Sponsored

Is the Mustang a quiet car

TorkN8R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Ingot Silver Auto W/3.55's
Hey Guy's...I owned a 2009 Challenger SRT8, Nice comfortable ride, quiet inside, nice road trip car.

Then I bought a 2013 Nissan 370Z. Very noisy, a lot of road noise and vibration, I hated it...got rid of it.

Would you say that the Mustang a quiet car to drive on the road? Is it noisy inside?
Sponsored

scottpe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT 6MT w/ Brembos
I do not consider my S197 noisy at all for a performance car. The noises it does make are the right ones, if you ask me. ;)

Time will tell how the new model compares since it is a completely new design in every respect. But I expect it will be even better...

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
No personal experience with a 370Z (only 300Z/ZX and 350Zs), but I'm pretty sure that the 370Z is notorious for it's horrible NVH levels. I'd imagine that most vehicles would be leagues better in that department. Personal opinion of mine, but Nissan's VQ engines sound horrible inside and out... like a coffee grinder or something.

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Edge Sport, 2013 Focus ST
My '14 Shelby is fairly quiet when cruising on the highway, but it isn't a quiet luxury car by any means. When I get on it the exhaust is loud and sounds great to me. When I really get on it the supercharger whine is sweet.

I expect that the '14 GT will give a quiet comfortable ride when cruising and will be loud when you get on it. This is the way it should be. It's a Mustang, not a luxury sedan.

JoeDogInKC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow 2015 GT Premium w/PP
I do not consider my S550 noisy at all for a performance car. The noises it does make are the right ones, if you ask me. ;)

Time will tell how the new model compares since it is a completely new design in every respect. But I expect it will be even better...
So, how, exactly, do you already have an S550??? :p - I think you meant to type S197. Anyway, since 2011 (I didn't own an '05 to '10) at least, the interior has been very quiet. I remember driving my 2011 GT for the first time and thinking to myself, I can't believe how quiet this thing is. I was coming from an '04 Mach 1 and it was night and day. My 2013? Not so quiet, but that's because I added CAI, Exhaust, etc. The exhaust is pretty loud, so it's pretty loud inside the car now. I'm sure the S550 will be at least as good and probably even better.

Sponsored

fionic

spaghettios and cheerios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
These are the only 2 videos I have been able to find that have a semi-decent sound clip of the GT(although pre-production)

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]8nefU4Z6xWM[/MEDIA]"]Startup/Rev, the sound of other mustangs kind of cover it up[/ame]

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]82L2F7aE2j0[/MEDIA]"]official line lock video, sounds good to me.[/ame]

TampaBear67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cool Blue 07 Accord EX-L 2.4, DOHC, iVTEC Coupe
I think He means INSIDE the car. From what We heard in the Eco-Boost ride along Videos I would say it's reasonably quiet, and the Sounds you do hear are Music to My Ears. I can see myself turning off tge stereo just to listen to the Car.

Sponsored

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
It also depends on what your definition of "quiet" is. Both inside and outside as well. Mustang will have a sound tube to pipe in engine noise into the cabin in the GT. I haven't experienced it but I would say it bumps up interior sound. I also believe the EB has active noise cancellation which pipes in noise through the speakers to counter engine noise.

ry1980

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT 350 convenience pk, shadow black
I didn't care for noise level in my stock 13 GT, so I removed the sound tube. I thought it was quite enough afterwards. My other vehicles are 10 Toyota Avalon and 13 Lexus GS 350, so that gives you some idea of cabin noise I am used to.
Sponsored