Sponsored

It's Official: Corvette C8, 0-60MPH in 2.9, Qtr Mile 11.3 @ 121 MPH

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6
What difference does it make, they Happily took American tax dollars.
He had no idea that Ford took the money. He is just trying to save face. Anyone who read and understood those documents and what transpired would not make the statement he originally made. And the fact that he is trying to dance around what he said further shows that he doesn't understand what took place. He's just Googling and picking the top result and skimming thru it to make it look like he is well read on the subject. LOL!!
Sponsored

revinto7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 shelby-gt 14 camaro SS 1LE
Maybe from a dead stop it will jump ahead a bit but from 10-20mph the gt500 will easily have it lol
then the Z06 comes out and its OVER!! not even a Ford GT will Compete!!!

OP
OP
YOLO

YOLO

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06, Lexus GS350
He had no idea that Ford took the money. He is just trying to save face.

Anyone who read and understood those documents and what transpired would not make the statement he originally made. And the fact that he is trying to dance around what he said further shows that he doesn't understand what took place. He's just Googling and picking the top result and skimming thru it to make it look like he is well read on the subject. LOL!!
IMHO I don't care what American auto companies got Loans. If it helped save the american auto industry, save tens of thousands of jobs and keep the economy from crashing, then it was worth it.

But, for anyone to say Ford did NOT receive Billions and Billions and Billions of US dollars from the US Fed Gov't is a damn liar or just extremely naive and can't read Engrish. :curse:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/joannm...y-the-answer-might-surprise-you/#2ec3539b6735

Aug 29, 2012

It’s been three years since General Motors and Chrysler filed for bankruptcy, but with the political season in full swing, the two presidential candidates have put the auto industry bailouts back in the public eye, at least through the November election.

Yet there’s only one Detroit automaker still in hock to U.S. taxpayers and – guess what? – it’s not GM or Chrysler.

Ford Motor owes the government $5.9 billion it borrowed in June 2009, the same month GM filed for bankruptcy.

By Sept. 15, Ford needs to start paying that money back. In a government filing, the carmaker said $577 million is due within the next year, and the full amount must be paid off by June 15, 2022.

The Obama Administration, dreaming of a million electric cars on the road by 2015, loaned Ford the money to help it pay for the development of hybrids and EVs, and to retool its factories to produce smaller, cleaner vehicles.

While not characterized as a “bailout” by any means, let’s be honest: Ford’s loan – received at a critical time when other sources of financing weren’t available to automakers or their suppliers – no doubt helped the carmaker Ford survive the industry crisis and contributed to its strong market position today, especially after the Obama Administration finalized tougher fuel economy rules this week.

Indeed, lest we forget: the feds in 2009 were handing out fistfuls of cash to bolster the auto industry, beyond the $64 billion used to bail out GM and Chrysler. Treasury staked another $18.7 billion on rescuing the companies’ auto lending affiliates (it still owns 74% of Ally, formerly known as GMAC).

And the Energy Department doled out billions more to Ford and others to preserve auto-making jobs in the U.S. while steering the industry toward cleaner vehicles.

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
IMHO I don't care what American auto companies got Loans. If it helped save the american auto industry, save tens of thousands of jobs and keep the economy from crashing, then it was worth it.

But, for anyone to say Ford did NOT receive Billions and Billions and Billions of US dollars from the US Fed Gov't is a damn liar or just extremely naive and can't read Engrish. :curse:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/joannm...y-the-answer-might-surprise-you/#2ec3539b6735

Aug 29, 2012

It’s been three years since General Motors and Chrysler filed for bankruptcy, but with the political season in full swing, the two presidential candidates have put the auto industry bailouts back in the public eye, at least through the November election.

Yet there’s only one Detroit automaker still in hock to U.S. taxpayers and – guess what? – it’s not GM or Chrysler.

Ford Motor owes the government $5.9 billion it borrowed in June 2009, the same month GM filed for bankruptcy.

