JLT CAI & tune

OP
OP

Mustang33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I ordered my cai from Vinny at JLT In gloss black it'll be here soon. Did you have to use the stock air box or the JLT? I have a full length header and off road x pipe coming from American headers. Can't wait
Sounds awesome, the Jlt CAI is a complete unit that replaces the stock intake
Sponsored

madweazl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Why doesn't ford perform the additional tuning from factory to increase the HP? What's different from the JLT CA I you installed versus what ford installed ?
They had performance targets in mind and produced components to compliment those targets. Since the intake they designed was sufficient to produce the performance they were after, it went to full production. Everything is driven by cost, schedule, and performance.

eric n

HNIC/Head Ninja in Charge
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ericnolan.com
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
16 Shelby RR B&W stripes GT350 G0249
They had performance targets in mind and produced components to compliment those targets. Since the intake they designed was sufficient to produce the performance they were after, it went to full production. Everything is driven by cost, schedule, and performance.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that engine longevity is also an issue. They have a financial liability if these motors are pushed to the ragged edge, so they dial some back. yes???

Sponsored

gravedgr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Tagging this for later interest :)

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
JLT CAI & tune

What tuner system did you use for tune?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
MMM, when I finally get my R, it will be nice to have JLT just down the road from me. I wonder what E85/intake/tune would do.

Another easy 20hp.. Guessing anywhere between 515-520whp on a Dynojet

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I'd be interested in the stock setup if you're not planning to keep it.... :cool:

Vinny@JLTPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Hey guys.

We'll have more info very soon on these kits, they are currently available for sale in the standard black textured plastic. We'll have additional painted units and hydrocarbon units available in roughly 6 weeks. The painted tubes go through an additional process to ensure paint stays on the tubes forever. We will be offering our own tuner package with the SCT X4 as soon as we get a chance to get the file dialed in among a few car's.

Here's the standard black plastic kit link.

http://jlttruecoldair.com/ZenCart/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=510_512

We are testing another GT350 this Sunday with the same intake and tune.

Tuning was done by Brent at DTP Racing in Chesapeake, VA, he's done all of our custom tuning for the past 10 years.

Tuning was done with an SCT X4, car was tuned on 93 octane.

We will have a video up very shortly of a few of the pulls, and a completely video of both cars next week!

Lethal Performance also has a kit in hand and is working on tuning in the next day or two with Lund Racing. Looking forward to more results! It's what we do!

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Hey guys.

We'll have more info very soon on these kits, they are currently available for sale in the standard black textured plastic. We'll have additional painted units and hydrocarbon units available in roughly 6 weeks. The painted tubes go through an additional process to ensure paint stays on the tubes forever. We will be offering our own tuner package with the SCT X4 as soon as we get a chance to get the file dialed in among a few car's.

Here's the standard black plastic kit link.

http://jlttruecoldair.com/ZenCart/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=510_512

We are testing another GT350 this Sunday with the same intake and tune.

Tuning was done by Brent at DTP Racing in Chesapeake, VA, he's done all of our custom tuning for the past 10 years.

Tuning was done with an SCT X4, car was tuned on 93 octane.

We will have a video up very shortly of a few of the pulls, and a completely video of both cars next week!

Lethal Performance also has a kit in hand and is working on tuning in the next day or two with Lund Racing. Looking forward to more results! It's what we do!

Thanks for the detailed follow up!