 2016 SALES (Mustang vs. Camaro vs. Challenger) - Check First Post

Dudie7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I strongly considered a 2016 camaro before I got my GT. The SS was very impressive to drive. Night and day difference over the 2015 camaro. In the end it came down to price. A loaded SS was ridiculously over priced at 46k.
That'a why it isn't selling....
Sponsored

Last edited:

Dudie7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I strongly considered a 2016 camaro before I got my GT. The SS was very impressive to drive. Night and day difference over the 2015 camaro. In the end it came down to price. A loaded SS was ridiculously over priced at 46k.
This is funny and its from the C6G thread I posted above. I am LOL'ing at it. Are 40%+ of the new S550 sold as GTs?

What is this logic that most cars sold in the first year are V8s and sell for 40k but the vast majority of Mustangs are below 30k that are sold? I cannot compute....

"BUT I doubt GM is going for volume. I bet you anything their profit is higher per car than the Mustang. Maybe they're still doing close to what they want. Vast majority of cars sold in first year are "enthusiast" V8s and above 40k price. Most Mustangs are below 30k that get sold."
The logic over there is hilarious...not going for volume? Higher profit margins? Lol. Hurt butt syndrome over at C6G.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
I never understood why they boast about the "superior" performance when it's only really faster in one performance metric in ONE model... acceleration on the SS. One could argue you need an automatic in order to dominate a Mustang in the 1/4. To be honest, the EBPP C&D put against the Camaro V6 was a slaughter and the Mustang was 100lbs heavier.

While the SS auto is surely quicker than the 2015-'16 GT in the 1/4, many have also abandon the road course attitude as well. No longer are there such boast in those "important" areas.

I don't think customers are willing to pay $40,000+ for an auto SS just to say it's faster than a stock GT. Especially when a majority of those enthusiasts are modded to some extent.

The Camaro SS's standard brakes, wheels and tires are a performance joke. The Camaro needs SERIOUS upgrades to handle a Mustang in the corners. They will also need devine intervention to hand the likes of a GT350 at that MSRP and a miracle from above to sell cars like the Mustang.

These poor decisions will impact the Camaro's entire existence, how ever long that may be.

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
Here's the thing that I find interesting. Dodge dealers in my area. Seam to be using the same high pricing-no negotiating tactic with the Scat packs that the chevy dealers are using with the Camaros. But it seams to be working with that car. The Scat packs are moving.
I agree about the scat packs. Love the cars but no wiggle room. What's incredible is the lease specials on a v6 challenger sxt. You can get one for like $2k down and $149/month or $225/month with $0 down. You can't get most economy cars for that price and you can snag a 300hp v6 pony car?

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Here's the thing that I find interesting. Dodge dealers in my area. Seam to be using the same high pricing-no negotiating tactic with the Scat packs that the chevy dealers are using with the Camaros. But it seams to be working with that car. The Scat packs are moving.
Probably because they're just plain awesome.

I had my Jeep DD in yesterday for a recall, and the local dealer had three Scat Pack Challengers and a Scat Pack Charger lined up out in front of the dealership. Looked great. They were pulling the Charger out of the prep bay when I arrived, and that thing sounded wicked. :thumbsup:

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Any way you slice this pie people shop their wallets and the mustang price point is better then the rest, its not the fastest but you get more package for your money!

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Why? You're Ford?
I was also part of the overseas fanbase and it is an aweful wait. Also note that Australia in general has had a particularly difficult time, moreso than others. As a Mustang fan, I would be willing to give up 1000-2000 sales a month in order to ensure the Australian fanbase is taken care of soonest...

...but it's out of Fords hands now, people keep ordering them.

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
Any way you slice this pie people shop their wallets and the mustang price point is better then the rest, its not the fastest but you get more package for your money!
And with just a little bit of money you can make it the fastest. :thumbsup:

AmericanLegend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP
And with just a little bit of money you can make it the fastest. :thumbsup:
If this is your goal, the 5.0 takes particularly well to supercharging.
$6750 for a Ford Racing kit.....627 HP!
And you STILL might have paid less then the guy who bought a 2016 Camaro 2SS.
:ford:

Last edited:

Sponsored

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
ergonomics is also a big deal and the camaro has some of the worse ive seen in a car the challanger is ok !

GigaHz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 2012 Taurus SHO
Maybe getting Car of the Year from Motor Trend will help the Camaro sales.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood

GigaHz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 2012 Taurus SHO
Hey they might get 2-3 mores sales a month now.

Qtrhorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
Doesn't bother me at all. Everyone has opinions and I understand they may differ from mine. However, the people I listed (based solely on their internet posts) are not open to anyone else's opinions and they are never wrong about anything Camaro related.
I'm sure you could compile a longer list in this forum for people that feel that way about anything Mustang related.
Sponsored