Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Hello all,

So after lurking for almost 4 years I’ve finally decided to take the plunge and post. I purchased “Ruby” in 2015. She was an Ecoboost Premium that I loved dearly. She was a DD from Central NJ to East Philadelphia for 3+ years and 45K miles. It served me well as a fun car that averaged over 30 MPG. After retiring and moving to Myrtle Beach, SC in August 2017 it basically became a garage queen. Only 5K miles in the next year including a number of trips up North.

Now as much as I loved Ruby I have always wanted for a GT. My first car was a 66 Fairlane GTA 390 and since then I’ve never had another V8. I was never really in a position to have a “fun" car and being in sales always meant having a 4 door sedan. So I started looking at 18’s and did so until they announced the Bullitt. As a fan of the movie and the car I thought this was going to be it. At least my right knee did. The left, not so much.

Now fast forward to March of this year. When the 0% / 72 became available I decided to start looking in earnest. My first choice was an Orange Fury GT but it was already sold when my dealer inquired. I then found a Velocity Blue GT. Unfortunately it had just been damaged in an accident while sitting on the dealer lot. Zero for two. At this point I decided to up my $$ limit a bit and starting looking at California Specials. My dealer found an Oxford white one locally and the deal was done.

So here is my new baby, “Cali” (OK, not original but it fits). I bought this as a cruiser not a racer, so it is has all of the creature comforts, Premium, 401A, 10R80, Safe & Smart, B&O, enhanced security and last but not least, active exhaust (Oh, that sound!).

That’s it for now. I have really enjoyed reading this forum for the past 4 years. A lot of really good information and interesting conversations. I hope to join in when I feel I can add to the conversation.

And now of course, the obligatory pics……...
IMG_1334.JPG
IMG_1335.JPG
IMG_1336A.JPG
IMG_1337A.JPG
IMG_0630.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Congrats on the new ride. Enjoy it!

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
Great news, live down this way. Hope to see you at a stoplight sometime, usually up toward Conway tho. Nice car.

GT-SV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT premium
Wow, a new CS GT, excellent!

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
Nice ride! Looks simply awesome! Don't see too many white GT/CS! Congrats!

Sponsored

Endokendal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Ruby Red
Glad you finally spoke up! Welcome to the family (again)!

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
Congratulations. Like you my first car was a V8, ('77 Camaro, 305), and after than nothing but 4's and 6's, that is until Ford announced the Bullitt. Luckily my left knee can still do the clutch.. Enjoy your "ride"....

RacinJason

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang base GT w/PP
Fairlane was never a slouch, but then the Mustang...WOW! My first V8 was a 69 Mustang. Welcome to the club, family, curse. The 69 was my second Mustang but first V8 hotrod, and I’m on my 5th with the S550 generation. Ford does well with keeping the heritage of Mustang alive. You should be proud of your CS. Run her like horse, not a dog… is what my grandfather always said. I love the wheels. Enjoy and be safe.

Sponsored

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Stalker.....LOL

Congrats on the CS..:like:

OP
OP
Bikeman315

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Thanks to all. Normadic, white was not my first choice but CS colors were limited this year. After seeing it though i was hooked. It just looks so right.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Congratulations.......I love the California Special, but we don't get it here in the UK. Strange, as I think it'd sell really well here.

White really suits it......and I'd have the 10-speed too. A great choice and a great way to enjoy your retirement :like:

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
Thanks to all. Normadic, white was not my first choice but CS colors were limited this year. After seeing it though i was hooked. It just looks so right.
I had no choice on color for what I was looking for either but I like my ruby red. But white looks great especially with those wheels. Plus it's the "coolest" color and looks killer with tints.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
Welcome to a fellow South Carolinian! Even if a transfer. :)

Love my GT CS as well.
Sponsored