Sponsored

It’s finally time GT500 KR (update: being built)

OP
OP

CaptDave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
'21 Grabber Yellow GT500 CFTP, '23 F150 King Ranch
I'd remembered this thread and the car today when running some routine searches for die casts.

If you did not already own one of the following, it can be had for a pittance: a 6G GT500, yellow w/black stripe, in a 1:64 scale.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2332490.m570.l1313&_nkw=Hot+Wheels+2021+Torque+2020+FORD+MUSTANG+SHELBY+GT500+4/5+Yellow+143/250&_sacat=0

Mijo also produced a GT500 series, predominantly white-striped. Several different colors. An overseas version, purple, was recently listed. Some are Dragon Snake cars, others, CFTPs or base.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2334524.m570.l1313&_nkw=mijo+mini+gt500&_sacat=0&_dmd=2&_fsrp=1&rt=nc&_odkw=gt350+diecast&_osacat=0&_dcat=180506&_sop=10&Scale=1%3A64

gt500 yellow w:blk stripe.jpg

gt500 w:white stripe.jpg
Thanks for the links. I picked these up last year, but I may have to add some of those to the collection.

IMG_2898.jpeg
IMG_2899.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP

CaptDave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Ended up with a day trip to Vegas today; the life of a charter pilot. So I of course took the chance to walk around the Shelby museum….and to check in on my car 😂. She’s still hiding amongst everything, but definitely mechanically done. Also, look at those exhaust tips!

IMG_2959.jpeg
IMG_2958.jpeg
IMG_2962.jpeg
IMG_2961.jpeg

Paddles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT
Holy smokes your car is amazing.

OP
OP

CaptDave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Holy smokes your car is amazing.
Thanks. It’ll be even more amazing when I can get an up close picture! I chose to not jump over the wall onto the factory floor. Didn’t feel like getting arrested today 😏

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
She’s still hiding amongst everything, but definitely mechanically done. Also, look at those exhaust tips!
The excitement must be palpable, Dave and standing there behind the wall with her only a short distance away, HAD to be tough!

LOVE the tips!

Also curious about what you're flying..one, or more than one type in the company fleet?

Sponsored

OP
OP

CaptDave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
The excitement must be palpable, Dave and standing there behind the wall with her only a short distance away, HAD to be tough!

LOVE the tips!

Also curious about what you're flying..one, or more than one type in the company fleet?
Quite palpable, yes sir. There was .01 % of my brain that was hoping the tour guide might bend the rules since it was 4:40 pm and there was no one around 🤣. One interesting thing I did learn during the tour is that those insane Code Reds they’re building aren’t allowed to be sold in California; stupid Sacramento. I guess I’ll have to visit Texas to see one in person.

Flying one type. BE400, 8 seat light business jet. Company has 6 of them. Civilian version of the T1 to any of my Air Force veterans on here.

Being in Southern California, we do a lot of runs to Vegas, so hopefully I can visit again before she’s done.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
One interesting thing I did learn during the tour is that those insane Code Reds they’re building aren’t allowed to be sold in California; stupid Sacramento. I guess I’ll have to visit Texas to see one in person.
I’ve heard this as well. I believe they can be registered in CA, they just can’t be sold off of a lot in CA. There’s a video where SA talks about the Super Snakes (and they specifically mentioned the F-150 Shelby) and them not being able to be sold on dealer lots in CA. Something to do with it being considered an aftermarket supercharger so it can’t be sold off a lot in CA but it can still be owned in CA. I’ll have to do some digging later to confirm though.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the work info, Dave..I was wondering if you had to maintain multiple sets of a zillion numbers which sucks. <smile> And hey, BONUS, another AF type I can rib. <GBSEG>

since it was 4:40 pm and there was no one around 🤣
I've always been a stupid kid at heart, probably like many of you reading this and, why I am glad I wound up in Uncle Sam's Navy. <laughing> Consequently, I'm pretty sure I would have hopped the wall, Dave. ;=) However comma, that sort of thing is verbotten in the AF handbook, right? <wink>

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Thanks for the work info, Dave..I was wondering if you had to maintain multiple sets of a zillion numbers which sucks. <smile> And hey, BONUS, another AF type I can rib. <GBSEG>

I've always been a stupid kid at heart, probably like many of you reading this and, why I am glad I wound up in Uncle Sam's Navy. <laughing> Consequently, I'm pretty sure I would have hopped the wall, Dave. ;=) However comma, that sort of thing is verbotten in the AF handbook, right? <wink>
Navy is just Air Force for people who like waves and hot bunks 🤣

OP
OP

CaptDave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
I’ve heard this as well. I believe they can be registered in CA, they just can’t be sold off of a lot in CA. There’s a video where SA talks about the Super Snakes (and they specifically mentioned the F-150 Shelby) and them not being able to be sold on dealer lots in CA. Something to do with it being considered an aftermarket supercharger so it can’t be sold off a lot in CA but it can still be owned in CA. I’ll have to do some digging later to confirm though.
This is correct to my knowledge. I know someone who’s owned a few Shelby F-150s. They’ve been sold on the lot as a Shelby vehicle, but they have to get sent out after purchase to get the supercharger installed. Usually a few week delay between purchase and taking delivery.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Navy is just Air Force for people who like waves and hot bunks 🤣
There wasn't an adequate emoticon for the amount of laughing I just got from that hilarious reply, Brian!!! TOO funny! ;=)
Sponsored