JUNE 2016 SALES (Mustang vs. Camaro vs. Challenger) - Check First Post

mikeyjobu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
"I like having a rarer car" -- then you should have bought a Challenger! You'd really be happy with that... Rarer -- not at all rare though. There's nothing rare about a Camaro -- unless it's one of the early ones.
Sponsored

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
I hardly see S550's around here. But I do see a lot of '16 camaros.. weird. My parents have an S550, but it is a Merc. I see it when I visit them.

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
C7 > S550 Mustang >1987 plymouth reliant >/= Camaro.. it's really a tossup.

steelertown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
"I like having a rarer car" -- then you should have bought a Challenger! You'd really be happy with that... Rarer -- not at all rare though. There's nothing rare about a Camaro -- unless it's one of the early ones.

Around me I actually see more Challengers than anything, followed by the new sting rays, then the new mustangs, and lastly, I have not seen a new camaro on the street yet. I do want to see the camaro redesign in person though...

mikeyjobu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
I realize people may see more of one or another -- but generally, I can't classify the Camaro as a rare car. There are rare Camaros, but generally, no. Pretty much anyone with the means and inclination can buy one.

Sponsored

Quackfoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black GT Premium
I see a lot of Camaro's... all RS models. And I can't tell the difference between the previous gen and the 2016 so I couldn't tell you if I saw one or not lol.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
The feeding frenzy started a little early this month.

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
Starting to see them showing up in the NOVA area...seen a bunch of SS's and a few RS. But it's definitely hard to pick them out right away.

See a TON of Challengers around here more then anything at least in my part of Arlington/Alexandria.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
GM will be gearing up for their 20% off sale soon. Maybe they'll finally have a good month for Camaro sales.

Sponsored

Zerobar78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT, PP
I just lost a bet recently with a buddy that's a Chevy fan so I went to pay up by test driving a new Camaro today.......Needless to say I wasn't happy about it but I went to 2 dealerships to drive one and they both had dozens of them on the lot, I'm hearing they're not selling well at all so far. I figure I would drive the closest thing to my Mustang in a 1SS with a manual tans and neither dealer had a manual in stock at all......nothing but 8-speeds so I will wait for now I guess.

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
Around me I actually see more Challengers than anything, followed by the new sting rays, then the new mustangs, and lastly, I have not seen a new camaro on the street yet. I do want to see the camaro redesign in person though...
Considering the Challenger is outselling the Camaro on the LX platform that dates to 2005 no less, I'm not surprised. I see Mustangs and Challys all around me, only rarely do I see a 5g Camaro, maybe this year some poor soldier will make a mistake and bring a 6g from the states on a PCS. If I manage to tell it apart from all the 5gs I'll try to get a good look.

Litfury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT (black red racing stripes)
The camaro is just to impractical. The Corvette is probably more practical with its huge hatchback. You cant even take a Costco trip with it, hell my softball bag would barely fits in the trunk with my work gear.

The Mustang isn't an SUV but I do think it's serviceable for a person that actually needs the car to get around and carry stuff and it actually fits a rear facing infant seat.
I picked my daughter up in her rear facing seat from daycare yesterday. Little snug getting it in. But once in still plenty of room for the passenger in front.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
I went to look at Camaros Friday before I decided to pick up my GT. Many reasons why I walked away, the main reason being I was ignored 2 times. I went at lunch, walked around and looked at them and the same after work. Not one single person came outside to check on me.

Second, the body lines just aren't as smooth as the Mustang IMO. It's still very "bulk/bubbly" looking and the front and rear are very "squished" looking. Also not a single 1SS on the lot. Every SS was the 2SS package and not a single one was under 39k.

I did want to drive one because from a performance perspective it appears they are a tad bit quicker and better handling than my 16' but my cars are used for cruising the roads so a 1 second difference on paper means nothing to me in the real world.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
I went to look at Camaros Friday before I decided to pick up my GT. Many reasons why I walked away, the main reason being I was ignored 2 times. I went at lunch, walked around and looked at them and the same after work. Not one single person came outside to check on me.

Second, the body lines just aren't as smooth as the Mustang IMO. It's still very "bulk/bubbly" looking and the front and rear are very "squished" looking. Also not a single 1SS on the lot. Every SS was the 2SS package and not a single one was under 39k.

I did want to drive one because from a performance perspective it appears they are a tad bit quicker and better handling than my 16' but my cars are used for cruising the roads so a 1 second difference on paper means nothing to me in the real world.
Thats the only place you'll see a 1 second difference. On paper! In the real world it's a few tenths.
Sponsored