Sponsored

Join Us Live on Dec 5th for the 2015 Mustang Debut & Give Us Your Questions for Ford

OP
OP
Jarstang

Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Some good questions here. We'll put something together a day or two before the events and see if we can come up with a useful list for 12/5.

Jarstang, thank you guys for all the good info you drop on us and trying to include our feedback.. No other site has been this hands on with members and I for one appreciate that.

Do you also know which trims will be revealed on the 5th?
As we said, there will be both convertible and coupes shown but it is not yet clear exactly which trims will be revealed. However, Ford has informed us there will be different models/colors being shown at the different events so it will be worthwhile tuning in to see what is shown at each location.
Sponsored

Lavien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Some good questions here. We'll put something together a day or two before the events and see if we can come up with a useful list for 12/5.

As we said, there will be both convertible and coupes shown but it is not yet clear exactly which trims will be revealed. However, Ford has informed us there will be different models/colors being shown at the different events so it will be worthwhile tuning in to see what is shown at each location.
Can't wait! :clap2::headbang:

BugsOli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Mustang GT | 2015 Mustang Eco | 2022 Puma ST
Don't you mean liftback? There has always been a coupe.
Well, it depends on the term used and the point of view: to me, since the first SN95, the Mustang looks more like a Fastback and not much like a 60+ Coupe (I've owned a 68 Coupe and now I have a Fox Convert).

It would be interesting to see a concept "Coupe" (might not be as sporty as the actual one though)

Sponsored

Fordman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Taurus
Will this platform be used in a future rwd sedan lincoln?

Ponywars

I highly doubt they would answer that, especially with regard to Lincoln plans. Also do we even want it to be supporting a sedan? I was hoping this new platform would be designed specifically for a coupe.

Mriley

Predictions for what we see on Thursday, anyone? So we know coupe and convertible and a few models and colors. Will we see.....

Anniversary colors?
GT in US?
I4 in Europe?
RHD in Sydney?

I'd be surprised given how strong those 2014.5 rumors were going for a bit if we didn't see any of that come to fruition. Maybe not called 2014.5 but maybe the first 1,000 get sold as limited editions with a bunch of special touches.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Pretty much my thoughts, Mike.

I'm hoping Barcelona shows not only the Ecoboost, but also a RHD V8 though........however, as long as the latter is show in Oz, there's hope we'll get it in the UK, too.

With regards the '14.5, I'm surprised we didn't see more of this. I honestly thought that would be a good way to see out the last 6 months of S197......some unique trim and badging, new wheels etc. But as it wasn't at LA, I don't see it happening now.

I hope S550 is badged purely as a '15.

stangray11

I think the only difference with the base and EB4 will be badging and a better optioned standard set for the EB4 (HID versus halogen type of thing). If the base turns out like that chazcron render with the honeycomb grille I surely hope they show the GT also (hopefully with his other grille). That could sway me one way or the other.

I'm not really sure what to expect from Ford on the 5th. They've been surprising latley with how poorly they seem to be managing this campaign. They seem unsure of what they want to do.... first wanting to give dealers a preview... then not... doing their own countdown videos then switching to fan created ones..... so who really knows.

Sponsored

Melino

Predictions for what we see on Thursday, anyone? So we know coupe and convertible and a few models and colors. Will we see.....

Anniversary colors?
GT in US?
I4 in Europe?
RHD in Sydney?

I'd be surprised given how strong those 2014.5 rumors were going for a bit if we didn't see any of that come to fruition. Maybe not called 2014.5 but maybe the first 1,000 get sold as limited editions with a bunch of special touches.
I agree with this. What if on top of all the 2015 stuff we see on 12/5 they show an anniversary color/package that the last of the S197's can be ordered with? Possible?

As far as predictions I think we see Chaz's renders more or less, and I think it will be stunning when we see it brought to life.

JohnZiraldo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 Mustang GT Conv., 11 Edge Sport
Sorry if this question has already been suggested.