By Sept. 15, Ford needs to start paying that money back. In a government filing, the carmaker said $577 million is due within the next year, and the full amount must be paid off by June 15, 2022.

The Obama Administration, dreaming of a million electric cars on the road by 2015, loaned Ford the money to help it pay for the development of hybrids and EVs, and to retool its factories to produce smaller, cleaner vehicles.

While not characterized as a “bailout” by any means, let’s be honest: Ford’s loan – received at a critical time when other sources of financing weren’t available to automakers or their suppliers – no doubt helped the carmaker Ford survive the industry crisis and contributed to its strong market position today, especially after the Obama Administration finalized tougher fuel economy rules this week.

Indeed, lest we forget: the feds in 2009 were handing out fistfuls of cash to bolster the auto industry, beyond the $64 billion used to bail out GM and Chrysler. Treasury staked another $18.7 billion on rescuing the companies’ auto lending affiliates (it still owns 74% of Ally, formerly known as GMAC).

And the Energy Department doled out billions more to Ford and others to preserve auto-making jobs in the U.S. while steering the industry toward cleaner vehicles.

According to Forbes Ford owes 3.5 billion to be paid off by 2022. Really the fact is, all three borrowed money to stay afloat or try and stay ahead.

ALUSA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AL
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, 2017 Cadillac CTS 2.0T AWD
The c8 wont hook on the street just like a gt500 wont their measurement is on a prepped drag strip. From a roll which basically 100% of street racing is, the gt500 will obliterate it so hard it will be hilarious. With drag radials the gt500 will do 0-60 better on the street than the c8. The gt500 will trap 10-15 mph higher than the c8 at the dragstrip. With a pulley e85 and tune the gt500 will make an easy 900+ rwhp, c8 will never make over 700 without a built engine + power adder. The c8 is so overhyped that its hilarious. I cant wait to race one in my tune only 10r80 GT lol.
C8 will hook better on the street than the GT 500 due to weight distribution. 60 rear and 40 front. While GT500 is spinning its wheels the C8 would be 2 cars ahead already and you reached the speed limit of the public safety.

Sponsored

ALUSA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AL
Vehicle(s)
c8 z51 + e85 is 70k at very least, 70k gt would run 7's ABSOLUTELY BLENDING THE C8 , WOODCHIPPER STYLE
Mustang GT is the best performance bargain.
And be an unbearable car to live with day to day. Also a 70k c8 will be worth 55 to 60k in a year, a 70k gt will be worth 20 to 25k in a year. To each their own.
This. Unless you sell your upgrades separately and put the car back to stock, thats the only way. You lose so much money on the stang and reliability.

Last edited:

ALUSA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AL
Vehicle(s)
I was saying the GT is the best value per dollar...

The GT500 will hold its value though better than a base c8 IMO but we will see
GT500 should hold its value if it is a limited production. A base GT PP with 10 speed auto is the best performance bargain in the world. Brand new you can get one below 35 grand. Nobody can deny that.

BigBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang GT - 10spd Auto, Performance Pack Lvl 1
And u have NO warranty

Now what happens if the C8 guy E85 tunes his car...10.70 and u get slaughtered
Yes, I get slaughtered by a car costing almost 40k more. Put $15k into the mustang and run 9's all day. There is no financial argument you can make that the C8 corvette is a better price for performance for dragging. Sorry... and I never said the Mustang was a warrantied faster car with mods, nor would the vette be when it "slaughters" a GT on E85.

There is a difference btw in saying which car has higher resale after mods, which car is the best price-performance ratio for a drag strip and which is the prettiest/most exotic for a set price cap in a set quarter mile range. Guess thats not obvious though, please continue the butt hurt.

Last edited:

BigBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500 should hold its value if it is a limited production. A base GT PP with 10 speed auto is the best performance bargain in the world. Brand new you can get one below 35 grand. Nobody can deny that.
100% true and my case and point. The 10spd GT, for dragging, is price-performance wise unbeatable for the invested amount.

