Sponsored

It's October. Who's still on summer tires...

Wolfman625

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT in Deep impact Blue
I'm on mickey tompson and they are staying on. Have my truck but will still drive stang most the time. Just won't do anything to stupid. And if it's really that bad I just won't go anywhere :)
Sponsored

wag4513

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Convertable
I'm planning on getting all season tires for my car. In the spring I will decide whether to put the summer tires back on or try and sell them. The weather can be unpredictable here in Oklahoma.

73MachI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT M6 PP ESP Magnetic
In Southern Ontario, I always switch my DD to winter tires at the end of October. FWIW the Pirelli P-Zeros were verging on slippery at 50F on wet roads today. The Mustang GT-PP is off the road after October until May.

CommyO

Is it a v8?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 EB Premium PP
Living in Cali, I will 99% leave them on year round. I HATE the heat here though. I would easily trade getting snow tires or all terrain tires for some cold weather.

R3v

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT MT & Recaro
Central Europe here, going to change next week. Already bought Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4. Those stock Pirellis P Zero are awful on wet roads.

Sponsored

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
It is always summer in Louisiana. LOL. We have brief stints of cold but then temps return above 60 degrees. So a tire change would be futile.

croyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E36 323
Makes me laugh that they are fitting these tyres for us in rainy cold Britain.

After paying a lot more for our Mustangs then you lot in the US, we'll still have to spend $1600 or more to swap the tyres to something more suitable and then we'll have the expense of our first gas fill up :D

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I try to wait as close to thanksgiving as possible before switching over to my winter tires.

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
Makes me laugh that they are fitting these tyres for us in rainy cold Britain.

After paying a lot more for our Mustangs then you lot in the US, we'll still have to spend $1600 or more to swap the tyres to something more suitable and then we'll have the expense of our first gas fill up :D
On the bright side on this side of the pond a lot of Mustang owners change the rims/tires out anyway. We figured you guys did too. :D

croyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E36 323
On the bright side on this side of the pond a lot of Mustang owners change the rims/tires out anyway. We figured you guys did too. :D
Seems to be a newish thing over here and only with enthusiasts. The average driver wouldn't even know how many cylinders their engine has or what wheels are driven.

Living in a tiny apartment means no space for storing extra wheels/tyres but I'm moving to somewhere bigger just so I have space for the Mustang :D

Means a much longer commute to work but hey, I've wanted one of these since I was a kid.

Sponsored

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
Maryland here and the high today should be about 51*. I'll be switching to Continental Extreme Contact DWS 06. I'm trying to get all I can out of the Pirellis though as they still have good tread. I need to do it soon though!

RegDir

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT Premium w/ PP
Been running summer tires for probably 15 years now and I usually put 'em away on around Dec 1. Gonna try a set of UHP AS tires this winter, car is too much fun for regular ASs or winter tires.

Could never park my performance car for the winter, truck is ok for bad weather but sucks on clear, dry days

Detector

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Here in Kansas mine will go in the garage and stay until spring or exceptionally nice run of weather.

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
Louisiana - High today 79 F - Low 50 F. In December/January 60-70 F Temps are not unusual with brief dips into the 20-30 F. But usually 60 or greater. We don't have beaters here because we drive the same car year round. And use the same tires too. :D