Can the Trinity 5.8L engine physically fit in the new S550 chassis?

JohnZiraldo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here are all the suggested questions provided in this thread so far.

If you get to ask questions, please be sure to ask and publish any information on the S550 at the 50th Celebration.
Specifically,
Will it be present at both venues?
How many models?
Can we get up close and personal?
Will it be joining any of the Pony Drives?
When will MCA be allowed to publish details on S550 plans?

Will it have real working gauges for water temp and oil pressure?

Dimensions and weights?
When is first production for NA?
When will Ford be able to release full details on S550 chassis improvements over S197?
What are the plans for professional racing venues for 2014?

I'd like to know when the SVE versions of the S550 will be available and what those versions are/or will be called and what the specs are, or at least what kind of engine/hp we are looking at.

When are the order banks opening / what are the expected delivery dates?
Can they confirm or deny the rumor of a powertrain upgrade within the first few years?
Will the EcoBoost be available in North America initially, or only in the oversees markets?

Which Ford engine plant will build the 2.3 Ecoboost?

What will the price be of the base GT?
what kind of performance options will we see for said base GT?

Technology advancements: specifically what will the new Mustang have in terms of technology for entertainment, connectivity, mobile devices etc.
Aftermarket: specifically if Roush/Steeda will have models available for purchase as well if a special edition Shelby perhaps.
Ford Racing: specifically if the new Mustang will have Ford Racing support in the aftermarket.

When will sales start in Germany?

I'd like to know if there's a chance of 2 SVT variants at once.

Assuming three engine configurations are offered, what are the curb weights for each vehicle?
What is the total length of the vehicle?
Will a "track package" be available for all engine configurations?

5.8 Trinity - dead or alive ??
If the Trinity is dropped, will there be a performance equivalent (662Hp +) ?
Voodoo. Does or will it exist. If so Flat Plane Crank ???
GT350 Engine Specs ?

I would like to know what performance packs would be available for the turbo 4.

I think what some of us are hoping for are any hints of the direct injected Coyote engine.

What's the version of the car I should be ordering to replace my Boss? I want another track car that can be daily driven.

What performance options are available for the 2.3L EB4?*
Curb weight for the 2.3L EB4?
Weight balance of the 2.3L EB4?
Suspension differences between the EB4 and the GT options?**
Any differences in the final drive between the EB4 and the GT?***
Limited slip diff in the EB4?

I would like to also know when we can expect to see the first SVT variant?

I sure hope we get to find out what type of wheel/tire setup the GT will have. Staggered? 275 width tire out back?

In addition to the other member who asked when the new mustang will be available in Germany, I would like to know which engines will be available there and how much they will cost.

Are there plans to promote the new Mustang in any upcoming movies or tv shows?

What are the CO2 emissions of all the engines Ford is offering for the new Stang? (please, in grams/kilometers :-) )
What will be the price range of the base & top-of the line models (for Coupe & Convert)?
When will the 10 speed auto be available in Europe?
Any plans on remaking a real "Coupe" (like the original car was, with a trunk lid :-) ?

when will we see them on dealer lots
when can we order
what are the engine, tranny, diff combos
suspension, wheel, brake options
int & ext colors

Weight distribution? Does Ford really care?
Flat crank rumor?
Comparable to C7 performance?

What will be the largest tire size that will fit under those luscious new hips?

please ask if the 2015 Mustang will be marketed in Spain and indication of Euro prices.
Also glass top option.

Can the Trinity 5.8L engine physically fit in the new S550 chassis?

The following question was not asked, but was certainly insinuated in several threads.
Who the hell dreamed up that stupid touchy-feely "Mustang Inspires" add campaign and where is she working now?

JohnZiraldo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Will Ford actually look at the list?
This is a list of questions that JarStang requested, and from which he will distill his own list to try to ask of the Ford folks during the course of the day on Dec 5.
Sponsored