Sponsored

JLT S550 V6 CAI

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Just installed mine and I can say I am pretty happy with it. First is the sound, it compliments the stock GT exhaust very well. Oh it also looks really nice and a little silly with the pre-filter which I like. It was tough trying to get the reducer on the intake pipe. Getting the stock box out was also tough. The stock air box round clip near the bolt was doing its job really well, it really held the stock box in place. Overall I'm pretty happy getting one.

Where do I stick that carb sticker? On the pipe to the throttle body?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Vinny@JLTPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Just installed mine and I can say I am pretty happy with it. First is the sound, it compliments the stock GT exhaust very well. Oh it also looks really nice and a little silly with the pre-filter which I like. It was tough trying to get the reducer on the intake pipe. Getting the stock box out was also tough. The stock air box round clip near the bolt was doing its job really well, it really held the stock box in place. Overall I'm pretty happy getting one.

Where do I stick that carb sticker? On the pipe to the throttle body?
I think most people stick it on the heat shield. I believe it's only needed in California however.

cyclonetron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang v6
Vehicle Showcase
How does this intake draw in air? Does the heatshield have an opening to the air duct in the front of the grill?

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
How does this intake draw in air? Does the heatshield have an opening to the air duct in the front of the grill?
It uses the stock air duct. I have this intake. It's a good piece.

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd

Sponsored

cyclonetron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang v6
Vehicle Showcase
Worth it buying one of these used without a tune? Or wait and buy new when I’ll be tuning?

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Won't make a huge difference either way, open element ones are more of a sound/visual change. Otherwise you can change the filter for a better flowing one in the OEM box and probably have cooler temperatures (especially when it's sitting).

cyclonetron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang v6
Vehicle Showcase
Won't make a huge difference either way, open element ones are more of a sound/visual change. Otherwise you can change the filter for a better flowing one in the OEM box and probably have cooler temperatures (especially when it's sitting).
Gotcha. Yeah I have an aFe dry flow drop in. I’ll stick with that until I decide to tune.

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
Gotcha. Yeah I have an aFe dry flow drop in. I’ll stick with that until I decide to tune.
There is a couple things you can do to the stock airbox for cheap to basically make it into an aftermarket CAI and receive the same gains and get the "cool" sounds.

cyclonetron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang v6
Vehicle Showcase
There is a couple things you can do to the stock airbox for cheap to basically make it into an aftermarket CAI and receive the same gains and get the "cool" sounds.
Sir, I am entrigued. Can you fill me in on such secrets?

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
Replace the MIT part of the tube with something more
Add drop in filter (already done by you), delete the baffle box photo 2, replace MIT with cheap ebay piece photo 1, delete pvc pipe, and put on breather filter on crankcase photo 1.

These photos are from zacks build thread. Look there for a little more clarity. Its easy to do and cheap. Plus gaining pretty much all u can compated to a CAI costing hundreds more.
IMG_20190120_185103.jpg
IMG_20190105_144725.jpg
Sponsored