Is the Mustang a quiet car

Keyser_Soze

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350 in VB, '13 F150
Hey Guy's...I owned a 2009 Challenger SRT8, Nice comfortable ride, quiet inside, nice road trip car.

Then I bought a 2013 Nissan 370Z. Very noisy, a lot of road noise and vibration, I hated it...got rid of it.

Would you say that the Mustang a quiet car to drive on the road? Is it noisy inside?
Not greatly more- or less- than your previous rides. It won't be as road-trippy as the Dodge or as tightly-wound as the Datsun. Hopefully a nice Goldilocks-approved middle ground. Tires matter. If it's a huge deal, sound dampening DIY isn't that hard if you're willing to pop panels. PP wheels might not be for you.
Sponsored

rckt

Threads
Reaction score
I just want to hear the exhaust note of the GT, part of the reason to get the GT :-)

JonnyMustang

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Flex EB
I dunno, the hot rod cams, long tube headers, hi flow cats, and flowmaster 44s tend to change the interior sound abit. ;)

MPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
My '11 wasn't as quiet inside as a Challenger. Hopefully there will be better sound insulation in the '15.

Sponsored

Sterling Archer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Evil Mobile
Ford has invested a lot in cabin audio quality. I believe the new mustang only has added sound dampening materials (which actually do a very nice job on the f150s), but other things my department is working on include active noise cancellation. You can already see some of the technology at the Lincoln level; my guess is that it's only a matter of time before the only sounds coming in are engine noises.

Sponsored

HallOfPromise

Threads
Reaction score
I thought I read somewhere that the EcoBoost models will come with Active Noise Cancellation of some sort. Why only the EB is beyond me. Then again, if one wants the GT, I would assume they would also want to hear it as well. But an option would be nice for those who want it.

scottpe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT 6MT w/ Brembos
I thought I read somewhere that the EcoBoost models will come with Active Noise Cancellation of some sort. Why only the EB is beyond me. Then again, if one wants the GT, I would assume they would also want to hear it as well. But an option would be nice for those who want it.
Yes it does. But I suspect it is being used to shape the interior motor/exhaust sound of the 4 banger, masking the undesirable frequencies, not for simply making the interior quieter. Thus the reason it is not used for the V8. It's not needed. There is nothing objectionable about the sound of the V8 that needs alteration to make it sound good... ;)

HallOfPromise

Threads
Reaction score
Yes it does. But I suspect it is being used to shape the interior motor/exhaust sound of the 4 banger, masking the undesirable frequencies, not for simply making the interior quieter. Thus the reason it is not used for the V8. It's not needed. There is nothing objectionable about the sound of the V8 that needs alteration to make it sound good... ;)
This makes sense. I myself am looking at the EB and I was a little wherry when I read this feature. I wonder if I will be able to alter the setting depending on my drive mood. Somehow I think not but still crossing my fingers.

scottpe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT 6MT w/ Brembos
I wonder if I will be able to alter the setting depending on my drive mood. Somehow I think not but still crossing my fingers.
The sound will be altered by drive mood automatically... It's called throttle position. ;)
Sponsored