Sponsored

Is this the fastest stock GT500?

Classic Lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Dodge Challenger T/A 392 6 speed manual.
Dodge states aftermarket. They built nothing themselves, other than the tune profile in the ecu.
Stock demons run 10s, modified demons can possibly go 9s
Answer the question please is the crate OEM?

Yes or no, I’m making it very easy for you, two or three letters is all you need to type.

I’m guessing you won’t answer with that though, because you know to call it OEM would be admitting it stock parts, you also can’t say it’s not OEM because Dodge said it was.

I’m going to bed now, I’ll see your answer in the morning. Take your time it’s no hurry.
Sponsored

Classic Lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Why wont u race us? Cause this is all u do, type, besides play pinball
I don’t own a demon and have no real wish to own one, I would like a 13 or 14 GT500 some day though.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Please explain how you would put on two air filters at the factory, or two sets of front wheels, or put a jack and other tools in the car. Never mind that fact that the EPA would never have let dodge sell the car with the crate PCM installed....
Once again you have offered zero evidence that my links and quotes are wrong...
WTF? I expected a response from left field but you went straight to outer space.

Aliens.jpg

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Answer the question please is the crate OEM?

Yes or no, I’m making it very easy for you, two or three letters is all you need to type.

I’m guessing you won’t answer with that though, because you know to call it OEM would be admitting it stock parts, you also can’t say it’s not OEM because Dodge said it was.

I’m going to bed now, I’ll see your answer in the morning. Take your time it’s no hurry.
Sure, ill answer, as soon as you agree that dodge calls the crate aftermarket, because its not stock

https://automotiveaftermarket.org/aftermarket-industry-trends/definition/

" In many cases aftermarket parts are manufactured to provide additional performance or with features not available from the OEM part. Some aftermarket parts are stronger or last longer than OEM parts."

A history lesson of the word and usage of "stock" in reference to Automotive and Racing applications, since people want to stay uninformed:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stock_car_racing

"A stock car, in the original sense of the term, is an automobile that has not been modified from its original factory configuration."

" When NASCAR was first formed by France in 1948 to regulate stock car racing in the U.S., there was a requirement that any car entered be made entirely of parts available to the general public through automobile dealers. Additionally, the cars had to be models that had sold more than 500 units to the public. This is referred to as "homologation". In NASCAR's early years, the cars were so "stock" that it was commonplace for the drivers to drive themselves to the competitions in the car that they were going to run in the race. "

" In 1957, several notable events happened. The Automobile Manufacturers Association (AMA) banned manufacturers from using race wins in their advertising and giving direct support to race teams,[14] as they felt it led to reckless street racing. This forced manufacturers to become creative in producing race parts to help racers win. Race teams were often caught trying to use factory produced racing parts that were not really available to the public, though many parts passed muster by being labeled as heavy-duty "police" parts. "

And just because it reminds everyone

"
Prior to its first race at the Daytona 500, David Pearson's 427 powered Ford Torino Cobra set a new NASCAR record by being the first to exceed 190 mph (310 km/h) when he qualified at 190.029 mph (305.822 km/h). When the race started Donnie Allison's Torino lead the majority of the race (84 laps). Towards the end of the race the Torino of LeeRoy Yarbrough chased down the Dodge of Charlie Glotzbach, who had an 11-second lead. It was the first Daytona 500 won on a last lap pass. Things got worse for Dodge when NASCAR, a few months later, finally allowed Ford to run its hemi-headed Boss 429 engine.

With Ford winning the majority of the races, Dodge was forced to develop a better car of their own. Using the Charger 500 as a basis, they added a pointed nose. This nose was almost a carbon copy of the nose on the 1962 Ford Mustang I prototype. This radical body shape required a wing to remain stable at speeds over 180 mph (290 km/h). They named it the Dodge Daytona after the race they hoped to win. Even though it never won a Daytona 500 race, it was still a significant improvement over its predecessor the Dodge Charger 500.
"

TLDR; The crate components can NOT be Aftermarket +OEM+Stock at the same time. 0 Demons can be, or are, sold with crate components installed by the OEM

I await your long winded but logically defunct mental gymnastics attempt at a rebuttal

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Why wont u race us? Cause this is all u do, type, besides play pinball
Internet racing is easier. And so much cheaper.

Sponsored

Classic Lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sure, ill answer, as soon as you agree that dodge calls the crate aftermarket, because its not stock

https://automotiveaftermarket.org/aftermarket-industry-trends/definition/

" In many cases aftermarket parts are manufactured to provide additional performance or with features not available from the OEM part. Some aftermarket parts are stronger or last longer than OEM parts."

A history lesson of the word and usage of "stock" in reference to Automotive and Racing applications, since people want to stay uninformed:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stock_car_racing

"A stock car, in the original sense of the term, is an automobile that has not been modified from its original factory configuration."

