Sponsored

Is the GT500 announcement expected to impact GT350 prices?

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Why would you want a DCT or automatic? Need to keep a hand free for the Big Gulp?
How does a DCT in manual mode free up a hand? Most of us operate the clutch with a foot.
Sponsored

btown93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Knight Industries 2000
Why would you want a DCT or automatic? Need to keep a hand free for the Big Gulp?
we get it @Hack the GT350 is the greatest thing ever and nobody should want anything different ever. :computerrage::like:

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
we get it @Hack the GT350 is the greatest thing ever and nobody should want anything different ever. :computerrage::like:
I don't think that @Hack is suggesting that the GT350 is the greatest thing ever and neither do I but after owning all manual transmission HP automobiles over the last 5 decades and then purchasing a DCT automobile that was one of the biggest mistakes that I ever made.

Each to their own but at this point in time I could not purchase a DCT automobile but certainly respect and understand others that want to go that way.

:wink:

Sponsored

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
I don't think that @Hack is suggesting that the GT350 is the greatest thing ever and neither do I but after owning all manual transmission HP automobiles over the last 5 decades and then purchasing a DCT automobile that was one of the biggest mistakes that I ever made.

Each to their own but at this point in time I could not purchase a DCT automobile but certainly respect and understand others that want to go that way.

:wink:
I have to call myself out of the game for GT500 as well. I came from a 700+ HP Hellcat auto to my R for a reason. Not to dismiss the handling of the new GT500, I'm sure it's phenomenal and certainly on the level of the ZL1 1LE but my interest in it was lost along with the manual option for it. I hope it takes down a Redeye in the 1/4 and the ZL1 1LE on the course to justify the move.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
This is how i see it,

I see the R prices holding regardless of the 500.
The 500 is going to blow the doors off of the competition. Still keeping the R and still want a GT3. See, there is a car for everyone and for some just one car wont due.
I personally want smaller, lighter hence my admiration for the GT3 P cars. The 350 is the last of a breed and that is certain. And that is just a few of the many reasons I will cherish #33. Till then I will continue to track/drive the car and enjoy every second of it. Cant wait to see and track along side a 500

Last edited:

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
This is how i see it,

I see the R prices holding regardless of the 500.
The 500 is going to blow the doors off of the competition. Still keeping the R and still want a GT3. See, there is a car for everyone and for some just one car wont due.
I personally want smaller, lighter hence my admiration for the GT3 P cars. The 350 is the last of a breed and that is certain. And that is just a few of the many reasons I will cherish #33. Till then I will continue to track/drive the car and enjoy every second of it. Cant wait to see and track along side a 500
Funny I was discussing the new supra it looks like a BRZ sized car with some power. It actually appeals to me. and its 3400 lbs so light!!! *face palm*

YOLO

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06, Lexus GS350
Hopefully on Monday morning the GT500 gets exposed as a total fatass of an overpowered and underbraked turd.

At which point GT350's will continue to hold their value and I can bargain for less than MSRP on a new GT500.:)

I also hope there is a lot of tears shed over an auto-only transmission by the stuck on a manual for life crowd. Could demand be lessened as a result? Probably not but a man can dream, can't he?
I think you got your wish. :clap:

I was hoping for a different look, less weight, more HP and a Manual.

The DCT is a deal breaker for me.

Now I'm back looking at ordering a 2019 Shelby.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I think you got your wish. :clap:

I was hoping for a different look, less weight, more HP and a Manual.

The DCT is a deal breaker for me.

Now I'm back looking at ordering a 2019 Shelby.
Horsepower and weight were not revealed today. What are you talking about? Why do I waste my time with you?

YOLO

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06, Lexus GS350
Horsepower and weight were not revealed today. What are you talking about? Why do I waste my time with you?

Looks similar to a Shelby (no radical changes), No Manual (deal breaker) gonna be at least 4,000lbs, and HP most likely under 750 (ZR1 has 755, Redeye 797, Demon 840).

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I think 95% of the fun is the experience of everything that happens way below the limit of a car. Makes me wonder if the 350 will get a little value boost from this...like the manual 997 GT cars?

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2019 Ford Fusion SEL Hybrid
Even though the weight was not revealed, it’s a good bet that it will be at least a few hundred pounds heavier than the GT 350. The weight of the supercharger and the DCT will be the contributing factors.

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor
I am sort of disappointed the GT500 will not be available in stick. After test driving a GT350 last year, it is really hard not to want to order one and enjoy it. I really like my GT though and I don't really sort of see the point of owning two cars with the same bodystyle and I don't plan on getting rid of my GT. I guess I will go with my original plan of ordering a Raptor lol
Sponsored