Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
A bit about bikers - I ride a Suzuki, and give a "V" from the handlebars 100% of the time to other bikers. I get 0% response from Harley dudes. Such riceburner bias!
Meh, I wave at everybody on any bike when I'm on one of the Harleys.

Probably because I'd have a warehouse full of makes and models of bikes if I could....
Sponsored

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
There was another thread on this topic and guys with modded Mustangs said they only wave at other modded Mustangs. That makes sense since drivers of the modded cars are more likely to be "enthusiasts." My car looks pretty much stock and has a 3.7 badge so I just look away in shame. :wink:

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
^ I'm glad you understand and accept your place in the grand scheme of things. :p

I usually wave, especially if the other car has stripes, occasionally get a return wave back.

GasPedal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium | Race Red
Gotten a few waves, head nods, thumbs up... but my favorite is just flashing lights quickly as you're passing them. Quick, subtle, and easier to time than trying not to look like a goofball whipping your hand up to wave back in time.

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115d09236975374f694d8d19ac&rid=giphy.gif

thunderstrike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 6 spd
I am used to Jeep wave, try to do the same in current generation Mustang.

Sponsored

ChaoticFury09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium (Automatic - Magnetic)
A guy gave me a wave when I first bought the car. Thought it was a thing and have done it ever since. I think like one person has done it back to me.

Darkstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Oxford White.
I generally nod towards other Mustangs I encounter and wave back to people to wave first. It does seem to be more of a thing than other cars/trucks I've driven. I do get caught off guard sometimes by some people waving in vehicles that aren't Mustangs, though.

mejohn50

Intergalactic Snail
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mitch
Vehicle(s)
slow junk
European Mustang owners are all about waving. Generation doesn’t matter. Engine doesn’t matter. They love these cars over here and the owners are very proud. I had an S197 V6 pull out of the left turn lane to follow me going straight through an intersection. Stopped to talked and he just wanted to say “hey” to another Mustang owner in the area.

Grayden4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Grayden
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang Cobra, 2009 Mustang GT/CS, 2011 F350, 2019 Mustang GT PPL2
I wave, and I don't care if the other Mustang driver doesn't wave back. Of course I wave to tractors, farm trucks, and anyone in my neighborhood. I'm sure many other drivers wonder why some old guy waved to them...

Sponsored

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
Yeah here in Adelaide Australia 90% of people give a wave, usually accompanied by a big smile. They are not as many around so I guess that makes us all feel special....Ha.. Ha...Ha

MikeHTally

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang, 2020 Explorer Limited
Vehicle Showcase
When I had my '72 Celica, we all "Beep-beeped" at another one. Other than that, I don't recall anything similar.

302@12psi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona PP2 Recaros
There's way to many of them out here to wave all the time. I usually have an eye for well cared for or specialty ones. I'll wave to those folks or obviously return a wave if I get one. If it is an older one I'll wave as well.

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
In today's world of constant screengazing one needs all the human contact one can get. Is a Mustang wave a human contact? How about a "Like" on a post in Mustang6g?

I'm a frequent waver, pretty dependably lift a thumb toward another Mustang driver, modified or otherwise. For the most part, either the other party is dumbfounded and too late to respond, or in their normal semi-conscious state. If I feel as if I've done my part, it's ok. Best when I have a chance to deploy my "NICE CAR!" sign, which I offer to ANY nice car.

NiceCar!16310399373_c580bf03d6_o.jpg

Recalling the West Texas Highway protocols WRT waving: full handwave and smile to someone you know, lesser degrees of demonstativeness down to a single finger off the steering wheel for strangers. Of course in West Texas it's a matter of survival: out there in the great distances you never know when you might need help from someone.

I was in on the beginning of the foreign, mainly British, car invasion of the early and middle 1950s, when even in populated places like Los Angeles there were few foreign cars and even fewer sports cars. Always gave and got a wave when possible. During that time i was in Little Rock, Arkansas, where there were quite a number of exotic cars, but they weren't often out in the wild. In my MGTD I got waves and grins and questions and a few shouts from all and sundry. Good times.

MGmocs02.jpg

Last edited: