Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hidevolution.com
First Name
Spartan
Vehicle(s)
2023 Nissan Z
I found it on the passenger side's floor mat today, not sure if it's from the car or what, can someone confirm?

PXL_20220623_113401564.jpg
Sponsored

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Looks like a wire clip. Check under your seats and see if you have any stuff like it?

stev3french

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Twister Orange w/HP
These clips typically are used to hold trim pieces together. Check to see if it seems like any of the trim is not being held in place well. Otherwise maybe its a spare that you can hold onto :like:

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I found a grabber blue one like that in my 2017 when I had it. No idea where it came from but it could have been when I installed my shifter.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Those clips are located on the back side of the dash trim pieces - L side by headlight switch, Center HVAC/gauges and R side along side glove box. Possibly used elsewhere for upper speaker grille and/or center console trim.

They can be blue or yellow - not sure what the difference means in color, but those are the most common.

Sponsored

OP
OP
superspartan

superspartan

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hidevolution.com
First Name
Spartan
Vehicle(s)
2023 Nissan Z
Those clips are located on the back side of the dash trim pieces - L side by headlight switch, Center HVAC/gauges and R side along side glove box. Possibly used elsewhere for upper speaker grille and/or center console trim.

They can be blue or yellow - not sure what the difference means in color, but those are the most common.
would it be possible for you to take a pic and point where you mean exactly?
thanks

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible

Orange too!!

I ordered some from Ford a couple years ago and blue ones came... I compared all 3 colours I had (orange blue and yellow) and they were identical.

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
Hey I recognize these clips! I have a spare set or two. As others have pointed out they are a retaining clip for the dash trim - The yellow are part number: W717661-S300.

The white clips are W714972-S300, and used on the trim around the shifter/lower center console area, I believe.
E0AFE0DA-CD82-4B50-9E1B-AE5A874382D3.jpeg

Other than the color they are identical (as far as I can tell).
There is also a blue color clip seen on the trim near the air vents, and probably other colors used elsewhere. My guess is the color indicates where it's used in the interior, so in the assembly process if a loose clip is found they'll know where it came from.

If you pull the dash trim off you'll find where it is missing. Be prepared to have a thin pick or trim tool handy as these tend to come off inside the dash but can easily be fished out or pushed through far enough to fall down onto the floor. If you lose one they're cheap to replace, something like $3 for a set.
Sponsored