JLT intake

S550Joe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I know that your not supposed to drive with a JLT intake without a tune, but I just installed one along with some longtubes on my ‘18 gt and I plan on getting a tune in the next week or so. However I also just did a wire tuck in my engine bay and would like to make sure everything is working properly before trying to get it tuned. Would it be okay to let the car idle with the JLT intake or should I just put the stock one back in to test the wiring?
Sponsored

Goterr0r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Put the stock back on. The JLT has a larger MAF housing that has to be adjusted for. Its a quick swap. Just put the stocker on for a few minutes.

OP
OP
S550Joe

S550Joe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Put the stock back on. The JLT has a larger MAF housing that has to be adjusted for. Its a quick swap. Just put the stocker on for a few minutes.
Yea I figured probably better off safe than sorry. Was just having a lazy moment

Tom@Lethal

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
As stated above, just throw the stock one on while you’re testing eveything. Once it’s all done post a picture of that engine bay and give us a shout when you’re looking to get it tuned. ☠🤘🏻
Sponsored