Sponsored

It only took two months

mikef523

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang eco, 17 explorer, 17 Jaguar F-Pace
Well, it finally happened today. Some ass clown hit me in the rear while I was sitting at a red light. 10 to 1 he was texting, but I can't prove it.
He was a BIG fella in a Ford F150, and he knew it was his fault, but he was very difficult to deal with. Didn't want to give me his license, or proof of insurance. Argued with him for 10 min. But when I took a pic of his license plate, he decided to just give me what I wanted.
Minimal damage, but I will be needing a new bumper, and I figure a couple of weeks without the car. Already filed the claim with his insurance. Bummer
Sponsored

'Merica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z51 3LT Stingray
I know the feeling. I was hit lightly in the front, but enough to need a new bumper. The guy that hit me (my neighbor) was the same way. I told him it was either insurance information or the cops. He wasn't even going to say anything, another neighbor told me he heard/saw it happen. I ended up getting him on video (not to his knowledge) admitting to it. Now I'm looking into a dash cam because people are such turds.

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
Pics of the damage? Not much you can with the rear bumper unless you want a quad exhaust

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
wtf did he want to do, just drive away? im glad i have a front and rear dash cam.

Sponsored

OP
OP

mikef523

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pics of the damage? Not much you can with the rear bumper unless you want a quad exhaust

I got pics with my phone, but very difficult to see. One quarter size dent just below the plate, and another dent to the left of that, a bit higher up, with several paint scrapes. This guy says I should just bump it out, and get some yellow spray car paint and it will be fine. Yeah...Sure.....Not that I would..But can you even bump out plastic? I doubt it. Also, the car is triple yellow. Ain't no way I would ever try to repair that myself..

OP
OP

mikef523

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wtf did he want to do, just drive away? im glad i have a front and rear dash cam.
I really believe that thought crossed his mind, till I took the pic of his plate.

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
yep just start taking pics of everything at that point. license plate, damage, registration sticker, license, insurance card. so annoying so sorry to hear man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I care about infotainment
This is precisely why my first "mod" will be the Blackvue camera for the front & back, and also records while parked. $300 for piece of mine that I'll catch whatever scumbag hits me.

And hey, if I'm ever at fault for an accident I'll own up to it and provide the video too. But I've been accident-free for the decade since I started driving so I'm not worried about that part.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
When they get into the repair on a rear bumper, they will probably find the bumper support (like Styrofoam) needs to be replaced, sometimes the clips are broken and the bumper skin, then repaint. I wouldn't be surprised if it's close to $1,000. Orrrr you can just use a hammer and a can of yellow spray paint...

Sponsored

TwinReverb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
This is precisely why my first "mod" will be the Blackvue camera for the front & back, and also records while parked. $300 for piece of mine that I'll catch whatever scumbag hits me.

And hey, if I'm ever at fault for an accident I'll own up to it and provide the video too. But I've been accident-free for the decade since I started driving so I'm not worried about that part.
This is exactly what I have on my list for the first mod before anything else. Plus you can also record track day footage.

Socalmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium w/PP Race Red

Which one specifically do you plan on getting? Also, considering getting one.

TwinReverb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
This is the one I intend on getting. They also make another that has the front camera have a screen. BlackVue is the company name.

BlackVue New 2 Channel DR650GW-2CH 16GB with Power Magic Pro, Car Black Box/Car DVR Recorder, Built-in Wi-Fi, Full HD(1080p@30fps), up to 64GB support https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MC4XL2G/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_uy2Bvb066FQJV

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
i wonder how u can mount the rear camera if you have tint

Schu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)