its been nice being here!

331GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
1995 DFG GT vert, 2019 Oxford White GT PP1
damn, what a sobering message. really puts things into perspective. very sorry to hear, not much i can think of to say. rest assured you've had the potential to save lives by making this post, im sure some here are going to get checked and maybe find something and catch it before it would have otherwise have been too late. i know ill take your advice. puts into perspective the little day to day "problems" that we get so wound up with that really dont even matter. wish you and your family all the best and thanks for sharing.
Sponsored

OldPhart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
‘05 GMC P/U, ‘17 Impala, 19 Bullitt
Hi Jim - That's a bummer but you have the right attitude. Being in the healthcare field I had done the colonoscopies and PSAs regularly. Had the prostate removed in '06 @ age 64 which prompted me immediately retire and sign up for Social Security. I wanted to get as much of that SS money as I could and live life to its fullest because longevity at that point was a big question mark. I had had 3 biopsies and the third one indicated my prostate was loaded with cancer. Fortunately the PSA scores have been good (knock on wood) for the last 15 years, although there are no guarantees. For those facing this potential, I had the robotic surgery and side effects have been minimal and not life altering. As a side note, I was so impressed with the da Vinci robotic system that I bought the stock(Intuitive Surgical) which has been a great investment and will help noticeably with my granddaughters' educations - see, some good came out if this. As I said, there's no guarantee the cancer won't return someday, but I've had a lot of what I call bonus time since '06. My advice as a pharmacist who worked with hospice patients is don't be afraid to use the narcotic pain medications. Being comfortable is the main point from now on. Feel free to reach out with any questions. While I've been retired for quite a while, I don't believe the pain treatment has changed much. God be with you... Bruce

sw686blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red Mustang GT PP
I sincerely hope that you pull through.

OP
OP
jimmerheck

jimmerheck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Cal Special
Thanks all. To answer some, I've already gone through all of the clinical trials Oregon Health and Science University has to offer. Including the Immunotherapy trials. And the chemo trials. Now I'm on to the "comfort" part of the hospice and they are trying to make me comfy by drug use. Also, just took my first dose of CBD oil tonight, hope that helps. Unfortunately, it was just too advanced when they found it on me, it had been metastasizing (spreading) on me for a couple years before they found it. Otherwise they could have tried some other treatments that are very positive. Sorry for the bold, I had to google it to make sure I spelled it right. As for selling the stang, it all happened so fast, I wish I would have gone out and done some gnarly burnouts, oh well. Thanks again all!

EmCel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Em
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Thanks all. To answer some, I've already gone through all of the clinical trials Oregon Health and Science University has to offer. Including the Immunotherapy trials. And the chemo trials. Now I'm on to the "comfort" part of the hospice and they are trying to make me comfy by drug use. Also, just took my first dose of CBD oil tonight, hope that helps. Unfortunately, it was just too advanced when they found it on me, it had been metastasizing (spreading) on me for a couple years before they found it. Otherwise they could have tried some other treatments that are very positive. Sorry for the bold, I had to google it to make sure I spelled it right. As for selling the stang, it all happened so fast, I wish I would have gone out and done some gnarly burnouts, oh well. Thanks again all!
I hope that you are more comfortable. I wish you were closer to me because you could of done that burnout and whatever you wanted in my car. ❤

Sponsored

ShadowPP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang PP2, 2003 SVT Cobra, 1940 Ford Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Best to you and your family, keep fighting.

carguy231

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I'm fighting cancer too. I'm just numbering the tumors as they show up and I'm at #7 now. Still on my feet, still working, still driving my Mustang. Liposarcoma, mostly along the spine. As they say#fuckcancer.

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
I'm fighting cancer too. I'm just numbering the tumors as they show up and I'm at #7 now. Still on my feet, still working, still driving my Mustang. Liposarcoma, mostly along the spine. As they say#fuckcancer.
Mike, my heart goes out to you. I lost my brother last year. He had bone cancer and covid finished him off. Keep fighting!
Sincerely
Bob

Sponsored

Roy_Steeda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roy
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium w/PP, 2014 Mercedes E550
Vehicle Showcase
Oh man, I am so sorry to hear this. Praying for you and your family.

Dai Uy Ted

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2020 Maserati Levante S Ribelle
Thanks to regular PSA checks from the VA clinic, my prostate cancer was discovered before metastasizing. A radical robotic prostatectomy took care of it - seven years since, no concerns.

My wife of 52 years has just been put in hospice. She has been battling colorectal and liver cancers for five years.

Jim, your upbeat attitude matches hers and encourages me.
Keep on truckin', both of you!

EmCel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Em
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Thanks to regular PSA checks from the VA clinic, my prostate cancer was discovered before metastasizing. A radical robotic prostatectomy took care of it - seven years since, no concerns.

My wife of 52 years has just been put in hospice. She has been battling colorectal and liver cancers for five years.

Jim, your upbeat attitude matches hers and encourages me.
Keep on truckin', both of you!
:( sorry to hear about your wife. ❤ A positive attitude and happiness goes a long way. ❤ I wish her the best and everyone else who's going through this.

LxMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Gt.
Vehicle Showcase
This post is an eye-opener for me. Lost both parents to the Big C and thats my biggest fear thats what's gonna get me eventually. I'll have to ask and talk with my Dr next month about psa numbers. I did do the cologuard thing a few years ago and last year some other test cause like most I am hesitant to get a colonoscopie.

Dai Uy Ted

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2020 Maserati Levante S Ribelle
... like most I am hesitant to get a colonoscopy.
Get one. It's no biggie; I've had six or eight, to monitor ulcerative colitis. The prep is the only annoying thing about one.
Sponsored