JUNE 2016 SALES (Mustang vs. Camaro vs. Challenger) - Check First Post

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
I have a 16 GT and have shopped for a GT350, I'm not a trill and the person that biggt my car knows this as well. I am a car enthusiast that owns several different makes of vehicles. You're the troll
Whatever you say. Funny...you post about your '15GT but nothing about your '16GT?

Funny that I am a troll. I troll this forum everyday, all day:crazy:
Sponsored

Qtrhorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
Seriously? Every manufacturer kills your warranty for a F&*King cold air intake. Dont ask silly questions.:doh:Is has nothing to do with how much power an engine can take.[/B

If the manufacturer sold the CAI, I wouldn't expect them to void the warranty

Qtrhorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
Whatever you say. Funny...you post about your '15GT but nothing about your '16GT?

Funny that I am a troll. I troll this forum everyday, all day:crazy:
The 16 was purchased for my son, he didn't like the Manual shift in the GTPP. The 16 was more practical being an auto and was able to be driven by others in the household.

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
My GTPP was 41k sticker with no MRC, NPP Exhaust or A8 transmission,. That's MSRP!
Unless you're intentionally being obtuse you'll see I was referring to the "under $37,000" 1SS,A8,NPP,MRC car you were claiming is possible.

I'm calling horseshit that you can get over $4,000 off that Camaros MSRP.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
You can break the half shafts with stock hp and sticky tires. I don't think that would happen with a GT500.
Agreed. Hard for a car to break a part it doesn't have!

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Seriously? Every manufacturer kills your warranty for a F&*King cold air intake. Dont ask silly questions.:doh:Is has nothing to do with how much power an engine can take.[/B

If the manufacturer sold the CAI, I wouldn't expect them to void the warranty
But they all do!

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
6k price difference from a 1SS is bullshit. You can get a 1SS with magnetic ride control, NPP exhaust, and 8 speed auto transmission for under 37k. Compared to the PP GT, the 1SS is the bargain
Interesting, considering within 100 mile range of where I live, there were less than 25 1SS packages available. Of those, not a single one was under 38k. I don't care what you can order. I don't order cars, never have, never will. However, out of that 100 mile radius, there were over 110 2SS packages. Not everyone is looking for a loaded car. These cars aren't my DD cars and I don't need a bunch of shit I won't be using. And that's my point. The failure seems to be at the dealer level. They are putting cars on the lots that people DON'T want and that's why they are still sitting there. I paid under 33k for my PP GT before TTL. I wasn't getting anything close to that in the area I looked, but thanks for telling me otherwise. You can sit here and try to come up with excuses of why the Camaro is still selling poorly but the trend speaks for itself. It doesn't matter if YOU think it's a great car, the actual people out there in this segment of car buying are saying otherwise.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
It doesn't matter if YOU think it's a great car, the actual people out there in this segment of car buying are saying otherwise.
HaHa Damn right. Everyone over on camaro6 thinks it's the best car every built. Maybe he should go over there and cheer those 20 or 30 guys up with his sales nonsense.:D

Qtrhorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
Interesting, considering within 100 mile range of where I live, there were less than 25 1SS packages available. Of those, not a single one was under 38k. I don't care what you can order. I don't order cars, never have, never will. However, out of that 100 mile radius, there were over 110 2SS packages. Not everyone is looking for a loaded car. These cars aren't my DD cars and I don't need a bunch of shit I won't be using. And that's my point. The failure seems to be at the dealer level. They are putting cars on the lots that people DON'T want and that's why they are still sitting there. I paid under 33k for my PP GT before TTL. I wasn't getting anything close to that in the area I looked, but thanks for telling me otherwise. You can sit here and try to come up with excuses of why the Camaro is still selling poorly but the trend speaks for itself. It doesn't matter if YOU think it's a great car, the actual people out there in this segment of car buying are saying otherwise.

The dealer probably orders the higher trim level to make the most money off the sale.

Sponsored

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
This is exactly right. You can't judge on number of sales, if the profit margin differs.
Yes you can. Just because Chevy supposedly has built in a healthy profit margin doesn't mean you now can't compare sales figures.

That's like saying "well because Motortrend compared the Camaro and M4, we should now only compare the Camaro and M4".

But I suppose when one is losing the game, your only recourse is to change the game.

Qtrhorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
Yes you can. Just because Chevy supposedly has built in a healthy profit margin doesn't mean you now can't compare sales figures.

That's like saying "well because Motortrend compared the Camaro and M4, we should now only compare the Camaro and M4".

But I suppose when one is losing the game, your only recourse is to change the game.
My point is how can you compare profit when you don't know the margin of profit per vehicle ?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
My point is how can you compare profit when you don't know the margin of profit per vehicle ?
It is extremely unlikely that the margin is ~double the Mustang, or even close to double. It would need to be to offset the lack of sales success for GM, especially to recoup the costs for the only plant building on the Alpha platform. Flat Rock builds the Mustang, Fusion and MKZ, so they have a lot of sales to spread their costs over.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
If profit margins are higher, I can only assume it made on the customer right? Why is the profit margin on a shared platform, parts bin car higher than one that specifically Mustang specific?

Why is it a victory if Chevy profits more per customer but provides less? Are they charging a premium on performance alone? That's not good, especially when the 2.0 and V6 are decades behind the EBPP in nearly every performance category. Seems like a strange topic to celebrate. Couldn't GM reduce the profit margin, sell more cars and being the same product to market for a little cheaper?

Seems like some people are excited they are being taken...

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550