Rjames18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RJ
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Orange Fury
2.9 0-60 is like a 1.6 60 foot time on drag strip, that shite doesnt happen on streets but we will see. Steeda pulled a wheelie with a 1.53 60 foot on a 2018 on a drag strip
Actually that does happen on the street... I do a lot of no prep/street racing in my 900+whp mustang.. trust me my car does better than a 1.6 60' lol.
Pulling a wheelie does not mean your fast. I do mid 1.3 60's everytime but do not pull the wheels.
It's pretty easy to pull the wheels with a transbrake btw.

Sponsored

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
Actually that does happen on the street... I do a lot of no prep/street racing in my 900+whp mustang.. trust me my car does better than a 1.6 60' lol.
Pulling a wheelie does not mean your fast. I do mid 1.3 60's everytime but do not pull the wheels.
It's pretty easy to pull the wheels with a transbrake btw.
yea they have slicks, and do 200 foot long burnouts like 10 times in a row then pour down 40 gallons of trackbite or VHT. its basically a dragstrip at that point, they wouldnt hook for shit on a normal road. no non-awd car is pulling 1.6 on a normal street with street tires, especially with a transbrake launch.

Last edited:

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
What difference does it make, they Happily took American tax dollars.
They did not actually go bankrupt like GM, there is a huge difference.
He had no idea that Ford took the money. He is just trying to save face. Anyone who read and understood those documents and what transpired would not make the statement he originally made. And the fact that he is trying to dance around what he said further shows that he doesn't understand what took place. He's just Googling and picking the top result and skimming thru it to make it look like he is well read on the subject. LOL!!
I knew this already, Ford never went bankrupt, pre 2009 Ford stock still exists. Ford accepted the loan that they didnt even ask for because of valid competitive advantage reasons , they didnt declare bankruptcy. Do you guys really think what happened to ford and what happened to GM is the same? Its not the same. The bailouts may have actually hurt Ford more than it helped by keeping its competition afloat.

If you bought 100k worth of Ford in 1981 you would now have $~800k
If you bought 100k worth of GM in 1981, you would now have $0

"The main purpose of the bailout was to save jobs at GM. But GM had to slash its employment and production anyway. Toyota and Honda continued to increase their U.S. factories, providing jobs for American auto workers.

If there had been no bailout, Ford, Toyota, and Honda would have picked up even more market share. Since they had U.S. plants, they would have increased jobs for Americans once the recession was over. The loss of GM would be like the loss of Pan Am, TWA, and other companies that had a strong American heritage but lost their competitiveness. It would have perhaps tugged at the heartstrings of America but not really hurt the economy. As a result, the auto industry bailout was not critical to the U.S. economy, like the rescue of AIG or the banking system."

Last edited:

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Yes, I get slaughtered by a car costing almost 40k more. Put $15k into the mustang and run 9's all day. There is no financial argument you can make that the C8 corvette is a better price for performance for dragging. Sorry... and I never said the Mustang was a warrantied faster car with mods, nor would the vette be when it "slaughters" a GT on E85.

There is a difference btw in saying which car has higher resale after mods, which car is the best price-performance ratio for a drag strip and which is the prettiest/most exotic for a set price cap in a set quarter mile range. Guess thats not obvious though, please continue the butt hurt.

I’m not butt hurt at all
Let’s see 40k more?

Hmmm, a premium GT

1LT Z51

So your math is a bit off

Not saying your wrong because the Vette is still 17k more and there’s no denying with that much coin u can make the GT run circles around the Vette.

But to say a tuned in E85 with no warranty is better than a warrantied C8 when they both basically run the same ET at that point is IMO silly

You may also disagree that at a car show or pulling into a gas station most people would not notice our GT if the Vette was sitting next it

All I’m saying is for a fully warrantied vehicle with the looks of an exotic at this price it can’t be beat

I bought a GT/301a/3.15. Why, because it’s beautiful, it’s fast and it’s priced nicely.

