z460

MR.BIG SHOT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JT
Vehicle(s)
f250
the new camaro all most looks the same as a the 15 ss for the money i could go buy me a GT500 or a 03 cobra or a used 15 Gt with money left of for aftermarket MOD'S
Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Who cares? Do you have stock in GM?
If your not interested in this thread. Maybe you can go find something your more interested in. Maybe the for sale section or.....maybe off topic.:shrug:Not really our place to figure out what you should be interested in.

AZ_Ryan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
If your not interested in this thread. Maybe you can go find something your more interested in. Maybe the for sale section or.....maybe off topic.:shrug:You don't seam to have much to offer on this one.
Oh I'm very interested in why a group of mustang owners should care about the sales of another car. I'm even more interested to find out why they would go to a camaro forum just to see what they're saying about it. Call me crazy but I personally believe the merits of a car should be based it's performance not how many units are sold. But if this thread requires bad sales = inferior car responses, then yeah I guess I'm not offering you much.

40calcobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Ty gtpp, 04 cobra
Oh I'm very interested in why a group of mustang owners should care about the sales of another car. I'm even more interested to find out why they would go to a camaro forum just to see what they're saying about it. Call me crazy but I personally believe the merits of a car should be based it's performance not how many units are sold. But if this thread requires bad sales = inferior car responses, then yeah I guess I'm not offering you much.
Move along!

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Guess so.:shrug:Thanks for stopping in.

Sponsored

Furypony

2016 StangGTVertOxfWhite
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT convertible Oxford white black wheels
Your questioning

Umm what is obvious the sales have shown that the new gen 6 mustang is selling more thus more popular getting buyers than latest Camaro.

It's a democracy people can go to this and other forums.

You shouldn't be concerned about people going from one forum to another. That's called feedback people can either learn or relate disagree from what is valuable or dig your head in the sand.

Gm needs to take note the camaro is not as popular as mustang. The Camaro is not a bmw m5 . It's pricing is too high full stop.

So as a consumer join us in saying to GM make it more affordable times are tough for people. That's why your sales are less.
Amongst other things.

I'm sure if it was the other way round Camaro fanpeople will be giving feedback and we have a healthy discussion. But to come over here whining to us about our democratic right. Is just well deserve the rebuff you getting. Is t a matter of freedom of speech as you have displayed.

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
F-me
$40k for a V6 Camaro!
$41.5k for a 2.0T!
Just for fun, It is now being said that people actually like the Camaro better than the Mustang because it's a better car, The reason that it's being outsold by both older models were people were waiting for incentives and now sales have spiked for July :crazy:

Last edited:

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
my GT Premium PP Navi was 40.5k MSRP, which I didnt pay anywhere near of course

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly

Because for over 5 years the Camaro camp at Camaro5 would post a sales thread up and when the Camaro outsold the Mustang it resulted in 8 pages of strutting and boasting. The S197 5.0's out performed the Camaro in every way for years, but the Camaro camp said the only metric that truly mattered was sales.

Now the tables have turned and we're enjoying serving them their helpings of crow.

There are members over there who are massive and blatant hypocrites with glaring double standards, and some of us really, really enjoy watching them flail about.

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
Okay someone seriously has to tell me why I should care about Camaro sales and why this thread is up to 14 pages. :shrug:
Ok someone seriously has to tell me why someone would read 14 pages into a thread they don't care about, then post in that thread, making the 14 page thread even longer. :crazy:

I honestly, have never given two shits about car sales, but this is far too good to pass up. Do some research on Camaro5 when it was beating the Mustang and see what was being posted on there.

Secondly, I do find it interesting that the car that magazines, (especially the ones that run tons of full page gm advertisements) call the chariot of the gods has significantly less market appeal than a two year old and 10 year old platform.

Sponsored

Martman GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marty
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY GT Premium
I think Gm was thinking back to when they brought the camaro back and how many they sold like craze. So they decided to do a redesign on the cheap and flood there dealers with highly optioned high dollar cars and make a killing the rush of new sales, and it bit them on the arse. And from what I have been reading over at crymaro6 the dealers having these cars shoved down their throats don't care if they sell them or not.

The dealers are the ones ordering the cars, they're not having them shoved down their throats. When I worked in the Fleet Dept. of a Ford Dealer, we had scheduled ordering sessions with the local Ford rep. We would order (take for example Mustangs) based on the colors and options we felt would most likely appeal to our customers. Ford didn't tell us we had to take X many cars, or have X options on them. They would sometimes try to incentivize us to take more of a particular car at times say like Focus's.

If we had a customer that wanted a car with options that we didn't have in stock, we used the dealer locator system to find one with the requested options and would negotiate to dealer trade for that car.

Just trying to stop the myth that GM is forcing these over priced cars on dealers.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Here's the thing that I find interesting. Dodge dealers in my area. Seam to be using the same high pricing-no negotiating tactic with the Scat packs that the chevy dealers are using with the Camaros. But it seams to be working with that car. The Scat packs are moving.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Guess so.:shrug:Thanks for stopping in.
What do you expect from someone that lists a 12 speaker shaker system in his signature line:lol::lol::lol:

OP
OP
garagelogic

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase
You will never see the diehard Camaro fans accept the fact that their favorite car is not everyone's favorite car. They cannot seem to be comprehend the fact that as good a performer that the new Camaro is, it is not going to make the masses desire one. Special financing deals/rebates will only marginally affect sales because only people who are looking to buy a Camaro will take advantage of them. And of that group, many will not even qualify for that rate. You could offer me a ATS-V at 0% and it wouldn't change a thing, as I have ZERO interest in buying that car. It just does not appeal to me as a car buyer.

Evidence since it's introduction suggests the 6thGen Camaro is a sales dud. While it may be true that GM's strategy was to sell lower volumes at a higher margin, I can almost guarantee you their forecasts did not anticipate selling less than 5000 cars during the month of June. Camaro spin doctors will tell you this is all according to plan, but anyone with common sense knows otherwise.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
You will never see the diehard Camaro fans accept the fact that their favorite car is not everyone's favorite car. They cannot seem to be comprehend the fact that as good a performer that the new Camaro is, it is not going to make the masses desire one. Special financing deals/rebates will only marginally affect sales because only people who are looking to buy a Camaro will take advantage of them. And of that group, many will not even qualify for that rate. You could offer me a ATS-V at 0% and it wouldn't change a thing, as I have ZERO interest in buying that car. It just does not appeal to me as a car buyer.

Evidence since it's introduction suggests the 6thGen Camaro is a sales dud. While it may be true that GM's strategy was to sell lower volumes at a higher margin, I can almost guarantee you their forecasts did not anticipate selling less than 5000 cars during the month of June. Camaro spin doctors will tell you this is all according to plan, but anyone with common sense knows otherwise.
Not even sure why their surprised the Camaro is being outsold. Since 1967 the Camaro has only won the yearly sales battle a hand full of times. The only reason the Camaro was even built. Was to try to grab a few sales away from the Monster sales success of the first gen Mustang. It's also why demand for Mustangs is so high abroad. People want to own a real American classic. The same way we want 911s over here.
Sponsored