YOLO

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06, Lexus GS350
The comparison stems from them both being the latest and greatest, not from the Camaro's irrevelance.

You better believe there will be comparisons between the ZL1/ZL1 1LE and GT500 as soon as the auto mags can get their hands on one.
That will be a good read.

I think the GT500 will win the drag race but not so much the road course.

Both cars are already at the upper limits of performance.

I still think the ZL1 1LE is a great performance car at an amazing price.

I just can't get past the look.

GT500 looks way better.

If all things were equal I'll take the GT500. :rockon:
Sponsored

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
70k properly spent on any 2015 + auto GT including purchase price will go low 8s if not 7s
And I have seen a Prius run 8's and a bronco run 9's what's your point? If I threw enough money at a soap box racer I could make it faster, but what's the point? Your sole argument is you can build a car to go faster well no crap, but 99% of the population isn't going to do do that. That stock c8 will turn more heads than a mustang with 30k in mods.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Idk if I would want to daily a car that runs 8's.
My stock 2016 runs 8s, and doesn't need even close to a quarter mile to do it!

It's all a matter of perspective.

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
And I have seen a Prius run 8's and a bronco run 9's what's your point? If I threw enough money at a soap box racer I could make it faster, but what's the point? Your sole argument is you can build a car to go faster well no crap, but 99% of the population isn't going to do do that. That stock c8 will turn more heads than a mustang with 30k in mods.
My point is the gt is still a nice modern car running 8s for the same price as a c8 running 11's

go buy your base c8 though and have no 1/4 mile potential without a built engine swap and power adder, and get beat by mildly modded half price GT's , not be able to carry 3 passengers or luggage, etc. I really cant wait until the c8 is out, so much bullshit hype. I dont look even once at base c7s or c6s, they arent special and their hp potential is lower than a 2015+ 5.0. I had a 630 rwhp 630 torque LSA cts-v and my 18 a10 5.0 is faster than it with just an e85 tune.

GT500 will be so much more rare than these base c8s , its so stupid you guys glorifying this mass produced base model vette. They wont hold value compared to a GT500.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
My point is the gt is still a nice modern car running 8s for the same price as a c8 running 11's
It's a nice car, that I agree with. But then I can make the argument that Ferrari sucks, Lamborghini sucks, koenigsegg sucks, etc. Your focusing on price and hypothetical 1/4 mile times. Well if your supposed 8 sec car is better than a 60k car cause it runs 11's then it must be a million time better than any Ferrari that cant even manage 9's. For that matter the McLaren 720s that runs a 9.9 stock is just a terrible automotive engineering disaster.

Is any of this sinking in? Please tell me you understand how ridiculous your argument against the c8 is?

Also I don't give a crap about the 1/4. Anything under a 12.5 is hauling as imo.

Sponsored

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
not be able to carry 3 passengers or luggage, etc. I really cant wait until the c8 is out, so much bullshit hype. I dont look even once at base c7s or c6s, they arent special and their hp potential is lower than a 2015+ 5.0. I had a 630 rwhp 630 torque LSA cts-v and my 18 a10 5.0 is faster than it with just an e85 tune.

GT500 will be so much more rare than these base c8s , its so stupid you guys glorifying this mass produced base model vette. They wont hold value compared to a GT500.
So who cares about a back seat, if I want that I'll get a charger or some other car with actual leg room for adults and not a mustang or a vette. Agreed c7 and below suck no argument here. Um were you not just glorifying a mustang gt?

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It all comes down to what you want to do with the car. The mustang will probably always be the top dog hp per dollar wise and thats admirable more than anything IMO.

Want to show off money and stress out every time driving your car? get a ferrari or a lambo. Koenigesegg is awesome but I wouldnt even drive it since they are like 1 million each...

Also Ford didnt need to get bailed out by the government. GM should be called Government Motors now.... Disgraceful, they shouldnt exist.

And I do value a backseat at times. also much more storage space in a mustang than C8 I can carry two tires or 3 passengers to the track if I want.

I also think more people race in a straight line than around corners especially on the street no one races around corners and most races are roll races.. gt500 will decimate the c8 at the strip too.

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Flat plain crank! GT350 sub said Ford can’t improve power because of FPC. They had to go cross plain.

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They did.
Their stock never went to 0 like GM's, maybe they had some help but they didnt get completely bought out and investors didnt lose 100% and they still own their stock unlike pre 2009 GM investors.

Sponsored

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
They did.
yup 9 billion dollar loan. but cant argue with the guys here. this has been up before. someone will spin it some how to make it seem that Ford asking the goverment for 9 billion is any different then the others taking from TARP

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
Their stock never went to 0 like GM's, maybe they had some help but they didnt get completely bought out and investors didnt lose 100% and they still own their stock unlike pre 2009 GM investors.
yeah..... Ford stock is doing amazing. damn near penny stock

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yup 9 billion dollar loan. but cant argue with the guys here. this has been up before. someone will spin it some how to make it seem that Ford asking the goverment for 9 billion is any different then the others taking from TARP
Ford stock never went to 0. its a fact. Original investors still have stock unlike GM.

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang

go buy your base c8 though and have no 1/4 mile potential without a built engine swap and power adder, and get beat by mildly modded half price GT's , not be able to carry 3 passengers or luggage, etc. I really cant wait until the c8 is out, so much bullshit hype. I dont look even once at base c7s or c6s, they arent special and their hp potential is lower than a 2015+ 5.0. I had a 630 rwhp 630 torque LSA cts-v and my 18 a10 5.0 is faster than it with just an e85 tune.

Value? 25k ADM over on 500 vs 20 under on Vette. Bet not

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Value? 25k ADM over on 500 vs 20 under on Vette. Bet not
I was saying the GT is the best value per dollar...

The GT500 will hold its value though better than a base c8 IMO but we will see
Sponsored