Sponsored

Car been sitting for months in storage? Prime that oil system before firing it up!

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
As noted before, given the choice of listening to you babbling incoherently or the Ford employee in the other thread, I'll pick him. YMMV.
Keep believing the check every car bud. Fords quality control says differently.
Sponsored

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
Keep believing the check every car bud. Fords quality control says differently.
And your source for that claim is .........

As opposed to:
https://www.roadandtrack.com/news/a34645336/mustangs-with-cup-2-tires-not-built-in-winter/
"A report published by Ford Authority—and confirmed by Ford to Road & Track—says this is because the Cup 2 tires may lose traction during the certification dyno run at the end of the assembly line, which is performed on every single Mustang built."​

Last edited:

Vicr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
and in conclusion.........

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma

Sponsored

accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
cranking the engine on the starter does not turn the oil pump gears fast enough to create any oil pressure what so ever. Ive tried it before, I have an aftermarket oil pressure gauge on my car, the needle doesn't even flinch off 0. The only way to properly prime it is to pull the oil pressure sensor and prime it with an external pump, which is what i do before any 1st start on a new coyote.
I cold crank after the oil change and because I had bbq tick and do not want it to be part of my experience again. I did not do cold cranking on any other engines

Having said that and the fact that my perf pack car does have oil gauge, here's what happens when you cold crank in this scenario:

oil pressure does not go up for long time. I never measured it, but it feels like around 15 seconds or so. Then it starts moving up slowly and stops at around 20. I give it several seconds after that and then start the engine normally.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
The real reason race cars have a separate ignition and start control, is because of locked out distributors. Extremely hard to start a hot engine with a locked out timing system at 36° or more advancement in timing
I always thought it was because flipping toggles added to the cool factor...

HeelToeHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP, 05 focus st
they do, see my prev. post in this thread
What year is your car? My 17 gauges are not reading anything. I attempted a full start cycle (cranking until the car aborts the start cycle) and I saw nothing on the gauge, but I could hear the change.

accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
What year is your car? My 17 gauges are not reading anything. I attempted a full start cycle (cranking until the car aborts the start cycle) and I saw nothing on the gauge, but I could hear the change.
mine is 17 and does not seem like it aborts the cycle before the pressure builds up.