Sponsored

Is this the fastest stock GT500?

Classic Lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Dodge Challenger T/A 392 6 speed manual.
Let's just agree to disagree
Hey I get it, it’s hard for you guys to accept the crate as stock when Dodge themselves gives you a easy way out by calling the crate aftermarket. I understand your side and I really didn’t think I would change anyone’s mind. I see it on all the forums, hate for the gt500 on the dodge forums and hate for the demon on the Ford forums. Have a good day.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Classic Lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maybe he's on to something, I've got some code that's not running, maybe if I just keep running the same code over and over it will start working ... BRB.
So some race fuel is legal some is not, I get that, my point still stands however. Dodge could not sell a new car in CA that could run on race gas almost any race gas in fact. I have offered very good evidence for this, number one why did Doge put the race gas PCM in the crate and not on the car? Suppose you tell me? I am sorry about the mix up but most race gas is technically illegal in CA.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Hey I get it, it’s hard for you guys to except the crate as stock when Dodge themselves gives you a easy way out by calling the crate aftermarket. I understand your side and I really didn’t think I would change anyone’s mind. I see it on all the forums, hate for the gt500 on the dodge forums and hate for the demon on the Ford forums. Have a good day.
No hate here. It just is what it is.

Classic Lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here is a list of the questions I have asked in this thread and that have not been answered.
Is a Tesla car that got an update and makes more power than it did when the owner picked it up at the dealer stock?

Would the gt500 remain stock if it got a dealer flash from Ford that say raised the launch control rpm?

How can you call the demon crate mods when it was built and designed along with the car, was a one dollar option to demon buyers only, and is VIN specific to only one car?

One more question do you really think that if the same thing was offered by Ford you guys would call it anything but stock? Sadly there would be Doge boys on here claiming modded, no fair. If Ford one day does do the same thing I will be right with you guys calling it stock.

Sponsored

Classic Lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maybe this will help prove my point. Suppose some state passed a law that said no cars can be sold that have wings on the trunk, it’s to dangerous. So some car company builds a track car and sells it in all states without the wing. However they designed and tested the car with a wing, so to get around the law they sell the wing as “aftermarket” and deliver it to owners for one dollar after they buy the car. Would it be fair to call that car not stock? Simply because of a dumb law? I think not.

FastCarFanBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GB GT
Here is a list of the questions I have asked in this thread and that have not been answered.
Is a Tesla car that got an update and makes more power than it did when the owner picked it up at the dealer stock?

Would the gt500 remain stock if it got a dealer flash from Ford that say raised the launch control rpm?

How can you call the demon crate mods when it was built and designed along with the car, was a one dollar option to demon buyers only, and is VIN specific to only one car?

One more question do you really think that if the same thing was offered by Ford you guys would call it anything but stock? Sadly there would be Doge boys on here claiming modded, no fair. If Ford one day does do the same thing I will be right with you guys calling it stock.
I'll bite. To your question about the Tesla update... It depends, is the update something that would also be available from the factory to new cars at the time of purchase? If so it's stock if not it's kind of a gray area because no physical parts are swapped out which is not the case with the Demon crate.

for example the C7 Z06 was given a software update to improve track performance on certain tracks... that is still considered stock because all future production line cars received the update.

But all this is irrelevant because as you said yourself Dodge was unable to build the Demon with the crate parts installed from the factory or even as a factory option for whatever reason. They were forced to offer it as an aftermarket kit while forcing you to pay for it in the actual cost of the car. You were however not forced to receive the crate and never would unless you completed the aftermarket transaction after the sale.

Brilliant marketing but a production line car it is not.

Last edited:

Classic Lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'll bite. To your question about the Tesla update... It depends, is the update something that would also be available from the factory to new cars at the time of purchase? If so it's stock if not it's kind of a gray area because no physical parts are swapped out which is not the case with the Demon crate.

for example the C7 Z06 was given a software update to improve track performance on certain tracks... that is still considered stock because all future production line cars received the update.

But all this is irrelevant because as you said yourself Dodge was unable to build the Demon with the crate parts installed from the factory or even as a factory option for whatever reason. They were forced to offer it as an aftermarket kit while forcing you to pay for it in the actual cost of the car. You were however not forced to receive the crate and never would unless you completed the aftermarket transaction after the sale.