" When NASCAR was first formed by France in 1948 to regulate stock car racing in the U.S., there was a requirement that any car entered be made entirely of parts available to the general public through automobile dealers. Additionally, the cars had to be models that had sold more than 500 units to the public. This is referred to as "homologation". In NASCAR's early years, the cars were so "stock" that it was commonplace for the drivers to drive themselves to the competitions in the car that they were going to run in the race. "

" In 1957, several notable events happened. The Automobile Manufacturers Association (AMA) banned manufacturers from using race wins in their advertising and giving direct support to race teams,[14] as they felt it led to reckless street racing. This forced manufacturers to become creative in producing race parts to help racers win. Race teams were often caught trying to use factory produced racing parts that were not really available to the public, though many parts passed muster by being labeled as heavy-duty "police" parts. "

And just because it reminds everyone

"
Prior to its first race at the Daytona 500, David Pearson's 427 powered Ford Torino Cobra set a new NASCAR record by being the first to exceed 190 mph (310 km/h) when he qualified at 190.029 mph (305.822 km/h). When the race started Donnie Allison's Torino lead the majority of the race (84 laps). Towards the end of the race the Torino of LeeRoy Yarbrough chased down the Dodge of Charlie Glotzbach, who had an 11-second lead. It was the first Daytona 500 won on a last lap pass. Things got worse for Dodge when NASCAR, a few months later, finally allowed Ford to run its hemi-headed Boss 429 engine.

With Ford winning the majority of the races, Dodge was forced to develop a better car of their own. Using the Charger 500 as a basis, they added a pointed nose. This nose was almost a carbon copy of the nose on the 1962 Ford Mustang I prototype. This radical body shape required a wing to remain stable at speeds over 180 mph (290 km/h). They named it the Dodge Daytona after the race they hoped to win. Even though it never won a Daytona 500 race, it was still a significant improvement over its predecessor the Dodge Charger 500.
"

TLDR; The crate components can NOT be Aftermarket +OEM+Stock at the same time. 0 Demons can be, or are, sold with crate components installed by the OEM

I await your long winded but logically defunct mental gymnastics attempt at a rebuttal
I’ll try to make it short and sweet. Your quote, “the crate can not be aftermarket+stock+OEM at the same time. Amen, my whole point. You agree then that it cannot be oem and stock while being aftermarket. I say it’s OEM and stock you say aftermarket. Now to clear a few things up, NASCAR stock racing in the 60s was not with stock production cars, the rules said you had to produce the body and engine in a production car. The charger that raced in NASCAR was NOT a stock car, it was tuned to make more power and striped with roll bars etc. After all this time you still don’t seem to get it though, the crate is factory equipment for the demon, the only reason the crate pcm was not put on is the EPA, yes CA may or may not have been the reason, I might have been wrong about that I’m not sure. Anyway it would not meet EPA emissions standards to sells, neither would almost any car sold before 1980. If you made a 1970 mustang today you could not sell it from ford as a stock car. Like I said before when you picked up the demon it showed 3 power modes from dodge 500 808 and 840 the crate parts are OEM factory equipment, never mind the jack and that stuff, still stock but that was tossed in once dodge knew they could not sell the parts on the car. It’s not a question that the crate parts were the original parts from dodge for the car. That’s why I say they are stock because they were developed OEM and sold as an option to every demon buyer VIN specific. I would not call the parts stock if they were not factory parts tied to each car.

Not that short I know.

Last edited:

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So what "stock" tires are used if you remove the factory wheels/tires and bolt on the crate wheels?

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I don't know, I went through 3 sets of tires internet racing last year

You know what? This thing will decimate all with 15 grand in overnight parts from japan......and a demon crate.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Hahaha, "overnight parts from Japan" ...
Is that a tin foil hat or an ice pack on the head of your avatar?

I could see either due to this thread....

MRX1.png

Last edited:

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I thought it was a Hershey's Kiss...:)

Classic Lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So what "stock" tires are used if you remove the factory wheels/tires and bolt on the crate wheels?
Any tire that is the size dodge used in testing and was on the car at the reveal, 28/4.5-18 that is the size dodge said they used in testing, to say the front wheels aren’t stock because they didn’t come with tires is like saying my toothbrush isn’t stock until I have toothpaste on it. Dodge gave you the wheels, you put the tires on, they gave you the race tune, you put the race gas in. By this logic you could say because they didn’t give you a brand of race gas to use, using race gas isn’t stock. It’s not like a rear tire that changes performance with a brand change. Any old skinnies will give you the same times. It’s not something dodge needed to give and it wouldn’t have fit in the crate anyway.

Look at it this way. Here is a list of firsts and records for the demon from Dodge.

Fastest production car from 0-60

Highest HP V8 ever put in a production car.

Worlds fastest 1/4 mile production car.

First production car to do a wheelie.

Highest G force of any production car at launch 1.8 g.

First production car designed to run on 100 octane fuel.

First production car with a trans brake.

First production car with torque reserve.

First production car with a front seat delete.

Biggest functional hood scoop on any production car.

First production car with an liquid to air intercooler chiller system.

First production car with drag radials.

First production car with a drag specific suspension.

And one last fun fact.
It has a 60-0 stopping distance of 97 ft.

The dodge demon is unlike any other car ever made, having a crate of OEM stock parts as an option to owners is another first. When you bought the car you got a piece of paper that gave you the right to order the crate, you could not buy the crate unless you bought the car, in short the crate came with the cars as an option, once you bought the car you had the option to buy the crate. That does not made it not stock or Not OEM. Please show me any aftermarket parts on any car that were on the car when it was revealed to the public. Don’t show me the demon please, any other car. The demon fits the definition of a production car aka stock, and the crate fit into that production car because there is a VIN specific crate for each car. They could not have legally set all those records with the crate parts and called them records for a production car if they weren’t part of what made the car a production car.