Sponsored

John Gruden

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I never really liked Gruden's personality. I also didn't think he was good on ESPN as a color commentator at all.

But now that I know that he's at least a bit of a car guy and likes Fords to some degree I like him a little more. He and I have something in common.

I don't care if he gets a car for free or trades favors for it or whatever. Good for him. Getting a GT500 is definitely indicative that you've been very successful in life. No matter how you get it you are a successful person. Congrats to all on here who have or are getting one.
Sponsored

OP
OP

edmd007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350R, 20 GT500 Iconic CFTP
I never really liked Gruden's personality. I also didn't think he was good on ESPN as a color commentator at all.

But now that I know that he's at least a bit of a car guy and likes Fords to some degree I like him a little more. He and I have something in common.

I don't care if he gets a car for free or trades favors for it or whatever. Good for him. Getting a GT500 is definitely indicative that you've been very successful in life. No matter how you get it you are a successful person. Congrats to all on here who have or are getting one.
You know what man, well said. In this moment Iā€™ll practice some more gratitude myself. Only in this country can a man w determination and will pull himself up and out of adversity. Thank you for the reminder.

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Either way...... I had to go through hell and back. You try getting a CFTP without a huge ADM
How do you know he didn't pay an ADM? Dude makes $10M a year, a few thousand more for a car he wants customized is chump change. If he spent $100k on this car, for example, that's equal to only 1% of his yearly salary. That's like someone making $100k a year spending $1k on a clunker.

That said - will he have it restyled when he (eventually) leaves the Raiders for another NFL team? Or maybe just remove the "RAIDERS" sticker on the spoiler, because silver and black does look great together.

IceAge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500, 2022 GT500, 2020 GT Mustang, Raptor,
How do you know he didn't pay an ADM? Dude makes $10M a year, a few thousand more for a car he wants customized is chump change. If he spent $100k on this car, for example, that's equal to only 1% of his yearly salary. That's like someone making $100k a year spending $1k on a clunker.

That said - will he have it restyled when he (eventually) leaves the Raiders for another NFL team? Or maybe just remove the "RAIDERS" sticker on the spoiler, because silver and black does look great together.
Itā€™s too bad John couldnā€™t be as successful as the GT500 LOL. And I know all about John in good ways and bad, I had a lot of respect for him and his work ethics up to his take away Tony Dungy Super Bowl win. I have all my Family in Tampa Florida and for many they donā€™t know after he won the Super Bowl he went on the John Gruden Tour. The Bucs didnā€™t ever get back what they accomplished in that one season John took over from Tony Dungys accomplishments. To the point the team border line turned into the Circus Show and then John gets out just in time to do TV and yeah he did a good job as a ESPN analyst. But the Raiders deal he suckered was kinda crazy but itā€™s the Davis Family which is like wow Al Davis border line created the NFL we know of today and his son I think is lost. But hey their now in Las Vegas and what better place to be with the continued Circus Show the John enjoys.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible

If he bought it with all his own money and paid an ADM like everyone else, then I respect the guy and his enthusiasm for the car. The way the article was presented and read was that it didn't seem to be the case. Face it, its not the first time Ford catered to celebs and allocated a car for the PR of it. But whatever, I certainly didn't loose any sleep over it. I spoke my mind and moved on. Then all of a sudden today I got an alert that you quoted my post. So here I am, once again, speaking my mind.

Sponsored

Big John

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP
It appears to be a spokesman/endorsement deal to me. He is being paid to help market the dealerships. Instead of paying him cash, they are paying him (in whole or in part) with a car.

The man is still working to earn this car. Props to him for making the deal.

BTW, BOOMER SOONER! Forget the NFL, college football is where itā€™s at.