Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Convertible Race Red
Vehicle Showcase
Took me 2 minutes. Unplugged the brown connector, snipped the solid green wire on pin 2, taped the ends, plugged it back in and now my Shaker Sound system sounds like it should have. Yes, the Nav voice still works but it more subtle, not “in your face” but still plenty loud out of the rest of the speakers. Wish I had done this a long time ago. Easiest, cheapest radio mod ever! Thanks to everyone for your assistance.
Sponsored

Last edited:

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Took me 2 minutes. Unplugged the green connector, snipped the solid green wire on pin 2, taped the ends, plugged it back in and now my Shaker Sound system sounds like it should have. Yes, the Nav voice still works but it more subtle, not “in your face” but still plenty loud out of the rest of the speakers. Wish I had done this a long time ago. Easiest, cheapest radio mod ever! Thanks to everyone for your assistance.
With Sync3, you can adjust the volume for the car's voice independently of other sources. Maybe you can do the same with MFT if it matters to you.

Smokey613

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
With Sync3, you can adjust the volume for the car's voice independently of other sources. Maybe you can do the same with MFT if it matters to you.
I can set the MFT voice and Nav volume separate from the radio but that’s it. The center speaker injected to much shrillness into the music system and decreased the feeling of stereo separation. The MFT is pretty good but it’s not a Sync 3 but then neither can come close to the uConnect that was in our 2014 RAM Laramie and the new ones are even nicer.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I can set the MFT voice and Nav volume separate from the radio but that’s it. The center speaker injected to much shrillness into the music system and decreased the feeling of stereo separation. The MFT is pretty good but it’s not a Sync 3 but then neither can come close to the uConnect that was in our 2014 RAM Laramie and the new ones are even nicer.
Agree about the uConnect.

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
My hands are average... man-sized. Not ham-fisted or sausage fingered. :)

The hardest part is that initial pull. Start on the passenger side and mind the little trim piece beside the glove box. I couldn't get it to detach from the upper part so I left them attached together and pulled them both off at the same time. It helps to use a pry tool but I just used my fingers to pull the trim. This video may help. Skip to 29 seconds in:

If you lose a clip, it will likely fall in behind the glove box. I had to go fishing for one.
Once that piece is off look inside the dash. To the right side of the speaker is the connector mounted on a bracket. Release the locking tab on the backside and slide it out toward the windshield to unplug. You can use pliers, a screwdriver, or whatever if you like if your meat paws can't get in there. :like:
I'm just curious how hard it is to find a clip if it falls in behind? And how hard it might be to retrieve them? I really want to do this as it seems to be a real improvement even from the little book covering test I did. I just don't want to have to go hunting for parts for a good while if I try this. But I think it really needs doing as I don't like the sound from that cheapass front speaker. Mine's a 301A car as well.

Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
I'm just curious how hard it is to find a clip if it falls in behind? And how hard it might be to retrieve them? I really want to do this as it seems to be a real improvement even from the little book covering test I did. I just don't want to have to go hunting for parts for a good while if I try this. But I think it really needs doing as I don't like the sound from that cheapass front speaker. Mine's a 301A car as well.
I had 2 clips come off. One fell onto the passenger floor, the other went down on the left side of the glove box. I had to open the glove box all the way so I could reach in and grab it. Probably could have got it by going up from the floor. Anyway, the clips are either bright yellow or blue and are pretty easy to spot. They simply pop back onto their respective posts if they come off.

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
I had 2 clips come off. One fell onto the passenger floor, the other went down on the left side of the glove box. I had to open the glove box all the way so I could reach in and grab it. Probably could have got it by going up from the floor. Anyway, the clips are either bright yellow or blue and are pretty easy to spot. They simply pop back onto their respective posts if they come off.
Okay thank you I'll give it a go this weekend with any luck.

Tuxedomouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Grabber Blue Premium PP
popped the dash trim off, pulled the plug off the speaker, and ziptied it up to prevent rattling. 5 minutes, done!

Deleted member 35786

I was PMd for more info on cutting the green wire so I am posting this photo.

20190927_175216.jpg
This green wire is to the center speaker? Where is the harness located at vs removing the dash piece? Always concerned about breaking those clips off.

Smokey613

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
This green wire is to the center speaker? Where is the harness located at vs removing the dash piece? Always concerned about breaking those clips off.
This unit is located behind the driver’s side kick panel. You can simply unplug the indicated connector and snip that green wire. I did mine in less than 10 seconds, took longer to tape off the ends. I cut mine about 2 inches from the connect in case I wanted to reconnect it, but that is never going to happen now. :)

Sponsored

Smokey613

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Nice looking switch. That is what I want for my dyno plug switch. Where did you get it?

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
Yeah so I tried this today using the video as a guide and it didn't go well. I made the mistake of trying to get the lower trim piece off from the main silver dash piece like the guy did but all I did was bust off the damned tab on it that the small trim piece hooks into. I should have done what you did and left them attached to each other. It still goes back on okay just not as secure as it should but at least its not rattling or anything. Its not a big deal other than I hate breaking shit on a new car out of stupidity. Oh well :)

But after that I couldn't get the main piece to come away at all and I tried pulling on the right hand end pretty damned hard. So I gave up on trying for the time being.....I may watch the video again and see what I'm doing different or wrong..... But yeah not what I was hoping for :p

This video may have been better for me to use in hindsight..... He starts around 55 seconds in and he opens the glove box which may be a better approach as a starting point. I didn't open mine when I tried doing this and maybe I should have. He also loosens the panel from the bottom first instead of pulling from the edge right away so I'm going to try that instead.

Last edited:

Smokey613

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I did not want to take my dash apart. I have NO rattles anywhere and did not want to introduce any. I just cut the wire and have no regrets. :)
Sponsored