Sponsored

JUNE 2016 SALES (Mustang vs. Camaro vs. Challenger) - Check First Post

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
They don't have a non-PP version of the SS...probably the biggest issue they'll have selling them. A ton of people buying in this segment just want a good looking cruiser with a V8. They don't offer a base SS really and as such, it is priced at least $4,000 higher base MSRP to base MSRP. That is a big chunk of change for most Americans. A base GT with the PP is still $1,500 cheaper and all of the this is assuming no incentives or dealer negotiations. A base GT like mine can be had very close to $30,000, if not under in certain places.

All of this doesn't take into account the significant price delta between the lower power engine models too. They're just far too expensive and only the Internet/magazine racers are willing to pay that much for the increase in performance over the Mustang. All of this while it's very similar to the 5th gen, totally missed the mark on rear end styling and still a claustrophobic tank.
Many ignore the simple fact that true "enthusiast" typically modify or, at the very least, invest in the aftermarket to personalize. The Mustang is amazingly flexible for those that want to personalize.

There are many reasons the Mustang is in high demand and many reasons the Camaro is not. They both represent the internal thought process of the the corporations that make them.

A way forward to a better car or constantly looking back at the good old days...
Sponsored

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
Funny thing, I actually like the rear of the new Camaro. I find the front to be horrid.

WindveilNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT premium convertible
It is funny how much the body of the Mustang and Camaro have changed over the years, and yet, I would guess we would all be able to pick them out of a crowd and know which they are. Even going through the Mustang 2 and the Fox body I think I would always know a Mustang. The 991 is so different than the original 911. And yet with each iteration you know a Carrera. In that way I admire all three and the designers who make them different and yet the same.

DiPsTiCk

CrAzY dRiVeR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang/64 Falcon Deluxe Station Wagon
sounds like a cheap excuse to explain why it doesnt look much different. Takes about 2-3 years of R&D for a complete redesign. I think Chevy needed to crank something out fast to combat the new mustang, but ended up being a half measure. Either this or camaro enthusiasts didnt really mean what they said.
I'm only parroting here what I have read/heard a few times elsewhere. And in some of those cases from the chevy faithful themselves and in others articles I have read.

I want to say that Zane Wayne was one of them. I can't say with 100% accuracy so if you like you can PM him about it. I believe him to be a chevy guy (could just be a car guy), so if this is indeed incorrect he can set the record straight. This isn't something I just... made up.

Even if somehow my memory is slipping (it has happened before but very unlikely in this case) what difference does it make?! The 5G and the 6G camaro look very much alike and I CAN say with 100% accuracy that I have read and hear other people say this time and again.

Including, but not limited too, this here thread...

TheReaper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black GT
I've been drag racing for over 30 years. Started on Front Street in Philadelphia in the mid 80s, as soon as I got my license. Road Raced in several different vehicles. Car Show participant. You name it when it involves cars. So by the Camaro6 definition. I'm an Enthusiast! You don't see me running to trade my Mustang for a 17 Camaro! Why would I? When I modded a car I love. And it kicks the Camaro's ass! Those nitwits throw that Enthusiast word around a lot. They brag about being enthusiasts by buying the best stock car? Paper racers only want to talk about Stock VS stock. They can use magazine times to claim victory! But they won't mod their cars or ever see any kind of track? If they did that. They'd have to depend on the own timeslips and lap times and couldn't quote magazines anymore! Nobody that races leaves a car stock! Enthusiasts take a good car and make it better. POSERS sit on forums and call themselves ENTHUSIASTS! They chant all day about how the car they drive is an 11 second car. Then go out and run 12.37 glory passes.:DEnthusiasts say: I ran my car to a certain time. Posers say: Motor trend got my car to run a certain time. Or some guy on youtube got a certain time.:frusty:Hotlap hasn't proved "HIS" car is an 11 second car yet. I don't think any of the usual suspects over there have!!!
You kinda hit the nail on the head.:thumbsup:

Sponsored

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
I've been drag racing for over 30 years. Started on Front Street in Philadelphia in the mid 80s, as soon as I got my license. Road Raced in several different vehicles. Car Show participant. You name it when it involves cars. So by the Camaro6 definition. I'm an Enthusiast! You don't see me running to trade my Mustang for a 17 Camaro! Why would I? When I modded a car I love. And it kicks the Camaro's ass! Those nitwits throw that Enthusiast word around a lot. They brag about being enthusiasts by buying the best stock car? Paper racers only want to talk about Stock VS stock. They can use magazine times to claim victory! But they won't mod their cars or ever see any kind of track? If they did that. They'd have to depend on the own timeslips and lap times and couldn't quote magazines anymore! Nobody that races leaves a car stock! Enthusiasts take a good car and make it better. POSERS sit on forums and call themselves ENTHUSIASTS! They chant all day about how the car they drive is an 11 second car. Then go out and run 12.37 glory passes.:DEnthusiasts say: I ran my car to a certain time. Posers say: Motor trend got my car to run a certain time. Or some guy on youtube got a certain time.:frusty:Hotlap hasn't proved "HIS" car is an 11 second car yet. I don't think any of the usual suspects over there have!!!
Amen BROTHER! Couldn't of said it better myself!

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I think Gm was thinking back to when they brought the camaro back and how many they sold like craze. So they decided to do a redesign on the cheap and flood there dealers with highly optioned high dollar cars and make a killing the rush of new sales, and it bit them on the arse. And from what I have been reading over at crymaro6 the dealers having these cars shoved down their throats don't care if they sell them or not.

AZ_Ryan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Okay someone seriously has to tell me why I should care about Camaro sales and why this thread is up to 14 pages. :shrug:

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I think it is so funny I go to the main forum page and right at the top is a advert for motor trend car of the year the 2016 camaro lol

Sponsored

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
What I don't get is why so many camaro owners / lovers post so much bs on a mustang forum when they have their own.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Every car/ truck that brings forth something new becomes the motor trend car/truck of the year!
Sponsored