But come on pal, u gotta admit
The C8 is a game changer

Not argument here, I don’t wanna come at you or vice versa

BigBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m not butt hurt at all
Let’s see 40k more?

Hmmm, a premium GT

1LT Z51

So your math is a bit off

Not saying your wrong because the Vette is still 17k more and there’s no denying with that much coin u can make the GT run circles around the Vette.

But to say a tuned in E85 with no warranty is better than a warrantied C8 when they both basically run the same ET at that point is IMO silly

You may also disagree that at a car show or pulling into a gas station most people would not notice our GT if the Vette was sitting next it

All I’m saying is for a fully warrantied vehicle with the looks of an exotic at this price it can’t be beat

I bought a GT/301a/3.15. Why, because it’s beautiful, it’s fast and it’s priced nicely.

But come on pal, u gotta admit
The C8 is a game changer

Not argument here, I don’t wanna come at you or vice versa

I simply said that for what you can get a GT for, there is a monstrous gap in price that doesnt make sense if you intend to drag the car, warranty or not. Who cares about warranty if you paid $17-40k whatever more for the other car. For 17k, i could replace my entire drivetrain brand new for that much savings, if i even had to if Ford declined the warranty and you managed to blow up the engine, trans and rearend running E85 on a safe tune (not likely in any imagination).

Which car is a better deal performance per dollar invested to achieve a desired 1/4 mile performance? GT hands down (my original point)

Which car is a better deal performance per dollar despite warranty loss? GT easily, given the cost of fixing it if you break something and the known reliability of the car all motor and cost of repairs. Only factor is that its out of pocket cash vs a loan payment, which may impact some more than others.

Which car is prettier? Different discussion.

What car holds residual value better? Different discussion.

Which car is more useful daily? Different discussion

Which car is safer? Different discussion

Which car looks exotic? Different discussion (vette obv)

The C8 is cool I agree with you and def a big step for vettes, but i would never buy it to drag it vs the GT i drive now. If the overall package of the car is more attractive for your intended purposes, thats not what I was saying at all unless you're looking for a drag car for cheapest bang/buck as per my posts.

BigBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I simply said that for what you can get a GT for, there is a monstrous gap in price that doesnt make sense if you intend to drag the car, warranty or not. Who cares about warranty if you paid $17-40k whatever more for the other car. For 17k, i could replace my entire drivetrain brand new for that much savings, if i even had to if Ford declined the warranty and you managed to blow up the engine, trans and rearend running E85 on a safe tune (not likely in any imagination).

Which car is a better deal performance per dollar invested to achieve a desired 1/4 mile performance? GT hands down (my original point)

Which car is a better deal performance per dollar despite warranty loss? GT easily, given the cost of fixing it if you break something and the known reliability of the car all motor and cost of repairs. Only factor is that its out of pocket cash vs a loan payment, which may impact some more than others.

Which car is prettier? Different discussion.

What car holds residual value better? Different discussion.

Which car is more useful daily? Different discussion

Which car is safer? Different discussion

Which car looks exotic? Different discussion (vette obv)

The C8 is cool I agree with you and def a big step for vettes, but i would never buy it to drag it vs the GT i drive now. If the overall package of the car is more attractive for your intended purposes, thats not what I was saying at all unless you're looking for a drag car for cheapest bang/buck as per my posts.
I'll add that with E85 all motor, basically knock free 100% of the time per my logs and cooling effect of the gas, unlikely to blow the engine really with a known/reputable tuner unless you're a moron and over-revving it. Highest likelihood is maybe replacing a fuel pump and or injectors and sensors sooner due to the E content. I already priced all new OEM injectors, pump and sensors relevant in-line and its about $1500 bucks my price, if they all failed. Havent heard of a single instance of this occurring but I know the risk involved if needed.
Sponsored