Brilliant marketing but a production line car it is not.
So to sum up the first part, by that logic if Dodge made the demon for 2019 and installed the crate parts at the factory that would make the 2018 demons stock? What changed about the cars? By the logic of the second point both the Z06s that got the update and those that didn’t are both stock right? I agree, you have to know that some owners didn’t get the update. I don’t know much about the z06 thing so correct me if I’m wrong on that. The third part makes some sense but you didn’t address the part about the crate being VIN specific. Look I don’t think I’m going to convince all of you but maybe I pointed out a few things and made you think about it in a new way.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Well ford guys need to just concede the 1/4 mile glory runs to the demon. And move on. There ain't no way in hell a stock GT500 is sniffing anything close to a high 9 or a basement 10. And it'll fall well short on trap speed. On the flip side. Actually lining up next to a demon or redeye on grudge night. I think the GT500 guys will win as many as they lose.The cars are that close.
I fully agree with this. The Demon will be quicker in the 1/4 mile
So to sum up the first part, by that logic if Dodge made the demon for 2019 and installed the crate parts at the factory that would make the 2018 demons stock? What changed about the cars? By the logic of the second point both the Z06s that got the update and those that didn’t are both stock right? I agree, you have to know that some owners didn’t get the update. I don’t know much about the z06 thing so correct me if I’m wrong on that. The third part makes some sense but you didn’t address the part about the crate being VIN specific. Look I don’t think I’m going to convince all of you but maybe I pointed out a few things and made you think about it in a new way.
Nope, it is NOT stock, period. It is tied to the VIN simply because you are required to have a VIN to get the crate. No Demon VIN, NO crate. Definitely an aftermarket kit sold brilliantly with voodoo language.

Sponsored

Classic Lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I fully agree with this. The Demon will be quicker in the 1/4 mile

Nope, it is NOT stock, period. It is tied to the VIN simply because you are required to have a VIN to get the crate. No Demon VIN, NO crate. Definitely an aftermarket kit sold brilliantly with voodoo language.
So you think the only reason the demon crate had a VIN on it was because you needed a VIN to order the crate? Then why was the cars number on the crate and the owners name? Also the fact that you couldn’t get the crate unless you had the car only further proves it’s stock. Name one other so called aftermarket part that you have to have the car it goes on to order?

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
So you think the only reason the demon crate had a VIN on it was because you needed a VIN to order the crate? Then why was the cars number on the crate and the owners name? Also the fact that you couldn’t get the crate unless you had the car only further proves it’s stock. Name one other so called aftermarket part that you have to have the car it goes on to order?
The reason you needed the VIN number and owner info etc was to keep non Demon owners from purchasing a $1 box of goodies.

Classic Lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The reason you needed the VIN number and owner info etc was to keep non Demon owners from purchasing a $1 box of goodies.
Of course, and NO other people did buy it, last time I checked aftermarket is sold to anyone with the money to buy. Even OEM aftermarket is open to anyone who will buy. Yes yes I know dodge called it that, they were legally forced to do so, I think we all know Dodge would have gladly put the parts on at the factory. It’s really sad that Ford guys or anyone for that matter would use this to call a car any car modded. I mean really does every part have to be put in on the production line to be stock? The demon crate has skinnies, a jack, another air filter, plus alot of other stuff, no way could all of this stuff been put on at the factory, or shipped with the cars. I can’t think of any other way Dodge could have done the crate, each crate was shipped to the owner, how could they have sold it with the car, when they didn’t yet know the VIN or the number of the car yet?

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Name one other so called aftermarket part that you have to have the car it goes on to order?
Just one example but when Tech Pack GT350 owners wanted to order a TrackPack/R Model TR3160 (with pump) from FP (as it was considered "aftermarket") they had to provide a VIN.

Next...

Classic Lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just one example but when Tech Pack GT350 owners wanted to order a TrackPack/R Model TR3160 (with pump) from FP (as it was considered "aftermarket") they had to provide a VIN.

Next...
Yeah and you have to have a VIN to order a demon windshield too, that does not make it aftermarket.
Sponsored