Jmeo's 2020 Shelby American GT500 SE Wide Body Build (+ "Phase 2")

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
She looks SO SWEET Jamie. If it ever quits raining here in East TN, I'm getting mine out next week for sure.
Thank you Jeff. It's been raining here quite a bit lately, which is a good thing, believe it or not. The rain has been washing the salt off the roads, so pretty soon, when there are warm days, I can take it out for a stretch.

Well, assuming I finish the splash guard project before that happens anyway. Being in TN, you are about a month ahead of me. Enjoy!

Tennkid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500, 2007 Tacoma, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX 1200
Thank you Jeff. It's
Shelby with clouds in background.jpg
been raining here quite a bit lately, which is a good thing, believe it or not. The rain has been washing the salt off the roads, so pretty soon, when there are warm days, I can take it out for a stretch.

Well, assuming I finish the splash guard project before that happens anyway. Being in TN, you are about a month ahead of me. Enjoy!
So, just wondering how the splash guard project is going? Hoping to get mine out in next couple days bf it starts raining again here. This is one of my favorite pics on my frequented road called Foothills Parkway (the new section).

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So, just wondering how the splash guard project is going? Hoping to get mine out in next couple days bf it starts raining again here. This is one of my favorite pics on my frequented road called Foothills Parkway (the new section).
Just waiting for them to return from hydrodipping. The mounting points are done, hardware purchased. The splash guards have been designed, cut out, and sent. I hope to get them this weeken, but I won’t hold my breath.

Thats looks like an amazing place to drive, I wish I had anything even close to that here in Massasucketts.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
This is one of my favorite pics..
What a great setting for photos, Jeff and the blue hills were most appropriate. <smile> Decided to pull it into PS and see if I could tweak things a bit.

jeffs-Tennkid-girl.jpg

Tennkid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500, 2007 Tacoma, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX 1200
Kilobravo, thanks man, that looks absolutely Awesome. Next time I make that run (which is probably 60% of my miles), I will look at taking some pics with with my Canon or my phone and stopping down the f-stop to get the blurred background.

Mach VII

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401A, 1989 Lincoln Mk VII LSC
Just waiting for them to return from hydrodipping. The mounting points are done, hardware purchased. The splash guards have been designed, cut out, and sent. I hope to get them this weeken, but I won’t hold my breath.

Thats looks like an amazing place to drive, I wish I had anything even close to that here in Massasucketts.
Pssst come out to the Berkshires and try Mohawk Trail or Mount Greylock sometime :D

IMGP2944.jpeg

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Pssst come out to the Berkshires and try Mohawk Trail or Mount Greylock sometime :D

IMGP2944.jpeg
Wow, that looks like a spectacular place too!

CobaltFilly

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Davis
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7L V6 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Shout out to @kilobravo for the great edit of this photo. Thanks buddy :clap:

PS; In order for me to be able to upload photos here, I have to screen shot every one of them, otherwise the site kicks them out when uploading as too large. Imagine what you could have done with the actual photo……

jaimes-se.jpg
I wonder if they would let us send our little girl in for widebody! Beautiful!

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
To my knowledge, anyone can send their car in for Widebody. That said, I can tell you the wait is upwards of two years, last I heard.

CobaltFilly

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Davis
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7L V6 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
To my knowledge, anyone can send their car in for Widebody. That said, I can tell you the wait is upwards of two years, last I heard.
Incredible! Not that we would waste such money on this car, but that is crazy!

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Kilobravo, thanks man, that looks absolutely Awesome.
Glad you liked it, TK. I'm a Canon fan, too but like nearly everyone else on the planet, I use the dang phone camera 98 percent of the time. I have a 7D with decent glass but I am salivating over an R8.

And, if you do get around to shooting the location with your big camera, please post them. Canon has THE best color science in the marketplace.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
That was the case at one time, but I'm not sure anymore. You'd have to consult with SA on that vintage of S550.

Quite a few years back (long before the S550 GT500 broke cover), I was considering having my '15 widebodied at SA. FYI, doing so at that time without a Super Snake package didn't net a CSM number, but did get tagged as modified by SA and included in the registry. From there, my grand scheme was to send the car to Fathouse for twin turbos.

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Got the splash guard that I made back from hydro-dipping today. Try as I may, I cannot get any pictures to show just how incredible they came out. They look so good you would swear they are carbon fiber, no joke.

IMG_0620.jpeg

These are dipped on both sides in the direction needed to align with the SA carbon fiber rocker extensions, and are clear coated with flex agent so they are bendable.

IMG_0625.jpeg

IMG_0623.jpeg

IMG_0626.jpeg

IMG_0624.jpeg

My guy sent me these as he was working his magic. I thought I would include them because they give you a better idea how they came out than the pictures do. Hopefully they are visible once posted.

I am hoping to get them installed tomorrow so I can put the wheels back on and get her on the ground for the season.

Last edited:

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
I am hoping to get them installed tomorrow
I've watched a few vids on hydrodipping and that is one amazing concept, Jaime. But getting the graphics, colors, and dimensions correct is BFM to me. SOMEONE had a monumentailly excellent idea to try this in the first place and figuring OUT "how" was genius.

I could see the photography difficulty but after saving one clip to disk and then opening it, I was able to zoom in and see the work more better. That's when I was able to really see them.

The result on your splash guards is CRAZY accurate and I totally agree, they look exactly correct and I'm thinking that from a few feet away, you will never be able to tell that they are not solid CF. Homerun, amigo!

As an aside, I was surprised that you were able to upload 8mb .MOV files. I think The limit for image files is 5mb but there must be different limits for each file type but glad you were able to duit so we could see the actual look.

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I've watched a few vids on hydrodipping and that is one amazing concept, Jaime. But getting the graphics, colors, and dimensions correct is BFM to me. SOMEONE had a monumentailly excellent idea to try this in the first place and figuring OUT "how" was genius.

I could see the photography difficulty but after saving one clip to disk and then opening it, I was able to zoom in and see the work more better. That's when I was able to really see them.

The result on your splash guards is CRAZY accurate and I totally agree, they look exactly correct and I'm thinking that from a few feet away, you will never be able to tell that they are not solid CF. Homerun, amigo!

As an aside, I was surprised that you were able to upload 8mb .MOV files. I think The limit for image files is 5mb but there must be different limits for each file type but glad you were able to duit so we could see the actual look.

I agree. It's going to be really hard to tell the difference up close and next to the car. I suspect nobody will be able to tell. Before I got the real carbon fiber rocker panel extensions piece during Phase Two, I had sent the ones off my car to be hydro-dipped, and not a single person noticed over the past year or more that I had them on the car.

Hydro-dipping has improved a lot since it started, but what really matters is how skilled you are. The person I send my pieces to in California is the best, in my opinion.

I was also surprised I could upload those videos. I had saved them from his text messages, so they were in my camera roll when I made the post. I thought I'd give it a try, and it worked out, to my surprise.