Sponsored

Join Us Live on Dec 5th for the 2015 Mustang Debut & Give Us Your Questions for Ford

NRMStand

That is a lot of SVT specific questions. I doubt they give away anything on that just yet.
Sponsored

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
This one is minor but not mentioned yet I think…

Will it have the sound tube that runs from the engine bay to the cab?

(I'm hoping not.)

Thed

Future Pre-Runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Miata Club
Here are all the suggested questions provided in this thread so far.

If you get to ask questions, please be sure to ask and publish any information on the S550 at the 50th Celebration.
Specifically,
Will it be present at both venues? Better Be.
How many models? Hopefully as much as possible
Can we get up close and personal? Hopefully
Will it be joining any of the Pony Drives? Hopefully
When will MCA be allowed to publish details on S550 plans? That I can't answer

Will it have real working gauges for water temp and oil pressure? Look at the spy pix of the interior

Dimensions and weights? 3200 LBS for EB model, roughly 200 less for the others
When is first production for NA? IDK
When will Ford be able to release full details on S550 chassis improvements over S197? ASAP
What are the plans for professional racing venues for 2014? Wait until fall

I'd like to know when the SVE versions of the S550 will be available and what those versions are/or will be called and what the specs are, or at least what kind of engine/hp we are looking at. Most likely revealed in the press release

When are the order banks opening / what are the expected delivery dates? Hopefully Summer
Can they confirm or deny the rumor of a powertrain upgrade within the first few years? They won't say
Will the EcoBoost be available in North America initially, or only in the oversees markets? Most likely revealed in the press release

Which Ford engine plant will build the 2.3 Ecoboost? An American one

What will the price be of the base GT? Most likely revealed in the press release
what kind of performance options will we see for said base GT? Most likely revealed in the press release

Technology advancements: specifically what will the new Mustang have in terms of technology for entertainment, connectivity, mobile devices etc. Most likely revealed in the press release
Aftermarket: specifically if Roush/Steeda will have models available for purchase as well if a special edition Shelby perhaps. the aftermarket will release the parts when they feel like it
Ford Racing: specifically if the new Mustang will have Ford Racing support in the aftermarket. It'd be asinine if they didn't. Where would FR be without the Mustang?

When will sales start in Germany? After they start in the USA

I'd like to know if there's a chance of 2 SVT variants at once. They won't say

Assuming three engine configurations are offered, what are the curb weights for each vehicle? Asked already
What is the total length of the vehicle? Most likely revealed in the press release
Will a "track package" be available for all engine configurations? Most likely revealed in the press release

5.8 Trinity - dead or alive ??
If the Trinity is dropped, will there be a performance equivalent (662Hp +) ?
Voodoo. Does or will it exist. If so Flat Plane Crank ???
GT350 Engine Specs? Ford will give you a very vague hint if any

I would like to know what performance packs would be available for the turbo 4. Most likely revealed in the press release

I think what some of us are hoping for are any hints of the direct injected Coyote engine. They won't say

What's the version of the car I should be ordering to replace my Boss? I want another track car that can be daily driven. GT brah

What performance options are available for the 2.3L EB4?*
Curb weight for the 2.3L EB4? already asked
Weight balance of the 2.3L EB4? Most likely revealed in the press release
Suspension differences between the EB4 and the GT options?**
Any differences in the final drive between the EB4 and the GT?***
Limited slip diff in the EB4? Most likely

I would like to also know when we can expect to see the first SVT variant? 2016

I sure hope we get to find out what type of wheel/tire setup the GT will have. Staggered? 275 width tire out back? Most likely revealed in the press release

In addition to the other member who asked when the new mustang will be available in Germany, I would like to know which engines will be available there and how much they will cost. Most likely revealed in the press release

Are there plans to promote the new Mustang in any upcoming movies or tv shows? Duh

What are the CO2 emissions of all the engines Ford is offering for the new Stang? (please, in grams/kilometers :-) ) Who cares
What will be the price range of the base & top-of the line models (for Coupe & Convert)? Most likely revealed in the press release
When will the 10 speed auto be available in Europe? They won't say
Any plans on remaking a real "Coupe" (like the original car was, with a trunk lid :-)? "No comment"

when will we see them on dealer lots Sooner rather than later
when can we order Sooner rather than later
what are the engine, tranny, diff combos Most likely revealed in the press release
suspension, wheel, brake options Most likely revealed in the press release
int & ext colors Most likely revealed in the press release

Weight distribution? Does Ford really care? Yes
Flat crank rumor? Just a rumor
Comparable to C7 performance? For the SVT variants, yes

What will be the largest tire size that will fit under those luscious new hips? Most likely 335's

please ask if the 2015 Mustang will be marketed in Spain and indication of Euro prices. Most likely revealed in the press release
Also glass top option. probably staying

Will this platform be used in a future rwd sedan lincoln? Coupe confirmed, sedan maybe

Can the Trinity 5.8L engine physically fit in the new S550 chassis? Anything's possible, look at the Boss 429

The following question was not asked, but was certainly insinuated in several threads.
Who the hell dreamed up that stupid touchy-feely "Mustang Inspires" add campaign and where is she working now? SHE BETTER BE FIRED
And that was me being an ass. :D:D:D :tsk:

OP
OP
Jarstang

Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
The first post has been updated with what we know regarding the 12/5 events. We'll keep it updated if we get any more info before Thursday. We're getting close folks! :thumbsup:

In case anyone missed it, here is the preview video of the Go Further livestream.

And a little easter egg Twin Turbo found which is the banner the at.ford.com website will show the day before the reveal.

attachment.jpg

Sponsored

chopsui

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT
Here's my question:

Given the heavy promotion and the fact that it's an all-new model, what does Ford project the demand to be in NA for the new Mustang, and what are they doing to make sure they meet the demand?

Does anyone here know what the Flatrock plant's Mustang capacity is, especially now that they're producing Fusions there too?

GTsquid

Here's my question:

Given the heavy promotion and the fact that it's an all-new model, what does Ford project the demand to be in NA for the new Mustang, and what are they doing to make sure they meet the demand?

Does anyone here know what the Flatrock plant's Mustang capacity is, especially now that they're producing Fusions there too?
All I know is the plant is not close to full capacity. They would have to hire more people of course but IIRC I read somewhere the plant itself has capacity to support up to 4 different vehicles being produced there. They could always expand...it would be a good problem to have.

Thed

Future Pre-Runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Miata Club
Even on chaz's renders you can hardly call it a double bubble roof it's so subtle.
I know, but I appreciate the small details over the big picture. It would have been one of those things that made me like the design more.

Plus flat roofs are just so damn boring.

Sponsored

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
The first post has been updated with what we know regarding the 12/5 events. We'll keep it updated if we get any more info before Thursday. We're getting close folks! :thumbsup:

In case anyone missed it, here is the preview video of the Go Further livestream.

And a little easter egg Twin Turbo found which is the banner the at.ford.com website will show the day before the reveal.

attachment.jpg

No Worries...this is a picture of a 2010-12 car cover...

let me ride

Threads
Reaction score
Even with a cover on they won't tease the top of the roof a day before the reveal. I'm telling you this Mustang better be best thing next to sliced bread the way they have kept it under wraps.

OP
OP
Jarstang

Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
For all you New Yorkers who want to attend in person, Ford confirmed for us that the Good Morning America reveal will take place on the ground level outside of their Times Square studios and you will be able to easily see it from the street.

Sabre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2023 Mach 1 with Handling Package
Will probably miss the GMA reveal....but I have a DVR, so I'm covered!

Dec. 5th is going to be a a great day!
Sponsored